New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
RPG

Mutual Help - Wanting YOUR ads!

Quick Edit: Do to sprite image code broken. It's fixed now.

Hey guys it's RPG again. (Joined yesterday and made my introduction in the introduction thread)

For the development of my game What A Life! I am planning on making it urban like with advertisements. (But I'm a tad short on advertisements...)

So I thought to myself, "Why not allow the community of RMXP Unlimited share their advertisements with me? They get their games advertised and I don't have to create my ads."

A win-win situation as I see it. But there's always a catch to life my friends. Right now, I need your ads in a certain way. All you have to do is use this character sprite I made and simply paste your add on the board itself.

Simple yea? You can also make your own advertisement board, as long as it's not bigger than the one I gave you guys (I need to align everything correctly of course) .

Enough beating around the bush, this one is a doozy! It's about 5 x 5 RMXP tiles big which is also about.......640px x 640px big (correct me if I'm wrong).

AdBoards.png

I hope you guys enjoy making your advertisements for my game. xD

The Alpha release will be soon!

It will have 2 cities (1 City = 9 Outside Maps + 3-5+ Inside Maps) you can visit with tons of advertisements (if you guys participate of course).

Quick Edit: Here's a quick example of what I mean. Copy this into your game, set it up with only "Stop Animation" checked and watch our beloved RMXP Unlimited Logo get animated easily inside the board!

BillBoards.png

Edited by RPG

Thanks Broken Messiah! And I see your sig has Gods Eater Burst? ;D

Good game, I got up all the way to defeating arda nova!

Sweet, I'll be sure to add it in a spot that no one can miss!

Hope you don't mind if I make each frame different as I intend for one of each to be in different places.

Hmm....very interesting....I'm sure it won't be a problem. c:

Yes Broken, if you look actually, in the first post. I just put up an example of an animated one. c:

BillboardsUnfinished.png

Not finished yet since I don't have enough source content, so please just use what's available in the sprite sheet as of now.

Yes of course thank you very much! happy.png

Edit: I obviously forgot to mention that I set it as an "animation" so it phases through all of them and still gives the player enough time to look at every single one of them.

Edited by RPG

I would like to help as well. This sounds like fun. Could you tell me a little more about the setting of your game? If I know more, like governing powers, a little of the story or anything I could help create meaningful ads for you. If you wish not to disclose any of that information I'll just have some fun with it!