New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
solshadow

Question Regarding the Forum Project?

Is it too late to propose another idea for it and have the site members vote on it? I was just wondering as I came to the site late and im not sure how far into development that the latest project is.

Well I would like to create a project based on the pinned forum story (http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/2720-the-rmxp-unlimited-zombie-survival-rp/). Everyone that would like to help out would get 5-10 special events that we can implement into the game that help out (or hinder) the main character or something. Im just kind of just lightly touching on the premise to see how the idea fairs with people.

yeah, sorry, but we decided on it back in February-March. but you can still help out when we start it up again in the summer, after everyone is done with school.

Does anyone think its a good idea to have two forum projects? The two would be so contrasting, it would be very interesting :rolleyes:

By the way, who is the leader of the current forum project?

currently? me and Enigma. But if Free to Play comes back into the forum by then, it'll be the three of us.

I don't know anything about this community project you guys are talking about, but I have a couple things to say.

There should be only one community project at a time. That's that.. Like Mark said it would be too damn contrasting and confusing to have two.

Sol, the idea of basing a game around that RP is brilliant. There is lot of story to start with, and Tomo has a lot of zombie-esque games that could really help. If it was up to me I'd say screw everything else and do that. :P

There should be only one community project at a time. That's that.. Like Mark said it would be too damn contrasting and confusing to have two.

The contrasting-ness is what allows there to be 2, because both teams have a different style of game in mind. I doesn't sound like it's going to happen, but we could make 2 forums like this (inside of the community project forum): Community Project: {project name}. However I suppose it defeats the purpose of a community project if there are two. I guess I just like to be competitive :rolleyes:

xD

The thing is, if there are two community projects, than neither would really be a community project. A more active site with more members willing to participate could do two at a time with a contest type thing, but for us it'd be best to just have one.

This is still being worked on? When it first started a lot of members wanted to join the development. Then the activity faded away. Later a member reactivated the project building hype and like the first time it also faded away. What's going on with this project?

Well, I'm leading the forum project and since I'm working on other project currently its on hold until then or until another user picks up from where I left off. Since its a forum collaboration, anyone can pickup.

Furthermore, who ever is leading the project has the most say so they can change it how they want.

Right now I'm not working on RMXP at all I'm developing a Facebook Game and working on my novel so I probably won't be back until I've made some good progress on both.

To be honest there are a lot of members on here, however most members either don't use rpg maker xp, they have a xp project that is taking up 10-90% of their time, or for others have no interest whats so ever. With all these attributes in my opinion it is impossible to get a full team, that has the time to work on the forum project. I also think that if this is to be continued there should be more than 1 person that is in charge: kinda like a checks and balance sort of thing, but also to reduce the amount of stress and pressure that is put on the leader. All of this is just my opinion though so yea idk.

Kinda set up like this:

Leader of Events and Story

that persons team

Leader of Maps and Visuals

that persons team

Leader of Scripts and Database

that persons team.

Course this is only an example and is kinda already set up the same except all leaders will be in charge of piecing all finished parts together and they would have to be active enough to communicate.

Edited by Dragon324

I wouldn't mind helping with this project. My games frustrate me a lot so I take frequent breaks.

Leader of Events an Story sounds fun. :>

Well, I'm leading the forum project and since I'm working on other project currently its on hold until then or until another user picks up from where I left off.

Currently you are the project leader and if you're doing something else, then I will remove this forum and its just sitting here wasting space. I'm not sure we should leave it to just anyone to come and takeover the lead either but I'm not sure too many members will be willing anyway.

Currently you are the project leader and if you're doing something else, then I will remove this forum and its just sitting here wasting space. I'm not sure we should leave it to just anyone to come and takeover the lead either but I'm not sure too many members will be willing anyway.

I agree and even if someone wanted to take over the project they would have to read over everything and keep up with everything doubling the stress and all. Also getting enough members would be almost impossible. I mean you would have to find someone who is experienced but not currently to busy at this time and has no plans on starting anything on their own which is impossible almost in itself.

I agree and even if someone wanted to take over the project they would have to read over everything and keep up with everything doubling the stress and all. Also getting enough members would be almost impossible. I mean you would have to find someone who is experienced but not currently to busy at this time and has no plans on starting anything on their own which is impossible almost in itself.

Yeah, the last forum project I ended up finishing myself with little to no help from anyone.

