New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Jesse66126

What's worse Hell or Being Erased from Existence?

Hell or Oblivion?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a harsher punishment?

• Hell
    • Oblivion

In Ishtar, there is no Hell. Instead, there are three doors for spirits to go through when they die: Paradise, Reincarnation, or Oblivion.

With oblivion, spirits are erased completely. All the people they killed come back to life, all the crimes they committed, never happened, and any children they may have had are erased,too. It's as if they were never born.

The current poll I have going on another site shows Hell being worse,but I want to hear your opinions.

I would rather no exist then be in hell. Hell has been described as an awful place filled with pain. However, I could meet famous people in hell like Michael Jackson, Brett Favre, George Bush, etc. Now it's a tough choice.

Ceast to exist, rather that then burning in eternal fire. Then again how do you know your not living in hell now. :shok:

I would rather no exist then be in hell. Hell has been described as an awful place filled with pain. However, I could meet famous people in hell like Michael Jackson, Brett Favre, George Bush, etc. Now it's a tough choice.

LOL, Michael Jackson

Edited by bigace

^ Because Hell is described as indescribable pain. No tongue sticking out emoticons, there. =p

And as such, I'd choose no existence. "Can't feel what you don't have" <--Which would mean you can't feel pain if you don't exist!

^ Because Hell is described as indescribable pain. No tongue sticking out emoticons, there. =p

And as such, I'd choose no existence. "Can't feel what you don't have" <--Which would mean you can't feel pain if you don't exist!

I really didn't think I had to put sarcasm in that post, please tell me you weren't taking that serious. <_<

No rly, if you really read my post you would of read the part where it says that its eternal fire that is indescribable pain. Second part was sarcasm.

Edited by bigace

Epic Edit: I'm in a slightly better mood now, so I'll just say "Noted: Never return a joke with another joke with Bigace~ =p".

Edited by ProjectTrinity

There was never a joke to begin with, so this conversation is moot. <_<

No need to start an argument over something so silly.

I think different people have a different interpretation of hell. But generally speaking, its like asking if want to stay in a hotel or a desert in summer, there's one answer unless you're abnormal.

So hell.

Not existing is a lot worse than Hell me thinks, but I'm not entirely sure myself. Hell was never described in Christianity, so I'm not even sure if anything actually goes on down there other than you being separated from God... :sweatdrop:

Yeah but at a minimum everyone thinks of hell as a negative place right? Not existing isn't really negative, but I guess not everyone thinks that? Not existing is a pretty neutral thing, therefore not existing is better. What you think Crimson?

I agree with Marked. Hell would be worse than not existing.

However Hell isnt necessarily contained into just the afterlife perspectives of life. Life itself can be as Hellish as we imagine and think Hell would be. What if you were a slave? What if you starved every day of your existence and had no idea when or where your next crumb of food will come? There are things in life that people can picture that would be worse than their picture of Hell. What if you had Cancer? What if you were a 14 year old Quadrapalegic and stuck in a Wheelchair for the rest of a very long expected life?

A lot of it has to do with that individuals perspective. Rape is a decent example. Many people imagine that being Raped only happens to Women. What if you were / are a Woman and have experienced the trauma of being Raped? Living with those consequences can be as traumatic as the experience itself. Many people often have the perspective that you cant Rape a man. Two words. Butt Secks. Like Prison. Prison in many ways can be just as Hellish as we may picture that Hell itself would be. However, it depends on the perspective. If you were on the brink of starving to death, used to selling your body in exchange for sexual favors, not knowing where you will sleep next or where your next meal will come from, Prison, to that person, could appear to be a Heaven more than others would perceive it to be a Hell. Prison puts a roof over your head, some sort of a place to sleep, and provides food. The minimum necessary requirements to stay alive. Hell to a lot of people is when they cant even acquire or sustain those necessary requirements.

Thus, it is all a matter of perspective, and every person is going to have at least a slightly different perspective based on their life experiences. Some religions teach that a person will be given a certain number of virgins if they die in such a way that it appeases their God. Well, thats just great, unless you're the Virgin! Perspective.

If Hell was just a place only shaped by the individual's own perspective based on their emotions and fears? You know, that sounds like Silent Hill? What if Hell was like Silent Hill?

Or what if Hell was like Jhonen Vasquez created in Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, and that it was just like the mortal world only people respawn and any misery is only self-inflicted?

To answer the OP question, I'd think I'd rather be in Hell than be erased into Oblivion. I wouldn't like Oblivion, that's where I left my Adoring Fan.

Edited by UrHappyPlz

"The Enrichment Center once again reminds you that android hell is a real place where you be sent at the first sign of defiance."

Hell Vs Oblivion

Hell is a place of eternal torture and everlasting pain; in Christianity, it is the ultimate punishment, but irregardless of whatever one believes in the Concept of Hell is that it is the worst punishment.

Oblivion eradicates on existence, and complete oblivion erases all instances of ones existence. The issue is that in both cases the party cannot experience any pain or suffering because they cannot experience anything at all.

Thus one can conclude that Hell is technically a worse place to be than Oblivion.

Considering a situation where the party exists in a prior state but can expect either Complete Oblivion, Annihilation, or Hell it depends on the beliefs of that person. They are all pretty scary for different reasons.

Edited by Enigma