New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ForeverZer0

Gemini Script Editor

I don't mean to be a stick in the mud (And I do try, but I have thought of something) but couldn't this access the scripts of encrypted games :shok: ? Just asking . . . . :huh:

-Grimm

No, as it is now, it cannot access the scripts of encrypted games. It loads the scripts game from the .rvproj/.rxproj

file, and an encrypted archive does not have these files.

Mind you, there are easier ways to get scripts/resources from an encrypted archive anyways. RPG Maker Xp/VX doesn't really have that great of an encryption function tbh.

I really want to express my endorsement for this project. It's so much easier to work with Gemini, and much more comfortable. But the bug with the wrong decoded characters is too severe, which prevents me from using it, sadly. So I'm looking forward to the updated version.

Keep it up! =)

Edited by stardust

Frankly, coders should be using as little special characters as possible in my opinion, but a bug is a bug I guess.

Frankly, coders should be using as little special characters as possible in my opinion, but a bug is a bug I guess.

That's true as long as we're talking about naming conventions and so on. But my problem were several characters like ä,ö,ü which I used for localized strings in a vocabulary-module. Apart from that the only problem were some special characters in comments. But I'm sure ForeverZer0 will find a way to solve this issue :)

I don't know if anyone else is still using this, but if you are has anyone experiense this problem. For some reason Gemini won't open on my computer. The Icon on the taskbar shows up but the program itself won't appear.

Actually I had this issue, I believe if you hover the mouse over the icon on the task bar (so that little box with the thumbnail of the window appears), then right click the thumbnail and select "Maximize"

That worked for me any ways.

wink.png

Changelog

• Splash Screen
  • New logo
  • Moved to IronRuby 1.1.3 and .Net 4
  • Moved to Scintilla 2.2.2, the RMVXAce one, which have received some fix
  • Fixed "New Project" title bug
  • Added RPG Maker VX Ace projects support
  • Improved loading and saving speed drastically
  • Added ability to open r*data scripts files directly
  • Changed "Recently Open Projects" order, now most recents are on top of the list
  • Added "Auto-Open Most Recent on Start" option
  • Added interoperability with RPG Maker, we can now use both at the same time, the scripts from Gemini are kept
  • Added "Close Project" button
  • Improved Import functions to support multiple files at once
  • Added Export as r*data script file, it can be use as backup
  • Changed Settings format and save location, since Gemini is a portable application I though it would be better to have it in the same folder
  • Added save confirmation dialog before running game or closing Gemini
  • Added new style for line number margin in the style configuration
  • Changed Auto Complete list to display words that 'contains' tapped text (instead of 'start with') + alphabetically sorted
  • Removed Auto Complete validation chars "([.{:" that could validate unwanted words due to non case sensitiveness
  • Changed "Auto Complete Configuration" behavior, now we activate word groups by selecting them and it's smart (aka we have RMXP constants if an RMXP project is open, etc...)
  • Added RPG Maker help files to open with F1
  • Added F12 shortcut for running game
  • Added button to open current project folder
  • Merged update process into Gemini
  • Added "Auto Check Updates" option
  • Added possibility to copy/paste scripts between different Gemini's instances and/or RPG Maker
  • Added drag drop to reorder scripts list
  • Added drag drop to reorder open scripts tabs
  • Added display of the altered state of scripts in tabs and script list with a *
  • Added close button on tabs and middle click to close them too
  • Added new tabbed interface for searches with Ctrl+Maj+F
  • Fixed find/replace window bugs
  • Added Ctrl+0 to reset the text zoom
  • Fixed coloring bugs
  • Fixed encoding bug
  • Improved "Auto-Indent" and "Stucture Script" algorythms

Edited by ForeverZer0

Great an needed update,happy.png but you didn't do the split screen I showed you (unless I'm missing something?) Suggestion, I was wondering if you could add a way to start a project as just and file.txt instead of just the RPG Makers.

Edited by bigace

uhm, so can someone dumb this down and explain to us non scriptors and simple map makers what it is and what its for o.o

It's an scripting engine thats allows you to use the scripting database in RPG Maker without the trouble of importing/exporting scripts to and from the built-in editor.

I dunno about this, I don't think there's anything wrong with the rpg maker script editor ;/ except for the lack of search functionality. But I guess it can be useful.

I just found this and it looks neat but what is it supposed to do? Does it unencrypt script data in projects or does it mod scripts? I dunno but it looks like it has possibilities.

THis is Pretty good, but I think an Editor at the same time as Generator would be better, so that even though you are first timer in scripting, you can make your own easily.... :D