New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bob423

Some quotes. what do you think?

give me your honest opinion on what you think of these. many of them are by me (2 aren't). if you recognize one at all, its a coincidence.

1. "If everyone was a comedian, the world would probably be a better place."

2. "An honest politician may be an oxymoron, but it's possible. be smart people."

3. "don't do anything out of disrespect."

4. "the people that love you should be greater in number than those who hate you, but you cant please everyone."

5. "If it doesn't effect me, why should I care?"

6. "Everyone is different. Why aren't you?"

7. "Hipsters are too mainstream."

8. "Every generation is worried about the next."

9. "There are more retarded people with IQ's of over 100, than those with IQ's lower than 69."

10. "Nerds should rule the world."

11. "Why are atheists offended by everything? It's not even a religion. It's a lack of one."

12. "Ignore the troll. Keep calm and flag as spam."

13. "Be smart. Please."

14. "Laziness is not an excuse for ignorance. The information is there, you just have to pay attention."

15. "The only stupid questions are the one's that have already been answered"

not by me:

1. "Do what I say, not what I do." -Troy Halfaday

2. "WHEEEEEEEW!" -Toby Turner

Edited by Bob423

My favorite one would have to be.

14. "Laziness is not an excuse for ignorance. The information is there, you just have to pay attention."

Remindes me of many people from my area.

why didnt the site make me auto follow this thread?

anywho. thanks. i thought of it because people on youtube, and forums (all over the internet, really) ask repeatedly asked and answered questions. even when the answer is in the first post, the description, or the video. so annoying >.<

1. "If everyone was a comedian, the world would probably be a better place." - I'd need to know how you think that would be before i could give a proper answer. In a world full of comedians, it just seems like nobody would take anything seriously.....kinda like we all ready dont, huh? lol

3. "don't do anything out of disrespect." - Very wise!

4. "the people that love you should be greater in number than those who hate you, but you cant please everyone." - A quandry, that one. (sigh) But true.......although, im not sure why you should have more people that love you than hate you. I mean, that would be great, but often that is just not the way it is. Your lucky if you have just one, and even luckier if you have one that loves you no matter what.

5. "If it doesn't effect me, why should I care?" - I am compleatly polar opposite in the case of this statement. While you cant save the world, you can certainly be a sholder for someone to lean on.

6. "Everyone is different. Why aren't you?" - ohhhhhhhhhh.....Dude, i am very differnt. O.O ....like, you have know idea.

7. "Hipsters are too mainstream." - Huh? O.o

8. "Every generation is worried about the next." - unfortunatly, i Disagree. Look at the nice, great big national dept that we get to inhairit. Cheers....

9. "There are more retarded people with IQ's of over 100, than those with IQ's lower than 69." - I KNOW, right?

10. "Nerds should rule the world." - Huh? .....they dont already?

11. "Why are atheists offended by everything? It's not even a religion. It's a lack of one." - To me, if God did not exist, i dont know why it should bother them so bad if the ten commandments are displayed in a court house...

12. "Ignore the troll. Keep calm and flag as spam." LOL!

14. "Laziness is not an excuse for ignorance. The information is there, you just have to pay attention." - Ouch....

not by me:

1. "Do what I say, not what I do." -Troy Halfaday - yeah....thats my sister, right there.

1. "If everyone was a comedian, the world would probably be a better place." - I'd need to know how you think that would be before i could give a proper answer. In a world full of comedians, it just seems like nobody would take anything seriously.....kinda like we all ready dont, huh? lol

Well what i meant was, a lot of people are too easily offended, and a lot of (or some) comedians tell jokes that could offend people. if everyone had a great sense of humor, the world would be a little bit nicer of a place.

4. "the people that love you should be greater in number than those who hate you, but you cant please everyone." - A quandry, that one. (sigh) But true.......although, im not sure why you should have more people that love you than hate you. I mean, that would be great, but often that is just not the way it is. Your lucky if you have just one, and even luckier if you have one that loves you no matter what.

what i meant by THAT was...

ok i thought about it, and you're right. it's not that great.

but i thought of all these in one night so...yea lol

5. "If it doesn't effect me, why should I care?" - I am compleatly polar opposite in the case of this statement. While you cant save the world, you can certainly be a sholder for someone to lean on.

that one is meant to have to do with laws and whether or not certain people can do certain things. really it's more like. "it doesnt effect me. go ahead."

but it came to me when i was thinking about how the US is being retarded with gay marriage. i mean, why do so many of us straight people even care? (or are you secretly gay? lol jk)

however, if someone is having trouble with something, or IN trouble(NOT like, they did something wrong and deserve what they're getting.), you SHOULD care, even if it doesnt effect you directly, because, emotionally, it will probably effect you if you were the only one that could've done something, and didn't

6. "Everyone is different. Why aren't you?" - ohhhhhhhhhh.....Dude, i am very differnt. O.O ....like, you have know idea.

yet another encrypted one. if you're trying to be different, chances are you're following a crowd of people who are doing the same, and by that logic, are not different. (this is mainly for teens) if you want to be different, be yourself, because everyone is already different.

