New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Noob Saibot

[P12] Battle System

RMXPU Community,

Well we wait for the Plot Themes to be created I decided to tan-gin away from the story/plot and start voting on another subject of the community project. The battle system is one of the important pieces in an RPG game as some provide a little interaction well others are of a more classic RPG style (menu based action). So we need to decided a battle system (RPG Maker XP) to use. Feel free to suggest a Battle System Script or agree to one someone has already suggested. Please provide a link to the script and demo as well (in case people wish to try them before they suggest/vote).

Now I am aware that in the old topics a battle system was already agreed upon, but this being a re-make of Project 2012 it deserves a new vote as well so please no complaining.

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot/Kage Kazumi (P12 Leader)

Edited by Noob Saibot

I would like a star ocean kinda battle system. When you touch a monster it takes you to a battle. And we could you Mr Moe ABS. or something like that

i think some kind of side view battle system would work great. imo, the story and battle system have to "fit" in some way.

and "hero is unknowingly the bad guy" seems to fit with an animated side view battle system of some kind.

edit: or a tactical battle system

Edited by Bob423

Just like bob said. Side view will fit the story better. IMO action battle systems are not very good for RPG's

While I agree we should use side-view, KH series, SO series, and DA2 had good action battle systems.

I would like a star ocean kinda battle system. When you touch a monster it takes you to a battle. And we could you Mr Moe ABS. or something like that

Thats easy enough to event So its totally possible

i think some kind of side view battle system would work great. imo, the story and battle system have to "fit" in some way.

and "hero is unknowingly the bad guy" seems to fit with an animated side view battle system of some kind.

edit: or a tactical battle system

I don't get what you mean by fit seeing as its way to general

IMO Right now the Plot is too general to fit a specific Battle system and Modern RPGs utilize a variety of battle systems Side view was used predominately used in the past because of the easy of programming.

However Zelda, which technically uses an ABS, and was very successful.

As am I a supporter of XAS 4.0 I support using XAS 4.0, when it comes out... cause it looks awesome

if we decided to use a tactical battle system, Gubi'ds Tactical Battle System its teh best

The best side view I've seen is the the Supermario battle system

http://rpgmaker.net/games/2205/MHBS/

but we'd have to ask to get it

As am I a supporter of XAS 4.0 I support using XAS 4.0, when it comes out... cause it looks awesome

if we decided to use a tactical battle system, Gubi'ds Tactical Battle System its teh best

What is XAS 4.0?---- see here

What is Gubi'ds Tactical Battle System?---- see here

RMXPU Community,

Vote well you can because from now on if Community Project topics are ignored they will be considered as voting completed.

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot/Kage Kazumi (P12 Leader)

RMXPU Community,

I let this topic sit longer than needed, but I wanted to see if more people would vote. No surprise no one did. Will make a new topic tomorrow for voting on an actual scripts based on the ones suggested.

v/Respectfully,

Noob Saibot/Kage Kazumi