New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bob423

Minecraft Texture pack problems

i found an awesome Zelda texture pack.

for some reason, although some of the screenshots are from Beta 1.4_01, which is the version i have, and only two are from 1.4,

the .zip file doesn't have pack.txt, it does have pack.png however, so i can't use it. i tried installing it anyway, but it didn't work.

here's the link

what should i do?

Wroks perfectly fine for me. Just put the zip file in the texturepack folder and activate it in game.

The texture pack file link is directly above the 1st pic.(if you downloaded wrong file)

the problem is, all i get is this

and it just stays like that. but when i exit out of it, it closes instantly as if it weren't even loading.

even after i took out the texture pack.

do you have any mods?

Edited by Bob423

That looks like a mod clashing with other mods. Im afraid the only thing to do it to delete your bin folder and start over with your mods.

I was using no mods at the time.

Note: Always a good idea to apply texture packs before adding mods.

Always a good idea to apply texture packs before adding mods.

well most of my mods are part of Zombe's mod pack, and one of them i've never used, but I didn't have any problems with it. I'll delete my bin folder, and move the .txt files from Zombe's mod pack to another folder, restart minecraft, close minecraft, then install the texture pack, and test it. if it works, i'll put in the mod pack and test it again.

Edit: didn't work, it looks like the texture pack just doesn't work. i think it might have something to do with there not being a pack.txt file

Edited by Bob423

i think it might have something to do with there not being a pack.txt file

Never heard of a pack.txt file. I know theres no txt file in any of the packs. You must not have texture pack then.

well, i saw a tutorial on youtube that said there has to be a pack.txt and pack.png for it to work

edit: Why don't you just tell me exactly what you did to set it up? i might be doing it wrong.

Edited by Bob423

The txt is a description for the pack and the png is the cover image. They are optional files and are not needed. So the issue is not with them files. The only file that is required for a pack is terrain.png all other files are optional.

do i need to delete any folders or do anything other than put the .zip file in the texture packs folder?

i found a 1.5 version, but still nothing. do you think i might need it to be a winzip file?

all you need to do is place a .zip in the texture packs folder

C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks