New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
redhoood56

Does rpg maker xp work with Windows 7?

Question

16 answers to this question

I use W7, and I use 2k3/VX/XP. And they all work fine, so yes, yes it does. :D

Edited by Runefreak

google "rpg maker xp on windows 7" you should find a tutorial to make it work if it doesn't right away

You may have to run it on XP service pack 3 and run it as Administrator (Thats what I had to do on win 7 84bit).

You may have to run it on XP service pack 3 and run it as Administrator (Thats what I had to do on win 7 84bit).

When I googled it. The windows website said 32 bit is compatible, but not 64 bit. Is this true?

Rpg maker xp? I am running windows 7 64 bit and use rpg maker xp and have use rpg maker vx. It should work just fine.

When I googled it. The windows website said 32 bit is compatible, but not 64 bit. Is this true?

You need to use the new version on XP and VX for them to work on 64 bit mate, They should be release 3.5.6 I think :) I got mine from C-Net :)

Like kellessdee said, I have W7 64 bit too and it works fine. Both VX and XP. ;)

You need to use the new version on XP and VX for them to work on 64 bit mate, They should be release 3.5.6 I think :) I got mine from C-Net :)

You dont. Im running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and using the old RMXP 1.02A

all versions of RMXP and VX run on all versions of windows 7 with no problem. You shouldnt have to do anything to get it to work.