New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.

For those of you who have been around then you know. For those of you that are new. I am a rapper, and don't come in here with your I hate rap comments. I will ignore them. Most of my music isn't the same as radio stuff because I hate most radio rap myself, so I do music I would listen too. Now it's been about three years since I recorded anything. But this is my debut back in to music.

https://soundcloud.com/wyzrd/done-been-here

At least someone else listen to rap, I tried creating a rap thread here once last year. (here) But since no one listens to the Genre here I got a couple retarded post. Also I agree today's music, all of it, is mostly garbage. Thats why my ipod is mostly late 80s, 90s, and early 2000 rap. The only rappers I listen today are mostly been in the game for a while. I wouldn't expect anyone here to listen to rap though beside us too, I'll take a look tomorrow though at what you got.

Rap really isn't my thing, but it's cool that you're doing what you love. Keep up the good work, and don't let people get you down.

I'm curious, did you play the guitar or was it prerecorded?

My critique would be that you need to really enunciate your lyrics. I could understand everything you said, but you need to be a bit more agressive in your approach, even for a chill song. It's all about engaging with your audience. Otherwise, glad to see someone doing something they enjoy. That's really all it comes down to.

At least someone else listen to rap, I tried creating a rap thread here once last year. (here) But since no one listens to the Genre here I got a couple retarded post. Also I agree today's music, all of it, is mostly garbage. Thats why my ipod is mostly late 80s, 90s, and early 2000 rap. The only rappers I listen today are mostly been in the game for a while. I wouldn't expect anyone here to listen to rap though beside us too, I'll take a look tomorrow though at what you got.

Yea, It's mostly a hated genre. But I blame the radio for a lot of that hate. Also, I never seen that thread you posted. I never did listen to what you was talking about. Though I will say Kanye is horrible on other people's songs for the most part. He does good on his own solo albums sometimes....Jay-Z. He been in the game so long it really don't matter, he could do anything and it counts haha. I do like Jay-z but I will def say he is not in his prime no more.

Look forward to what you got to say about my song.

I rarely like rap but this one is just great.

Thanks albert!

Rap really isn't my thing, but it's cool that you're doing what you love. Keep up the good work, and don't let people get you down.

I'm curious, did you play the guitar or was it prerecorded?

Thanks Dolar, and no I would never let anyone get me down.

And the guitar was prerecorded onto the beat when I got it. I tried to learn how to play guitar from a friend one time but I don't have the patience.

My critique would be that you need to really enunciate your lyrics. I could understand everything you said, but you need to be a bit more agressive in your approach, even for a chill song. It's all about engaging with your audience. Otherwise, glad to see someone doing something they enjoy. That's really all it comes down to.

Thanks Chief. It's been three years since I recorded anything so I'm still gettin' back into the swing of things. And I do agree with you said but it really was just a chill laid back song, Now the next song I plan on doing, you will see that aggression you want :p.

I would also prefer less/no cussing. It's really more of a personal thing, but I get turned off really quickly from a rap song when it has cussing in it, which is most. Almost every rapper feels they need to swear in their music, which is fine, but everyone swears like a highschool freshman in rap. Use your words tastefully. Flinging around cuss words, simply because "That's what is done in rap" is bad. I'd love to see some inspirational lyrics, with little to no cussing, and if you cuss, use it tastefully.

I generally don't like rap. I like some, but you've gotta really impress me.

I understand where you're coming from on that aspect too. Sometimes I cuss a lot, sometimes I don't, it depends on the song really. As you can see in Done Been Here, depending what you consider cuss words, I only recall twice that I cussed. You might be out of luck on the the inspirational part for the next song I was thinking of recording, it's more of a cocky show off my lyricism. And even on it so far what I have written I haven't cussed in. Here a lil sample of it.....

Gotta keep goin' no time for intermission,
As a lyricist these words are my ambition,
Syllables can be considered my ammunition,
Backin' down I can't do it not in my description,