New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

Musical Mystery  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What genre of music should my next pack be?

• Another classical pack
    • Rock and metal!
    • Symphonic Metal
    • Jazz
    • Techno
    • Ambient music
    • Latin American
    • Disco
    • Epic Pack (Mixed bag)
    • Other styles (These can be personal requests; post a comment if selected)

Greetings!

my name is Grimm Hallows, and I'm willing to make everyone music, largely so they can get rid of the not-so-great RTP music!

As a musician, I love creating music, and while my talents are with looping programs like MAGIX Music maker 17, and Garage Band, I don't always use loops, creating entire songs through sheet music notation.

I have provided a sample for you all to listen to; it's an example of a battle theme, with a "Starting effect".

Battle Theme (With Starter).MP3

This is also another creation I have recently uploaded, made for the title or main theme of a game, or even overworld music for something

www.k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/4i80c6au6c/epic_battle.mp3

Please review both!

Without the starting effect for the first one, which is optional, the battle theme will repeat and loop over itself, creating a brilliant theme.

I also do "overworld" themes, for when your character is not in battle, and just about anything else necessary to do with the Musical audio of RPG games.

Simply request it an I'll make it as soon as possible, generally within a few days per song.

This is completely for free, so feel free to either PM me, or simply reply; this thread will be monitored daily to make sure I'm not falling behind!

-Grimm

Edited by GrimmHallows

Approved! I also took the liberty of adding an mp3player to your post for that song.

You should start doing that will all your stuff. :3

Great job, and keep it up.'

EDIT: Also when I played it, I had Sons of Plunder by Disturbed playing in iTunes and forgot to pause that. Strangely enough, the two songs almost mixed perfectly for a bit. c:

I'll be honest, I have no idea how to add the media player, so I just use a download link Heh.

You'll have to forgive me that.

Upload the mp3 to a website like http://kiwi6.com/

Copy and paste the link in

[mp3player='2']k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/tq377jf7qf/battle_theme_with_starter.mp3/[/mp3player]

tags like that. the tags for each player in a topic have to be different. That's the first number in the tag, aka after the mp3player=.

I see! That's pretty, cool. Now that I understand that, I'll give it a quick shot tomorrow;

Not tonight SO TIRED!

I really hope to actually create a small demo like Lizzie_S' dungeon crawler game.

That was way cool, and I've already started with music, and when it's all finished up tomorrow, I'll be sure to send it to her so she can add it.

Thanks for all your help Kiri. :alright:

-Grimm

EDIT: Here is a "world Theme" for Lizzie_S game.

I managed to figure it out! YAY ME! :clap: :blink:

Edited by GrimmHallows

No problem. You're music is great, so I feel inclined to do whatever can to encourage you to do more. :3

And I'm sure she would love to have some of your music for her game.

-Bump-

Remember, if anyone needs music (now that I am back up and running, sorry for the delay and unresponsiveness lately), they can come here! Where all the custom music you could want is, and free!

Need a massive boss theme?

A subtle back alley tune?

A sad slow melodic mood?

Let Grimm's Voices feature in your games and bring life to your story!

Just remember to credit the music in some way!

The music is awesome!

Question about outstanding music like this in general however, especially for very long boss battles. A lot of songs have an intro and an outro, is it possible to split up music in a way that allows the intro to play at the start of the battle, then play the main part of the song and loop it seamlessly back into itself so that the end of the song is not immediately obvious to the player?

With RPG Maker VX, or XP, no. Sadly, you get a starting effect followed by the music. However, I can make it so that it can repeat for well over an hour . . . even add variations to it throughout the songs to keep it interesting. I could just make a 64 bar song, with an intro in front, and then copy it out over and over again.

With the outro, you can change the song outro if your boss is an event (By changing it through one of the event buttons, yeah?) So technically, I can make that in itself seperate!

Finally, I'm really hoping that whatever Enterbrain comes out with next, they consider what I sent them (I sent an email asking if they could have the main battle music only start AFTER the sound effect, not just over the top.)

Thanks for your question, Heretic!

-Grimm

Well, what I was thinking is to use the ME which stops the Background Music while it is playing as an Intro, where the BG music can loop after the ME plays. I couldnt even tell you what ME stands for, but it is one of the Event options... Depends on the type of music however, for the complex music that doesnt really sound like it has any breaks in it, I think it might work, but Im not a musician.

If you have a website where I can sample more of your stuff, I'll probably end up using it! Its that good, seriously!

The problem with using the ME crossing with the BGM is that it overlaps too much; you'd have to script in a wait period for every battle.