7. "Hipsters are too mainstream." - Huh? O.o

no, really, they are.

8. "Every generation is worried about the next." - unfortunatly, i Disagree. Look at the nice, great big national dept that we get to inhairit. Cheers....

by generation, i mean literally, todays little kids don't know what a charizard is, and todays adult and older kids don't know what (insert something i've never heard of) is.

AND the last generation or something, was hippies and stuff right? their parents were worried they would never do well. now look at this generation. gangs, emo kids, really frickin loud music, kids sitting in front of the computer all day, doing nothing(me lol).

chances are, a lot of us will turn out all right. (gangs on the other hand are hard to get out of and still have a good life afterwards)

10. "Nerds should rule the world." - Huh? .....they dont already?

shuddup i was tired lol

also, what i meant was, politicians are all idiots. nerds tend to smart.

i vote tech nerds for president (yes, all of them)

but not creepy basement nerds. get them out of here.

1. "Do what I say, not what I do." -Troy Halfaday - yeah....thats my sister, right there.

and an old teacher of mine. he always said that.

probably still does.

so, like i said. i thought of these all in one night, and just wanted to share them and stuff.

I believe a worthy quote should be one that comes from an accomplished person and is relative to their life but at the same time is wise enough to be relative to everyone's life. Of course anyone can spout wisdom but to practice and to preach it is what (to me) makes a quote worth passing around to others. In all fairness your quote from your teacher is quote from him, but he is using a known saying and did not invent that.

Your quotes however I assume are from you and original. I disagree with pretty much every one on many levels, and think you should not use them. But two of them are actually pretty good. Your quotes shouldn't be cryptic at all, they should be direct, a few of them could be reworded to get your point across much better. Like number 6 should be "Why be different, just be you." But then it wouldn't be a quote hehe.

Anyhow I really like "Laziness is not an excuse for ignorance." and I think you should cut it off there as that is as cryptic as it needs to be, the rest is implied. Your best quote is "There are more retarded people with IQ's of over 100, than those with IQ's lower than 69." That's worthy of people actually repeating. That should be the new politically correct thing to say to people who use retarded in every day settings. The rest of your quotes are laughable (to me) and reek with inexperience. Anyone can give wisdom to anyone else, but I think to be quoted you should also be accomplished as well, but that's just my opinion. Cool read none the less!

well thanks for the tips jon biggrin.png

like i said, i thought of these all in one night...at like 12AM or so. when i uploaded this topic lol. and im not good with that kind of stuff anyway

so....yea. btw the WHEEEW! one is something a guy on youtube says. he's awesome. i based my new avatar on him. biggrin.png

and the "There are more retarded people with IQ's of over 100, than those with IQ's lower than 69." was me having that lucky moment of cleverness that i rarely get.

for example.

i said at the dinner table today "have you ever just started talking to yourself out of no where?"

and before anyone could finish answering i said "oh yea, i do that all the time." it was funny lol

Edited by Bob423

i said at the dinner table today "have you ever just started talking to yourself out of no where?"

and before anyone could finish answering i said "oh yea, i do that all the time." it was funny lol

That is definitely funny. I could see an animated character saying that, in an Alice in Wonderland type setting. Mad Hatter at the table or something. I might actually use that in writing at some point if you don't mind, it can convey cognitive impairment very quickly in a witty manner. I'd of likely laughed up some food or drink when hearing that.

lol sure you can use it, but i might use it at some point, so if i were you, i'd credit me, just in case.

I quite like these, some are quite poignant. The one on ignorance and IQ rings true very often!

lol i didn't read any of the repsonse's to this but im just popping in to agree with # 7 lol

edit. allright read all the posts lol, i also agree with ten XD, but nice quotes man,

Edited by Ackley14

ok, how about this one

"your life sucks, and it's all your fault."

or

"your life sucks because you make it suck."

ok, how about this one

"your life sucks, and it's all your fault."

or

"your life sucks because you make it suck."

Meh, second one is close, but could be insulting to people who come from places where everyone has 'sucky' lives, like poverty stricken areas where they aren't allowed to cross borders, and situations such as that. Also the sentence doesn't apply to anyone who is a victim of something, like abuse, it's kinda insulting to them actually.

But I get what you were going for, and I agree. Remember to not reinvent the classics;

-you made your bed now you have to lie in it

-dug your own grave

-be prepared to reap what you sow

-becareful what you wish for

Each one kinda applies to what you were going for, and are of course not quotes anymore, they are sayings, but all good quotes eventually become sayings over enough time.

Keep up the good work.