New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Silencher

Second 'Skill' Command and bank/array

Question

I'm basically looking for a system that would be similar to FF6. I basically want to keep the default 'skills' ability/bank and at certain times I want another option: 'Tools' to be available both in battle and in the out of battle menu. I'd like to be able to add/remove the 'tools' option from each menu via a call script or by turning on/off switches, and I'd like to be able to set certain skills to go into the new 'tools' bank rather than the default skills bank.

So for example in battle I would have attack/skills/defend/escape. But I'd like a script that allows me to add 'tools' beneath 'skills' while still retaining all the other battle commands.

For 'skills' I would put in skills like 'lockpicking',etc. Whereas in tools I might put 'cannon' or 'stun gun'.

If possible, it would be nice to designate which skills go 'tools' bank by going into the script and setting the skills in an array or whatever by their ID number in the skills tab of the database.

ex:

Command: Tools (4, 5, 6) # where 4, 5, 6 are 'stun gun', 'cannon', 'flamethrower'

And maybe I could have a call script where I can force add skills to the 'Tools' bank, like as part of storyline or what have you. Ex: My character builds a grenade launcher, and so I add some kind of call script that would add the skill 'grenade launcher' into the 'tools' bank/array above.

Also, it would be nice if somewhere in the script I could define the name of this 'second skill', in case I decide I don't want it called 'Tools'.

The 'Tools' command would ideally be available in both out of battle and in battle menu when 'allowed', and I would always have it so that if it's allowed in battle it would be allowed out of battle and visa versa. Selecting the 'tools' command would then access the 'tools' bank and from there it would be like normal skill selection/usage.

I realize this may be confusing so please let me know if there are questions.

Edited by Silencher

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet