New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Gab221

Instruments anyone?

Hello everyone!

I have recently picked up a guitar (bought one) and started learning. I really enjoy learning to play musical instruments. I have learned to play the keyboard for a year, drums also for a year and now guitar I guess. I am self learning guitar though.

Anyway, my question to everyone is; do any of you play or are planning to learn to play any musical instruments? If so what instrument?

ninja.gif

I've played the keyboard for about 4 years now, and I'm self-taught so the learning process is slower than some but better paced for me. It's really fun. My inspirations are Nightwish, Alestorm and Children of Bodom \m/ I can also play some Within Temptation and a few Zelda songs.

I'm a grade 8 Pianist, Flautist, Harpsichordist and Organist. I'm lousy when it comes to non-western classical though.

I've played the keyboard for about 4 years now, and I'm self-taught so the learning process is slower than some but better paced for me. It's really fun. My inspirations are Nightwish, Alestorm and Children of Bodom \m/ I can also play some Within Temptation and a few Zelda songs.

That's awesome. I have always wanted to get myself an electric piano. I could say that I have been playing keyboard for 13 years but I haven't played for about 2 years now. I never took the time to fully learn reading sheet music, I think is probably why I kind of got bored of the keyboard. I would still love to play it. Do you learn from sheet music?

I'm a grade 8 Pianist, Flautist, Harpsichordist and Organist. I'm lousy when it comes to non-western classical though.

That is cool :D. Do you find the time to play a lot?

I play Flute, Alto Saxophone, Oboe, and Guitar.... I like music a little too much >.<

I don't think it is possible to like music too much haha. Did you learn from an instructor?

Just the Flute and used to take Guitar lessons, I'm a self learner now, and Oboe and Sax wern't that hard to pick up because of Treble clef. Though I don't know jack about composing and writing music in for any other key other than concert b-flat.

That's cool, I wouldn't be able to compose anything haha. Did you learn classical guitar? I am just starting, I have a friend who helps me out sometimes but I am just pretty much learning from guitar tabs.

That's cool. I really like classical. I am just taking it easy right now and learning songs which are pretty simple to play.

I'm a 9 year trombone player. One of the harder instruments because you have to get the slide and your mouth in agreement otherwise you're playing the wrong note. Although I haven't played in 2+ years, I've kept the music knowledge by writing music. I've done so now for 6 years, and only one of my pieces has been performed live. It wasn't published, but at least my high school band has something I wrote, almost a memorandum that I was there.

Off-topic, sorry, but just wanted to let you know I have a game contest I posted last week in the contest forum. I won't reiterate it here, but I think it presents a new challenge towards game-making.

I play the piano and I once took violin lessons, I didn't keep up with it though and I didn't get very good, I can also play a mean hot cross buns on the recorder.

Out of the instruments I can play, harpsichord is hard because you aren't supposed to use your thumbs is proper fingering and the organ is the hardest as you need to learn how to use stops and use the foot pedal manual xD

That's awesome. I have always wanted to get myself an electric piano. I could say that I have been playing keyboard for 13 years but I haven't played for about 2 years now. I never took the time to fully learn reading sheet music, I think is probably why I kind of got bored of the keyboard. I would still love to play it. Do you learn from sheet music?

Barely lol. I taught myself how to read just in case I ever wanted to learn an old score or something, but most of the time I just follow along using GuitarPro or TuxGuitar. Reading sheet is kind of like learning a second language. The bands I mentioned before have really beautiful-sounding keyboards (especially Nightwish) and are just really fun to play. I don't write compositions or anything, all I do is play covers, and knowing that eventually I'll be able to play along to Mask of Sanity or Gethsemane is what keeps me going. I'm not really a musician in that right, I just wanted to learn an instrument and the keyboard sounded fun..well, that and everyone else in my area all played guitar.