That probably wouldn't be that hard, but a bit of a pain, don't you think? ^_^

In terms of a website, I'm going to try and set a webs account up

-Grimm

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DoubleX
      I never thought even I could make some music, but I don't know if mine would be too unpleasant to hear, so it takes me some courage to share them here

DoubleX - Everyone Turning Against You

• By Wyzrd
      For those of you who have been around then you know. For those of you that are new. I am a rapper, and don't come in here with your I hate rap comments. I will ignore them. Most of my music isn't the same as radio stuff because I hate most radio rap myself, so I do music I would listen too. Now it's been about three years since I recorded anything. But this is my debut back in to music.

https://soundcloud.com/wyzrd/done-been-here
    • By Bob423
      Title screen by Kevin.ds
      (you've been replaced shiny :P)

Story

2000 Years ago a huge city covered nearly all of the world. It was a thriving city where everyone was happy. Scientists discovered something that could make life so much easier. Not that it wasn't easy already. The energy gave the people the ability to summon water, or fire out of thin air, control earth, and wind, as well as heal the injured instantly. This power was in limited supply, however. People began to get greedy, and keep this energy to themselves. It was stored in glass containers, and released for a brief moment when used. The greed was slowly weakening the energy, and the people eventually ran out. They blamed each other for this.
      Then one day, the sky turned black. The city began to sink into the ground, taking most of the people with it. Some people made it out alive. The people began to restart their society. For hundreds of years, everything was fine. There wasn't even any trace of the city.
      One day an unlimited supply of that energy was found. The energy, which the people began to call magic, had been passed down; from generation to generation, through the peoples' souls, but lay dormant until then. Children now had the ability to use magic whenever they wanted. As the children aged, they learned to control their magic, and built schools to teach their children. Schools where the student were able to learn about the kind of magic they wanted to study.

The 3 types of magic are: Attack Magic, Healing Magic, and
      Status Magic.

One particular 16 year old boy named *Bob starts his first day at a school in his hometown of Silverwood Village. His best friend, *Joe happens to be in his first class. Over the course of their first year at the school, they meet a girl named *Cathy, who becomes their friend eventually. Finally, at the end of the year, they take the Final Exam together, and pass. Not long after being informed of their achievement, the wooden training dummies, brought to life by magic, get out of control, and attempt to burn the school down. They all make it out alright, and the teachers use water spells to douse the flames. When they reach the village, they find that their entire home town is on fire! They find a way to escape the flames by jumping over a broken part of a fence. While escaping the flames, they get separated, and Bob falls unconscious. Bob wakes up in a house south of Silverwood Village, and meets an old man, who only says to call him Brian, and that he found Bob unconscious, but not the others. He directs Bob toward the village, and hands him a sword and shield as he sets off to find his friends.

after finding his friends, Bob, with the help of his friends, must save the world from an ancient, corrupted power formerly sleeping under the earth's crust.

*Player can name this character

contents
      places
      features
      characters
      screenshots
      videos
      credits
      download

[/anchor]

Places

Features

Characters

Screenshots

here's an album of them http://imgur.com/a/6TGnQ

First 19 minutes of the demo
      [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSO1x_sagtQ[/media]

Credits

Here's a banner made by Kevin.ds

[anchor=download]

UPDATE: Added difficulty levels and made it so the player is forced to chose one of each class.
      this prevents the player from getting stuck on certain parts and forced to restart the game.
      Expert mode is how the game was before i added the difficulty levels.
      Hopefully the game is easier now :D

DOWNLOAD 
      (About 120mb)

If the above link doesn't work, I'm probably fixing something.

Known Bugs
      (That I can't fix, or not without making parts of the game too easy.)

Tips for stuck people:

If something seems weird and isn't explained in game,
      (e.g. Caeli Temple being really high in the air when you're inside, but on a mountain when outside, or the Mana Temple seeming less old, and some rooms being different from the rest of the temple)
      it can usually be explained by saying "It's magic"

sorry if the game is broken. Alternatively, you can watch this:
      http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmZjr8BajltKjHOZWMbmTdl7mpNDzMDyI&feature=mh_lolz

The Hidden City of Arcatis is more of a prequel then an actual beginning...if that makes sense. I've written out what happens in the game as another alternative to playing it. http://pastebin.com/07Ns42cG
    • By BiddyAuthor
      I've been trying for months for RMXP to work on my laptop. I have Windows 7 64-bit and I always come across mixed reactions whenever I search it online. I have heard that RMXP DOES in fact work with 64- bit, so I was wondering if there was something I need to do for it to work. The problem is whenever I try to activate, it does not go through the system and is left saying "connecting to server" for hours on end. (I left it for two days straight one time). So...help?
    • By Ackley14
      Hey all! A new composer has arrived, i can provide music for any one who needs it, i will open a shop once i have made a few more pieces, i will make custom pieces for those who request it. you can refer to me as simply Ackley. i also go by the name DJ Sam for my techno pieces. Im a good friend of Polraudio's, so that is why im here, ill post another topic when my store is up

P.S. please download the sample of my song, Camp for an idea of what i can make
      http://www.mediafire.com/?ll5ppcupnbpmq5s
      P.S.S and finally, please provide cedits if you use this song in your RPG i would greatly appreciate it.