I was just about to say "bad sign(s) is very bad" upon reading the post. A "temporary" close down to the project could suffice for now. When the gang's all there and ready, they can just reopen the forum project. I'm still not a part of this team affair due to slightly more-visible reasons. =<

Well, these things are extremely difficult to hold together. Even when we had most of the forum working on one of these, as Jesse indicated, but this is probably the 3rd one. Anyone who steps up as leader is pretty brave.

Well, these things are extremely difficult to hold together. Even when we had most of the forum working on one of these, as Jesse indicated, but this is probably the 3rd one. Anyone who steps up as leader is pretty brave.

Not necessarily brave lol. I think though the first thing we should do *as a community* is see how many people is still willing to work on this. With activity being down I think we need to see how many people still have time and are willing to do it. Then we need to get a new list with who can do what and when and after that set a steady pace at which everyone is happy working at. Like I also mentioned having more than 1 person in charge might also help have 5 or so different ones that keep track of all different aspects of the game, that then reports it all to each other on here. It's just an idea :sweatdrop:. Either way I know I cant still do events here and there and maybe even some other things for it, if it picks back up.

I could take the lead on this. I'm busy with anything at the moment except my personal stuff (writing, GameKits.org and Zanime.net). Plus I have an assortment of books on leading a game project (though they are geared toward commercial games; the same concept can be applied). A project needs direction (which I can provide cause I am not working on any projects at the moment). I have experience in both RMXP and VX (as well as Game Maker); just a thought. No need to see another project die.

EDIT

After looking around this forum and reading topics, it's as if this had went no where even from the beginning. The lack of information that a Project Team should have is no where to be found and what information is provided is lacking at best. I saw character development topic, battle system poll topic, and a variety of other idea topic. But nothing that would truly define what Project 2012 is in the slightest other than a group project with no direction...

What is the story?

Who are the characters?

Where are the locations?

Scope and Scale?

The Premise?

Level Templates?

Character Bio's?

Scripts?

Audio and sound?

Concept?

Well if it's okay with Enigma and Marked (and members) I'll do this...I love a challenge and this is defiantly it.

Edited by Noob Saibot

The Original leader left without saying a word, Free2Play. I don't know if he has real life issues or he ditched the site.

I could take the lead on this. I'm busy with anything at the moment except my personal stuff (writing, GameKits.org and Zanime.net). Plus I have an assortment of books on leading a game project (though they are geared toward commercial games; the same concept can be applied). A project needs direction (which I can provide cause I am not working on any projects at the moment). I have experience in both RMXP and VX (as well as Game Maker); just a thought. No need to see another project die.

EDIT

After looking around this forum and reading topics, it's as if this had went no where even from the beginning. The lack of information that a Project Team should have is no where to be found and what information is provided is lacking at best. I saw character development topic, battle system poll topic, and a variety of other idea topic. But nothing that would truly define what Project 2012 is in the slightest other than a group project with no direction...

What is the story?

Who are the characters?

Where are the locations?

Scope and Scale?

The Premise?

Level Templates?

Character Bio's?

Scripts?

Audio and sound?

Concept?

Well if it's okay with Enigma and Marked (and members) I'll do this...I love a challenge and this is defiantly it.

Unfortunately, the problem is that the forum project was dedicated to much on one person. I did make tasks for the game creation and did attempt community-wide story development but the lack of autonomy became painfully obvious when I spent time on other projects.

There is lots of stuff that is done in relation to concepts story etc and I will compile it and post it later this week on this forum. Since this a community project it is intended to be developed by the community, therefore user input is a necessity. I have 2 suggestions on how this could be done.

1. Start off slow and draw out the design process, or break it up to simultaneously work on different aspects of the game.

2. Add incentives for participation. Currently and in the past there was no reason to work on a forum project only those who where interested would even glace at the board. I think rather than making it a forum project like a game design team, make tasks in the form of competitions with prizes anywhere from custom signatures to rmxp points or cameos in the game. A lot more members on the forum compete in competitions than join game design teams.

This also allows teams to work on the forum project without having to "join" a new group.

The Original leader left without saying a word, Free2Play. I don't know if he has real life issues or he ditched the site.

He was the leader? He was a little rude. I don't think I'd like someone with that attitude representing the site.

I think first of all the project needs a leader. It is a community project of course but a leader and coordinator is the foundation that will make it work. If the original members of this particular project no longer have time to participate, then Kage has my vote. Some people may not like his style but he'll get things done.

:o Actually, Free2Play and I were the original leaders, then it was just me, So I nominate who ever wants to do it