New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Noob Saibot

ReMake Project 2012

p2012_banner.png

RMXPU Community,

So for those who do not know I am now also a Project Leader for Project 2012 and the first thing you will take note that I removed (moved) posts that I felt were no longer needed for this particular forum. It was scattered information and ideas with some questions thrown in here and there. The first order of this project is organization so I removed all old topics into the sub-forum labeled Archive. This forum will also have a set standard rule for any member posting a topic question (see below).

The second order of this new Re-Make of Project 2012 is actually getting the community involved. Well reading a few of the old topics I did not feel as if the community was involved enough in some of the decision making for this community project. That’s why I have decided to start from scratch because if this is to be a true community project it should have that aspect right from the start that the community had a decision in major roles of the development process of this project.

Let’s start by discussing a few new ground rules and what you can expect from the new Project 2012:

1) Though this project has Leader(s), their word is not final unless it is to break a tie or conflicting argument or idea for Project 2012.

2) Project Leader(s) will derive a variety of concepts for the community to choose from and allow them to vote on which concept should be used in Project 2012 (e.g. story and plot).

3) If a concept is submitted by a Leader for the community to vote and debate, and the community fails to give any incite the leader has the right to make their own decision.

4) All QUESTIONS regarding Project 2012 (or P12 for short) should have a pre-fix of [QUES], which simply means Question. All topic questions not following this prefix will not be answered and soft deleted (only MODs can see it)as well as moved to the archive.

These questions will be answered as best we can and then moved to the archive. One of the Project Leader’s will make a FAQ topic and link to all archived questions for easy finding.

Now here is a list of up-coming P2012 topics that the community will debate and ultimately decide on some of the aspects of P2012. Please remember that I chose to start over because the first attempt failed at truly involving the community so this will be your chance to voice your thoughts and ideas in these topics when they have been made.

1) Engine--- RMXP or RMVX

2) Game Title

3) Story and Plot Concepts

4) Main Hero Gender (may depend on #3)

5) Hero(s) history/Plot and information (may depend on #3 and #4)

6) Starting Intro

7) Menu System

9) Battle System

10) Other Scripts Used

v/Respectfully

Noob Saibot/Kage Kazumi (P-2012 Leader)

Edited by Noob Saibot

I suggest VX to be the maker. It is a more simple version of the RPG Maker. It has more scripting options.

I think the plot should be about us. It does not need to be a complete reflection of this forum. The story can be in a made up world with us as characters. It does need to be about a forum world, just a normal world. For example Marked maybe an owner of a store or the mentor for the heroes. The heroes can come from different backgrounds such as students, average Joe, a cook, etc. Personally I want to be an independent villain.

I think the best battle system should be a side view battle system. This can be easily done with VX scripts.

For example Marked maybe an owner of a store or the mentor for the heroes.

A shopkeeper? :blink:

My vote is VX too. Just because we need more VX coverage here and that will be good for the community.

Not quite the replies I was looking for. This topic is not a debate topic on what the project should use, will use, might use, etc. It is more or less an information topic.

~CLOSED

v/Respectfully,

Kage Kazumi/Noob Saibot (P12 Leader)