New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bigace360

Robot Prostitutes: The Future of Sex Tourism

Source: http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-heart-beat-blog-post?post=6e943d73-38f1-4f9a-8fea-aa07085b3d4c&ocid=todlf11

MSN News: by Kristin Wong

Well I saw this one yesterday along with the cat article, and just thought and humanity takes another leap backwords. Like What the fuck is this shit, a robotic prostitute, I guess are sociality can find anything better to invent. Luckly this is the only one so far, but Amsterdam might be planing having a red light district in 2050 with these things. Well more stupid ideals for the twisted mind, anyways read the article and post your thoughts here.

Lol yay a NZ mention

Victoria Management School, Victoria University of Wellington, PO Box 600, Wellington 6035, New Zealand

This says a lot about NZ. Why is our government putting money into THIS for research? It's just not necessary.

I'm not going to read it, lets hope there's more valuable content in it than a prediction on the sex industry.

Luckly this is the only one so far, but Amsterdam might be planing having a red light district in 2050 with these things

Is that what they're planning? I don't think it will really take off aside from its own niche of people (they actually have something like this in japan). I don't know what its like to be with a prostitute.. but I don't think you can replace sex with a human, and i dont think it could become so popular to ever take over human prostitution.

Technically for males... y'know, its friction, there's not a whole lot of science in it. All they're doing is making them look realistic and move, talk, etc? Its pointless. People are still going to know they are robots.

They predicted walking humanoid robots as our servants by this time back in the 80's (or 90's). That was bullshit, and similarly I'm calling bullshit on this.

Lol yay a NZ mention

This says a lot about NZ. Why is our government putting money into THIS for research? It's just not necessary.

I'm not going to read it, lets hope there's more valuable content in it than a prediction on the sex industry.

Because all government system love to waste their tax money on useless shit instead of essentials.

Is that what they're planning? I don't think it will really take off aside from its own niche of people (they actually have something like this in japan). I don't know what its like to be with a prostitute.. but I don't think you can replace sex with a human, and i dont think it could become so popular to ever take over human prostitution.

Technically for males... y'know, its friction, there's not a whole lot of science in it. All they're doing is making them look realistic and move, talk, etc? Its pointless. People are still going to know they are robots.

They predicted walking humanoid robots as our servants by this time back in the 80's (or 90's). That was bullshit, and similarly I'm calling bullshit on this.

Well Japan know to have tenticle rape and all other forms of sexual endorment, so it's no suprise to me that they would build some.

The only way the could replace it if she was an artiffical human (android), that can move, feel, and reproduce like a normal human, but was made by science and not by the human reproductive system. Well they also predicted flying cars, but then again, people are to much into the stupid terrorist and war of mass destruct bullsit that we have no money to build stuff like this. I rather have my tax money go into something more productive like a space program, fixing these shitty roads and schools, keeping sports open, but not search for non-exesiting stuff in other countries that have nothing to do with me.

I don't know if you are aware, but governments are run like a business to the extent that they actually invest money into things, like inventions, products, research etc. in the hopes to get a return much like a normal investment. The money that went towards this was not taken from the education, or roads, as those are completely separate departments with their own budgets. As far as flying cars go, a government will likely never be responsible for that invention as an automotive corporation is likely to be credited for that invention, as well as fund it entirely themselves to keep the rights.

Keeping sports open? I haven't heard of any civilized place that is loosing sports before arts and music, they need more funding long before sports does.

This is the way I look at it. The world is not filled with the same type of people, no matter what way you look at it, we will never all agree. I admit I am not the type of person to use a sex doll of any kind, robotic or otherwise made. But on the same note, I see the value in it. I like to think that the only people who would use the doll and never end up procreating are the exact kind of people we don't want to procreate in this world anyway. I would also have to assume it would cut down drastically on rape, and other sexually violent related crimes. In any case I think everyone can admit this product will sell like hot cakes, as the synthetic sex dolls do now. So which ever entity invents sex robots stands to profit immensely from this. What does that money turn into if the government invents it? Schools, roads, space programs etc. I don't agree with the product, but from an investment stand point, it's genius, they stand to make tons of cash if it all pans out.

Sure we could find something better to invent as a society, but why does that fall on the governments shoulders? Their job is to keep things running, it's our job to improve it. I strongly suggest you watch a movie called 'Idiocracy' it's made by Mike Judge, the guy from Beavis and Butthead, Office space, Airheads etc. The premise of the movie is; 'how will the world progress at it's current rate'. It is by far my all time favorite movie, and I reference it almost daily, and can constantly cite examples as they would relate to today and how we act. If there were sex dolls in that reality, we may have done a little better for a little longer. Anyhow watch that movie and near the beginning when it's doing a montage into the future, think about the sports guy that fathers umpteen children, would it have been as many if there were robotic sex dolls?

