New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Noob Saibot

[Open]Map Design--Real Prize

RMXP Community,

After some thought I have decided on a Contest that the winners (2 of them) will be rewarded a free legal license of RPG Maker XP and RPG Maker VX. I had to make sure I picked something challenging, but also that any one who owns RPG Maker XP, VX, or Game Maker could participate in. This contest is a form of Mapping Skills and Creative Skills. If you enter (simply reply to this topic and say which Software you are trying to win) you will be required to make a map in the shape/form of some type of creature using the default tile sets of the software (recoloring is okay). An example of this would be like a Pikachu Island (in the shape and minor details).

Below is my example (a Horned Slime Island; A Slime I created for this example based off Drake Slime from Dragon Quest series):

This is simply an example; with more time I'm sure I could make it damn good.

hornedslimeisland-1.png

Download Example File: here

Rules

1) Must be made with Tile Sets in any game making software that supports Tile Sets.

2) You must provide a working demo of said map.

3) To Enter simply reply to this topic by saying what Software you are trying to win.

4) If you already own one or both of the software offered please do not enter.

5) Partners are okay, but it should be someone who is not entering the contest or requesting the same software.

6) Limit two entries per person.

Enter Start: 17 AUG 2011

Enter End: 31 AUG 2011

*The length of time people have to join/sign up for contest.

Submissions In By: 25 SEP 2011

Last Submission Excepted: 28 SEP 2011

*Submissions will be sent to Noob Saibot, by PM. DO NOT POST SUBMISSIONS in this topic.

Winner Announced: 01 OCT 2011

This is Legal and has been approved by rpgmakerweb.com!

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot/Kage Kazumi (P12 Leader)

Edited by Noob Saibot

I think this is a very interestign and fresh contest :D Also all-in-all it's a well presented competition, although I have one question:

This - "If you already own one or both of the software offered please do not enter" We have to have at least 1 to make the creature out of either rmxp or rmvx tiles, and Game Maker doesn't come with default tiles

I think this is a very interestign and fresh contest :D Also all-in-all it's a well presented competition, although I have one question:

This - "If you already own one or both of the software offered please do not enter" We have to have at least 1 to make the creature out of either rmxp or rmvx tiles, and Game Maker doesn't come with default tiles

Actually no, you do not need RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, or even Game Maker to participate in the contest. You simply need any game making software that supports Tile Set construction (see full list of game making software here; not all are tile based and some are free or paid). Now if you own RMXP then obviously you can only try and go for the RPG Maker VX license. Now as for Game Maker, yes it does have default resources they are just downloaded separately.

Edited by Noob Saibot

Actually no, you do not need RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, or even Game Maker to participate in the contest. You simply need any game making software that supports Tile Set construction (see full list of game making software here; not all are tile based and some are free or paid). Now if you own RMXP then obviously you can only try and go for the RPG Maker VX license. Now as for Game Maker, yes it does have default resources they are just downloaded separately.

Ahh I understand now, thanks :)

I have a question for this...I have RPG Maker XP, but I haven't been using it because I don't want to release anything that's made with an illegal copy...if I enter this with my illegal copy, would I be able to enter for the legal copy?

@ShinyToyGuns --- I do not see an issue here. I mean if people wanted to they could even use RPG Maker 2003/95 the only real rule is it must be a game making software that supports tile set maps/rooms.

@Kiriashi --- This depends on if the person is a member with at least 10 posts and they plan on helping you (if possible); or is it just someone you know?

@Everyone --- I updated the HERE link in POST #3 (of this topic) so it should work now.

Edited by Noob Saibot

It's someone I know. She's not a member here.

EDIT: ANd she would not be helping me.

Do they have to be the default tile sets, or can we use custom ones? Either way, I'll be entering to make my version of RPG Maker XP legal.

Default, but you can recolor them if you wish. For example if you where going to make an Island in the shape of Pikachu and you wanted it to me more of the color theme of it you can recolor the tile set to resemble the color.

Also the island should be walkable (i.e. player can walk on it or sail (boat; RMXP has a script for this).

i may possible want to enter this. If i do i'd want a xp so i could have the legal copy xD...

I have a few plans for this *evil grin*

edit* pretty much i'l enter but i might not go through with it :( i'm kind of busy at the moment but i'l still try to get something in.

Edited by JoKo

I'm entering the competition and am selecting RMXP as the prize. I will be using RMVX for the entry :3

is this good?

that's really nice :) but this time until 31st august is just for entering alone and not submitting work, plus you havnt stated that your entering :rolleyes:

that's really nice :) but this time until 31st august is just for entering alone and not submitting work, plus you havnt stated that your entering :rolleyes:

ahh i thought that was it. well i just wanted to post to the contest. so i should wait haha

I don't think you are allowed to post submissions in public.. not a very good idea...

I don't think you are allowed to post submissions in public.. not a very good idea...

This has been noted in the first post near the submission dates.

This has been noted in the first post near the submission dates.

You should know better then that by now to trust people on any forum to read, because that requires effort.

RMXPU Community,

There are now 2 licenses for RPG Maker VX up for grabs. Only one person can win a single license. This means there can now be three winners.

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot/Kage Kazumi

good luck everyone who's entering, I'll be submitting 2 soon hopefully :)

Edited by madanchi

7 more days to last submission if the contest is still on

just a reminder for people

Edited by madanchi

I received a private message on October 9th saying:

ShinyToyGuns,

You are the winner of the Map Design contest as you are the only person to submit an entry. Because of this I will give you the License for both RMXP and RMVX.

asking me to send an email to him so he could send the codes. I did this, but never received the codes. Haven't seen him since.

RMXPU Community,

Yes this contest was over OCT 1st and only one person actually submitted anything. So by default that person won.

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! i was gone for a while and forgot about this comp, such a great comp and only one person entered :( what a dam pitty... Thanks for doing the comp Saibot, wish more took part including my dam self, but it's over now

i might show what I was going to enter with

edit: ok, here's what my entry would have been

creature.png

Lrger image in spoiler (original size)

creature.png

Edited by madanchi

Sign in to follow this