New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
QuesTMajoR

FLASHLIGHT OR SPOTLIGHT SYSTEM (QuesTMajoR Remade)

INTRO: This Tutorial allows you to make a Flashlight or Spotlight that Follows the Player Even on small maps and on the Corner of the screen.

LIKE THIS:

With Spotlight

FIRST YOU MUST HAVE THIS GRAPHIC:

Import it on Graphic/Pictures Folder.

Dark

Step 1: First you must make a command to initialize this things so: Go to Database/Common Events then make 3 Common Events that is all Triggered to Parallel Process.

Step 2: On the First Common Event and name it: ''Actor Screen Direction", Assign any Condition Switch there that you will need to activate the Spotlight. Then make a "Control Variables Command" Set it to Character/Player/Screen X. And Another Variable. Set it again to Character/Player/Screen Y. Leave that Common Event and make another Common Event.

NOW YOU MUST HAVE LIKE THESE:

post-22158-0-64921200-1334982718_thumb.png

Step3: On the Second Common Event, Name it "Spotlight Initialize" Then Trigger to Parallel Process and Condition Switch to the Switch that you assigned on Step2.

-->Now Make a command there "Control Switches" then assing to any Switches but do not assign that on the switch that you have on Step2, Make it "ON". Then After that Make another Command "Show Picture", this is the picture that you've Imported Earlier in the Graphic/Pictures Folder.

-->Show that Picture using "Show Picture" Command then Set it's ++Origin to: Center++ : ++Display Position to the Variable of the Player that youve made Earlier on Step2. The X must be set to the Variable of the Player's Screen X ; and the Y must be set to the Variable of the Player's Screen Y.

THEN set it's ZOOM to BOTH 98. APPLY and OK then Move to Step 4.

NOW YOU MUST HAVE LIKE THESE:

post-22158-0-30226800-1334983366_thumb.png

Step4: Now Make Another Common Event named: Follow Player, Set it's trigger to Parallel then Condition Switch to the Switch that you assigned on the "Control Switch" Command on Step3. (IF YOU DONT REMEMBER, LOOK AT THE BLUE TEXT SENTENCE ON STEP 3).

---->After That Make 4 Conditional Branches that is all Conditioned to "The >Left, Down, Up, Right< Button is being pressed"

LIKE THIS ONE:

post-22158-0-62986900-1334983719_thumb.png

Then Each Conditional Branch must have "Move Picture" Command. Make a "Move Picture" then Set it to -->Time: 1 Frame ; The Origin : Center ; Display Position : The Variable of Player's X and Y Position on the Screen, like you did on Step 3 (IF YOU FORGOT, LOOK AT THE PURPLE TEXT SENTENCE ON STEP3) Then Set it's ZOOM to BOTH 98. Press Apply and OK.

-----> AFTER THAT YOU WILL COPY THAT MOVE PICTUTE THEN PASTE IT ON EACH CONDITIONAL BRANCHES<-----

LIKE THIS ONE:

post-22158-0-98449700-1334984282_thumb.png

THEN AT LAST! YOU MUST MAKE A SWITCH ANYWHERE TO ACTIVATE THE FLASHLIGHT!

-----> Anywhere on Map, make an Event then make a Command: "CONTROL SWITCH" then Select the Switch that you assigned on Step 2, make it ON, Apply/OK then Test your Game.

TRIGGER THAT EVENT THAT YOU DID AT THE TOP THEN THAT MUST LOOK LIKE THIS:

post-22158-0-20299500-1334984596_thumb.png

Thank you, Thank you my dear Phillipino amigo! This is so kind of you to help me make a survival horror game. This is a key script to make one, of course.

By the way, I think I should add you as a friend.

Thank you, Thank you my dear Phillipino amigo! This is so kind of you to help me make a survival horror game. This is a key script to make one, of course.

By the way, I think I should add you as a friend.

:D Don't Mention it! Just Sharing... :D

Yes, I'm necro-posting. Sorry.

However, I'm having difficulties with this. I set everything up, but the spot light is not initializing in the correct spot. It's appearing in the lower left hand side of the screen. Any assistance?