I choose to believe we will have a future much like that one(in Idiocracy), and with robotic sex dolls to appease the idiots, the intellectuals can get to work on the real inventions.

I guess I can agree with everything you've said, as this isn't really government funded (that would be bad). I guess they can fund from it in the future. I think I've read about that movie, was that the movie with a wrestler as a president in the future and everyone is more dummer then they were today.

Keeping sports open? I haven't heard of any civilized place that is loosing sports before arts and music, they need more funding long before sports does.

Welcome to Virginia the land of the greedy, where shitty houses are priced at 450,000+, and a huge house that might only cost like 750,000 in Texas will cost like 2.5mil over here for no reason. They also tried to cancel track and field, and 2 other sports. We're supposed to be in one of the riches states in U.S. yet were to cheap to build and tracks in Fairfax county without traveling far from the school for a normal track meet. There's probably other counties like around the U.S., but if this is one of the riches why don't we have one. Why does West springfield still look like garabage since my Aunt went there in 1989. I was suprised when they fix are school Lake Braddock in 2006.

The money that went towards this was not taken from the education, or roads, as those are completely separate departments with their own budgets.

Yeah but its money spent on research that could be spent in other areas. A university in the middle of NZ researching what the future sex industry will be like in Amsterdam? Since my taxes payed for it, I don't care about Amsterdam or any academics predictions for when I'll be 60. It is money that could be spent elsewhere such as the sciences. There was a story recently in NZ about the governments lack of funding in the sciences.

This type of research doesn't fuel any kind of innovation and I dont see how its beneficial to society, except for another story on news websites that has 'sex' in the title, guaranteeing a few extra hits.

The only way the could replace it if she was an artificial human (android), that can move, feel, and reproduce like a normal human, but was made by science and not by the human reproductive system.

There are issues with how much it would cost to make one of these. There would need to be some sort of security around the robot and client which means human interactions of some kind with the person seeking prostitution, and a lot of them want to do it anonymously.

I decided not to bother to argue what technology will be around in 2050.

Yeah that's the movie.

Off topic

Organized sports teaches nothing to anyone that other stuff can't. I am being biased, but I would never shed a tear over a lost school sports program. Want to learn team work, play an online video game. Good sportsmanship and competition, play chess. Fresh air and exercise, yard work should cover that, live in an apartment, go to the park with a $1 Frisbee.

With the amount professional sports secretly advocates performance enhancing drugs, combined with the bizarre 'change room antics' that happen in high school, amateur and even professional teams, I don't see what sports brings to the table as far as society is concerned. Are we barbarians? Who is stronger, faster, can jump further/higher is irrelevant nowadays. We already have a man who invented cyborgs, has a chip in his arm and is part computer. The fastest man on the planet has mechanical legs.

I don't understand how your taxes paid for a university research program. Is the university in question a public organization like a public school? Because most universities are not run by the government. I mean sure they qualify for tax breaks, and grants etc. But let's be clear, the government does not build universities, unless it is clearly a public university which are generally not research institutes.

Which brings me to my next point. A university is a vague term, and can define a research institute or an educational center. On top of that, I read the article and researched into it further, it was developed by a company called true companion. I have no idea where anyone got the idea an educational institute was developing this, but they are not. It's just one man with the knowledge and the free will to do so. All the more power to him.

Also the reason it is directed at Amsterdam is because they have issues with sexual exploitation and this product could help with that. On top of that the robot would cut back on sexual trafficking, and sexually transmitted disease. I don't see whats wrong with a research department in one country trying to solve a problem for another. We live on one planet, the lines we divide ourselves with are fake and temporary. Wouldn't it be nice to think the rest of the world is a safe as say New Zealand or Canada is, and if intellectual people from there can help achieve that, why not? Do you suggest New Zealand researchers only look into stuff that directly effects New Zealand? Because as an educated person that sounds silly to me. That also sounds like a breach of free will.

I don't like this idea. This is wasting money. The plan is to counter sex trafficking. Why not regulate prostitution instead of spending money to make toys? Prostitution will never go away. Just regulate it to prevent diseases, pimps, and rape.

I don't understand how your taxes paid for a university research program. Is the university in question a public organization like a public school? Because most universities are not run by the government. I mean sure they qualify for tax breaks, and grants etc. But let's be clear, the government does not build universities, unless it is clearly a public university which are generally not research institutes.

Universities in New Zealand are a part of government, its a public body. Our fees are also subsidized by the government, and the rest that isnt subsidized we can loan from the government interest-free. So yeah, very much so our taxes.

