New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Joko

Minecraft 1.8 beta? I think yes

No!!! Enough with the Minecraft threads!!! I will seriously delete all of them, yes you heard me!!! I'm gonna do it, I'M GOING TO DO IT!!!

...Ok I won't do it. T.T

*goes back to his corner*

No!!! Enough with the Minecraft threads!!! I will seriously delete all of them, yes you heard me!!! I'm gonna do it, I'M GOING TO DO IT!!!

...Ok I won't do it. T.T

*goes back to his corner*

You minecraft hater >.< one day i shall find were you live and force you to play it :)

one huge problem though, with lighting. causes extreme lag. not sure how the bug is triggered, but its not fun.

says theres major lag with older maps. 1.7 maps will lag like hell on 1.8. so make a new map if you wish to play.

says theres major lag with older maps. 1.7 maps will lag like hell on 1.8. so make a new map if you wish to play.

Lighting does cause huge lags and i haven't even played any of the old maps yet. Also theres a duping glitch, underwater torch glitch and a lot more. I'm glad they delayed the official release haha.

I don't see whats the big deal about minecraft.

It's just a boring virtual-lego game.

I'm personally really really into cause of redstone. I probably would of quick ages ago if redstone wasn't so much

fun to use on smp servers. Making traps, hidden doors, making traps, songs, oh did i say traps twice? well thats the best part :)

yeah found out of the beta releae when it was first announced on the forums ;D

@Meteor Rain, well if youve got imagination and a little patience you'll know it isn't just a virtual-lego game. Plus there's more than just builidng you know

but now I think witht he mine systems, finding resources is incredibly easier and making it a lot less challenging in some aspects and FINALLY.... creative!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Edited by madanchi

I don't see whats the big deal about minecraft.

It's just a boring virtual-lego game.

I think its more of a game-building kind of program, just with lego-themed building blocks.

There is a lot of things to do in minecraft i just hate starting over to regain all the resources i had.

Especially diamond >.<

well it's a lot easier now with the abondoned mines =D but diamond still seems as difficult

I dont like the poisoning spider thingy magiggys. And i swear i believe they hide high up in there spider webs and jump down.

i think they're called cave spiders, and they ARE pretty annoying. but overall, its definitely a great update :biggrin_002:

i think they're called cave spiders, and they ARE pretty annoying. but overall, its definitely a great update :biggrin_002:

Yeah its a amazing update. It's just those "Cave spiders" raped us when i was trying to build that mob grinder haha xD

Yup been playing it for the past 2 hours with my room mate. :) Local server FTW.

Didja have any problems? I was at a friend's house this weekend and we played the whole time, but the server crashed quite often.

Didja have any problems? I was at a friend's house this weekend and we played the whole time, but the server crashed quite often.

Mine crashed once. and was never playable again.....lol bob and i found a abandoned mine and about 20 minutes later while we were down their the server took a poop and quit on us..

Just came across a huge bug. Below my house i had a mob grinder that was constatly killing spiders in a adbandoned mine. I found out that the orbs they drop dont despawn in lava and cause massive lag 0.0

someone should make a list of all these glitches, and give it to notch lol. just in case he missed some

Minecraft wiki. Use this always for everything minecraft. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

It has everything you will ever need. Bug lists, future update lists, item id's and information, guides. You name it, it has it.

And for current bugs there's a huge list on the wiki. http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Known_bugs/Version_1.8

I didn't really get a lot of bugs that hindered gameplay, it was just the server kept dying for no good reason.

when you die and drop your xp. if you drop enough it can crash the server instantly.

when you die and drop your xp. if you drop enough it can crash the server instantly.

I never had a crash yet and i usually have 4 people on my server playing almost 24/7 without restarts(jacked view distance up to 20 on server also). We collect massive amounts of EXP, so much that sometimes when we die it takes 5-10min to collect it all. Sometimes when someone dies it lags for about a min. Guess it depends on the hardware you have. I heard it crashes on Mac and linux alot. Hopefully it will be all resolved once 1.8 comes.

I never had a crash yet and i usually have 4 people on my server playing almost 24/7 without restarts(jacked view distance up to 20 on server also). We collect massive amounts of EXP, so much that sometimes when we die it takes 5-10min to collect it all. Sometimes when someone dies it lags for about a min. Guess it depends on the hardware you have. I heard it crashes on Mac and linux alot. Hopefully it will be all resolved once 1.8 comes.

I hope so to lol. I went to this wiki page and it showed all the bugs people have found and let me tell you, theres A LOT!

I really do hope he can go through and fix all of them lol. since the game is supposed to come out today or might already be im about to go check. who knows?

*Edit* Minecraft 1.8 doesn't come out today it got delayed again :(m but another pre release is being released tomorrow.

Edited by JoKo

yes an updated pre-release is being leaked tomorrow and people could abuse the exp system by using mob famrs :o. And they need to fix the lag with too many exp orbs, the same happens with too many beds dropped

I get all my info from the wiki and the forums index page

yes an updated pre-release is being leaked tomorrow

really? so it wont be released today!? :angry:

i waited all day, and when i get home from school i see this. not cool notch :nono4:

really? so it wont be released today!? :angry:

i waited all day, and when i get home from school i see this. not cool notch :nono4:

Notch has nothing to do with it. He's been working on some secret project....

Jeb is the one working on it and really he's done a decent job.