New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bob423

I need a couple scripts

1. can you make the music stop after the battle results scene ends? instead of (just in case the victory theme is long) continuing until the end.

2. finally, i want the song that is playing outside of battle to resume after the battle instead of starting over.

Edited by Bob423

For the first one, Mixcraft, Audacity, Reaper and GarageBand are all valid choices.

Two, Charlie Fleed's CBS has what you need.

Three, Kellessdee's XMB Menu has a formations thing.

Not sure about four and five.

Edited by Midnite Reaper

thanks, audacity sounds like a good idea. my brother has it, so i don't know why i didn't think of it before.

Yeah I too recommend Charlie Fleed's CBS,

Heres the link: http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/resources/scripts/item/ctb-a-final-fantasy-x-like-battle-system?category_id=11

His CBS has more than what you need but you can easily remove them by ignoring certain scripts in the Demo.

I dunno if what you want with the audio is necessarily possible...When you stop the bgm playing, there isn't any way to know exactly where the file stopped playing and there is no way of starting the song part way through it either.

There may be a way, but it would have to be through some other means than strictly the RGSS.

Wait I take that back! well, actually I don't take what I said back, it's still true...but I did find someone who has created an external DLL to overwrite Rpg maker's audio play back system, allowing better audio support and thus being able to memorize bgm positions!

http://excalistia.com/firas/rmxp/music.zip

that's the Demo, it come with the fmodex.dll, you will need it in your game project and there are a few scripts you need from the project...you will need FmodEx script (at the top) and the Game_System/Other Classes scripts (at the bottom) however their may be compatibility issues with the "other classes" script and battle system scripts... (because this script modifies the default battle script to resume the bgm at the right position...however with this dll it should be simple enough to add functionality to any battle system, lemme know if you have an issue)

NOTE: i found the script here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234385

which credits Kevin Gadd as the creator, so that's who you should credit if you use this.

I know there are scripts for RMVX that remember BGM and playback from when it stopped, But personally this is one thing I don't have because I have Scores that are repetative but complex at the same time so they don't sound like there being repeated (similar to what professional game designers do), Also there is a script for RMVX called Victory Aftermath which will play a certain song when the battle is won then stop it when battle_scene.end is initiated :)

The music thing can't be done without rewriting the Audio class which would be massive. However, you can split the song up in say, ten pieces of equal length then use variables to remember approxomately how long it had come.

I know there are scripts for RMVX that remember BGM and playback from when it stopped, But personally this is one thing I don't have because I have Scores that are repetative but complex at the same time so they don't sound like there being repeated (similar to what professional game designers do), Also there is a script for RMVX called Victory Aftermath which will play a certain song when the battle is won then stop it when battle_scene.end is initiated :)

The music thing can't be done without rewriting the Audio class which would be massive. However, you can split the song up in say, ten pieces of equal length then use variables to remember approxomately how long it had come.

or i could try out Kellessdee's links.

Wait I take that back! well, actually I don't take what I said back, it's still true...but I did find someone who has created an external DLL to overwrite Rpg maker's audio play back system, allowing better audio support and thus being able to memorize bgm positions!

http://excalistia.com/firas/rmxp/music.zip

that's the Demo, it come with the fmodex.dll, you will need it in your game project and there are a few scripts you need from the project...you will need FmodEx script (at the top) and the Game_System/Other Classes scripts (at the bottom) however their may be compatibility issues with the "other classes" script and battle system scripts... (because this script modifies the default battle script to resume the bgm at the right position...however with this dll it should be simple enough to add functionality to any battle system, lemme know if you have an issue)

NOTE: i found the script here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234385

which credits Kevin Gadd as the creator, so that's who you should credit if you use this.

can you explain this differently?

Edited by Bob423

From what I understand, the first thing you need is the fmodex.dll file (which is in the folder of the download I posted)

You simply have to put that in your game folder. It's some kind of library that probably has some low-level classes designed for audio play back.

Nextly you will need a script that utilizes that DLL file. If you open the game project (download I posted) in rpg maker xp, and open the script editor, the very first script is what you need. It probably doesn't matter too much where you place that script in our project, but at the top is the best idea to ensure it works properly.

Then if you scroll down to the bottom, there are a couple other scripts in the same project's script editor.

The Game_System overwrites part of the game_system class to properly play audio (as game_system controls audio as well in rpg maker)

The other classes script overwrites certain other classes to take proper advantage of the new audio class, such as battles (to resume the last song at the correct part), etc. Which will help you UNLESS you are using another battle script, the 2 could conflict with each other. If you are using another battle system script, it shouldn't be too hard to get it setup in the same way, and I could probably help you out with that.

I hope that clarifies it better...I am not too sure of a better way to explain it. If you need further clarification let me know

thanks, that helps a lot. im going to use Charlie Fleed's CBS like Midnite Reaper suggested, you should be able to help me with it, as long as you know a spriter. i'll pm with the details.

You probably should've made a new topic instead of necroposting, but oh well...too late now I guess.

Yes they should have.

Is there a mirror for http://excalistia.com/firas/rmxp/music.zip ? It's dead now as expected.

kellessdee the orignal poster hasn't been on in almost a year. You can try PMing them but you're not likely to get a response from them. Since this topic is clearly so old, I'm locking it. If you want to make any requests it's better to add new topics.