Its not just tax breaks, its funded by the government.

The plan is to counter sex trafficking. Why not regulate prostitution instead of spending money to make toys?

Sex trafficking is when people are captured and sold into sex slavery. it is not the same as prostitution and is MUCH worse.

Universities in New Zealand are a part of government, its a public body. Our fees are also subsidized by the government, and the rest that isnt subsidized we can loan from the government interest-free. So yeah, very much so our taxes.

Its not just tax breaks, its funded by the government.

This may all be true, but I still don't see anywhere that the robot was developed by a university. Also, the article in question actually cites someone refrencing Australia and not New Zealand.

I read the article and researched the topic, did anyone else?

Sex trafficking is when people are captured and sold into sex slavery. it is not the same as prostitution and is MUCH worse.

You're missing the point. I agree Sex Trafficking is awful. This "plan" is a joke. The best way is to regulate prostitution. That will combat against sex trafficking. Also it will be easier to know who is a legal hooker.

No, you are missing the point. People kidnap young children, foreign visiting women, and other unsuspecting victims, drug them up, and sell them as permanent human slaves used for sex and murder. That is not prostitution. The reason people are able to do this, is because there is a market for it, in other words, people are buying so people are selling. If there were dolls that were more life like, say like a robot, maybe these crazy and sick individuals will buy these dolls for a fraction of the price as a human slave. That is what I am talking about.

EDIT: I am more then for the legalization and organization of prostitution and brothels, however that is not what I am talking about.

Can we get this moved to mature debate and discussion please?

Edited by Jon Bon

I was thinking the samething after I posted the topic, but just said fuck it afterwards. I guess when a mod see this he can move it to mature, since the matter we're talking isn't a normal conversation.

Defuq? Robot Chickz will having Sex with you? Wait a Minute this is Impossible, Im sure many people will disagree with this, specially females... o.O, Contraceptives is the most effective way to avoid disieses... Not A Robot...

No, you are missing the point. People kidnap young children, foreign visiting women, and other unsuspecting victims, drug them up, and sell them as permanent human slaves used for sex and murder. That is not prostitution. The reason people are able to do this, is because there is a market for it, in other words, people are buying so people are selling. If there were dolls that were more life like, say like a robot, maybe these crazy and sick individuals will buy these dolls for a fraction of the price as a human slave. That is what I am talking about.

EDIT: I am more then for the legalization and organization of prostitution and brothels, however that is not what I am talking about.

I'm not understanding you. Sex trafficking is an illegal form of prostitution. People are being forced to sell their bodies.

Dolls won't change a thing. Dolls are not real people.

I'm not understanding you. Sex trafficking is an illegal form of prostitution. People are being forced to sell their bodies.

Websters Merriam dictionary clearly defines prostitution as;

"the act or practice of engaging in promiscuous sexual relations especially for money"

Promiscuous:

"not restricted to one sexual partner"

People are not forced to sell their bodies. Their bodies are sold for them. It is not the same as prostitution, it is the same as slavery. Sex trafficking is a form of human trafficking, not prostitution.

Prostitution= Sex worker gets money, works multiple jobs.

Sex Trafficking= Slave is sold permanently as a possession to someone, looses all their rights and is never paid.

Dolls would change something, because dolls can be programmed, sick and twisted individuals will be able to use dolls that simulate life. They could then legally perform whatever heinous acts they want for a fraction of the price, because the robots are aiming to retail for $7000, much cheaper then a human slave. Agreed not every crazy sadistic psycho is going to use a robot versus a human, but it would definitely help cut down the number.

There's many murdering rapist that like to hear there victims screen while they rape them before killing them. It's a certain thrill they get by doing this. Creating a doll wouldn't stop this as the rapist would most like want human flesh opposed to some shitty doll. That is just one of the many sadistic things that wouldn't be replaced. Same thing wil sex-trafficing not every slave owner would probably want a doll opposed to smooth flesh of a human and unless the doll could sound 100% like a human-android and not some robot computer, most of them aren't going to get what they want and would probably move back to human sex-slaves as they weren't satisified enough. While what your saying may work for most sadistic minds, most of them might go back to they're normal human slaves if they don't get the 100% satisifaction they were getting before. One thing or another unless this doll is like android 18 from DBZ without the reproductive organ where she was still human with robot parts, the business won't last long. Rapist will be Rapist.

Websters Merriam dictionary clearly defines prostitution as;

"the act or practice of engaging in promiscuous sexual relations especially for money"

Promiscuous:

"not restricted to one sexual partner"

People are not forced to sell their bodies. Their bodies are sold for them. It is not the same as prostitution, it is the same as slavery. Sex trafficking is a form of human trafficking, not prostitution.

