New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Ramenuzumaki

Event Help

Question

Ohai!

I'm RAMEN! RAWR!

Ok in all seriousness. In my Project I've got this tutorial battle type dealy right? Anyway, I'm using an ATB battle system because they are my all time favourite. Turn based and burn in the firey pits of Utgard for all eternity and then a day.

My problem is this: I am almost possitive because of hte ATB the entire battle takes place on turn 0. I'm trying to set up a battle event where it explains everything and FORCES you to choose specific actions. EX: Tell you to use attack, but if you choose defend it wont work. Itll only work on attack.I

havent been able to figure this out, so my way around it was to force you character to do everything automatically. That was tough. Even then Attack isnt done automatically. Sucks eh? You select attack then the rest is auto. Its confused my testers. Even then ive had someone say itll let him Defend before the defend dialogue comes up! I even put waits to let the ATB fill up, but it still isnt working how I want it to work. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Upon request I can supply screenshots or my project file whichever would be easier.

Thanks in Advance:

Ramen Toshio Uzumaki.

9 answers to this question

As far as I know the ATB's use events as the actual battle in a way. Like I make an event enemy and so therefore they are my opponent right? Anyway what your asking isn't that hard just time consuming. So shall we get started?

1. Here you will need to start of your tutorial I'm guessing with some text blah..blah you probably already have this part.

2. Here is where the homework on your end comes in. First find out which buttons (Rpg maker not keyboard) does what. Then you will set conditional branches for the rest. For example if attack was the A Rpg maker button I would set one to if Button Being pressed is A then you can do whatever it is you want it to. Then for the else case you can put something like that is not the right course of action.

3. Now you will need some kind of safe zone what if the person doesn't do what they are told but the event dies from 2 many "wrong buttons" My answer to this is variables. You can spin it however you want make it =4 or w/e then the tutorial is finished if it doesn't have it reset.

Lemme know how that works.

hmm i think you are referring to a battle system like Zelda right? Where theres mobs running around and you spam button to do attacks etc? to me thats RTB - Real Time Battle whereas ATB is Active Time Battle. Instead of a turn based system each player has a bar that fills and once that bar is full you can make an action. Games that use this system are Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X-2 [i believe], and i believe XIII uses it as well.

At least thats what I got from your post ^^;

My battle system is the latter. You have three bars: HP, MP, ATB. Once ATB bar is full you can make an action.

EDIT:

Here is a screenshot of my current battle system. I have another battle system I would like to use b ut atm I'm not using it. Both of which are ATB though.

Screenshotlawl.jpg

Edited by Ramenuzumaki

Off the top of my head I cant think of anything that would work. Plus I don't know how a script like that works. So with this my opinion is you will have to have a script edit, I however will keep this on my mind you never know when a break through might happen. It also might help if I can see the script itself if just to help me understand it.

OK currently compressing right now then going to upload it to sent to Kellessdee to help me with my menu script. if you want i could send it to you and you could see the script/troop event first hand?

I havent seen this script before, but I've been looking for something almost exactly like what you have going on. Where'd u download it?

OK currently compressing right now then going to upload it to sent to Kellessdee to help me with my menu script. if you want i could send it to you and you could see the script/troop event first hand?

That works.