Prostitution= Sex worker gets money, works multiple jobs.

Sex Trafficking= Slave is sold permanently as a possession to someone, looses all their rights and is never paid.

Dolls would change something, because dolls can be programmed, sick and twisted individuals will be able to use dolls that simulate life. They could then legally perform whatever heinous acts they want for a fraction of the price, because the robots are aiming to retail for $7000, much cheaper then a human slave. Agreed not every crazy sadistic psycho is going to use a robot versus a human, but it would definitely help cut down the number.

This isn't black and white. Sex trafficking is not all about selling a person's body. Some of the "slave owners" pimp these girls to make money. Being a prostitute doesn't mean that you are the one making money. In some causes the pimps take all of the money. There are some psychos would don't pimp the women. They only rape these women. Rape is about control and power. A doll doesn't give someone control nor power. It is lifeless thus unsatisfying to control a person.

There is a girl at my school who was as sex slave and forced to prostitute her body. Not all forms of prostitution are willing. She was able to escape and tell her story. She was forced to prostitute in New York City.

This isn't black and white. Sex trafficking is not all about selling a person's body. Some of the "slave owners" pimp these girls to make money. Being a prostitute doesn't mean that you are the one making money. In some causes the pimps take all of the money. There are some psychos would don't pimp the women. They only rape these women. Rape is about control and power. A doll doesn't give someone control nor power. It is lifeless thus unsatisfying to control a person.

There is a girl at my school who was as sex slave and forced to prostitute her body. Not all forms of prostitution are willing. She was able to escape and tell her story. She was forced to prostitute in New York City.

Agreed, a person who is trafficked CAN become a prostitute but it's not automatic, in other words not all trafficked humans for sex become prostitutes.

Being forced to be a prostitute is not human trafficking, it's forced prostitution, it's only trafficking if the person is sold permanently at any point. You can be a victim of both however. A person who is captured and forced to be a prostitute is not a victim of human trafficking until they are sold permanently to one person, if that person then pimps them out, then yes they are then a prostitute, but only if they have sex with multiple partners, if they have sex with the same person unwillingly they are just a sex slave and not a prostitute. The definitions of these words ARE black and white, they define certain circumstances which can clearly by outlined and given a title based on the words original creation and intent, as is the purpose of words and terms. But of course they are equally non mutually exclusive as they are not conjoined terms.

Trafficking(trade)=permanent acquisition of a commodity (object/person)

Prostitution(service)= a repeat service provided to multiple people

The robots are far from lifeless (as you would know if you read the article), they currently react to touch and speak based on spoken commands and someone at the expo was quoted to say "it has life like skin". It is also a prototype that is expected to hit consumers by 2050. I am pretty sure in the next 38 years it will be FAR more realistic then it is now. And when I talk hypothetically about it's release I am of course referring to their expected release date. But just so we are clear, this is not a static doll, it is a fully interactive robot that's purpose is to emulate life to the utmost capabilities of current science and technology. There is no reason why they can't scream, struggle, or even bleed, as blood curdling as it is to imagine.

Sex trafficking is part of human trafficking, which has other sub categories too, like organ harvesting, slave labor, etc.

Again, yes a victim of human trafficking can become a prostitute but its not automatic, the two words are exclusive in their definitions but can pertain to the same person. Any further and we are talking in circles, I am done discussing this as I clearly understand the definitions of these words and their pertinence to different circumstances, the difference in the terms may be subtle but it's there. I am stating nothing other then the clear definitions of these two different words/terms, as stated by the world wide recognized authority on English language and it's definitions. If you choose to believe these words have different definitions then they truly do, then there is nothing I can do to change that.

I can't think of what movie it is that comes to mind, i saw it with my ex girlfriend a couple years ago in theaters but it seems to slip my mind. Anyways I don't see "pimps" or whoever owns the sex slave buying those animated nasty creations. No perverted-ness intended, but people would probably prefer the real thing. I don't see how a doll could slim down the number of prostitutes or sex slaves. I feel like it would just be another..option people would try.

I don't see how a doll could slim down the number of prostitutes or sex slaves. I feel like it would just be another..option people would try.

By 'doll' you mean animatronic robot right? Because it moves, and speaks, and has very basic reasoning in it's early prototype phase. Theorize if they were so realistic you couldn't tell the difference, why wouldn't it be a permanent alternative to human trafficking? How are realistic robots in 38 years (companies estimated public release date) hard to fathom? Even if it cut down on violent crimes by a fraction of a percent, that's enough to justify it's creation for me. which is all I am doing.