New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
RPG

Development Team-Up: The Next Game

So it has come to my conclusion that I want to be involved with the next type of game that will have a sort of little fame and be well known. (Don't we all want something like that for our games?) And obviously the odds of doing everything with a 1-man team isn't good enough or more time consuming than it should be. By teaming up, production will be cut down greatly in specific categories and the results will be much greater in a faster amount of time. So below I take interest in asking you my fellow gamers these specific categories.

To Developers

I want to team up with people who are willing to make a new game from scratch orgiven what's already there. (It can vary from either pure scratch of coding to even using what's already given to us.)

Story Line

Depending on the game will determine if we even have a story line. Some great games don't have story lines like Galaga or Pacman. (You just go shoot spaceships or collect a bunch of balls while avoiding ghosts.)

I personally prefer a story line because they are fun to work with and sometimes even spark it's own fans. I've always loved Legend of Zelda's story lines as well as Final Fantasy's different storylines.

Originality

One great way to make this game memorable, is allowing it to be original and not known as a knock off. Maybe it's own original story line, original sprites, original battle systems. etc.

Main Interest

This would be something to grab the audience and player's attention and let them know what the game is about. (shooting, puzzles, fighting, collecting, leveling, etc.)

A Bit About Myself

I know you wouldn't want to work with amateurs and waste time for a flop game so I thought telling you about myself before you even considering teaming up. I can tell you that i've been with RMXP for abour 4 years.

Scripting

I can do everything in RMXP except scripting. I can plug them in and follow directions in the scripts but personally making them I am inexperienced. I've tried to learn that but it's just not me.

Artwork

I can do some pretty great artwork (depending on the theme or even if I feel if putting all my artistic time into it is even worth it.)

Pixel Art: I used to be a great spriter but I stopped that long ago. I have enough skill now to kinda make sprites good enough to the RMXPs standards.

HUD Art: Most of my art comes from this and the one after this. Anything you want displayed like a clock, radar, area location, etc. I can do that well.

Animation Art: Combining it with more of eventing I can make pretty good professional gaming animations.

Eventing

I've always been good with getting around things by using events. I can create animations very well with events and pictures alone. Scripts that always involved specific things like day and night system, hunger system i can do all of that.

Audio

I can do very limited and small sound effects and music effects. It's more of a matter of creating and hoping it sounds good ordeal.

Tools

I carry the following programs for game development:

• MS Paint

• Adobe Photoshop 7

• SAI Paint

• Fruity Loops Studio 8

If you want me to put something specific together just give me a personal message and I'll whip it up for you to show how well qualified I am to work with.

To Audience

I ask to you beta testers or even just simple gamers in general these following questions to answer me:

What type of game are you interested in playing?

Everyone has their own interest in games. Some people love their Pokemon, some love their Galaga, some love Call of Duty, and the list goes on.

Say if we were to make a game, what exactly would you want to be playing?

What would make you play this game for days, weeks, months even!

To the point were you sit down, grab some dorritos and soda and just play it all day long like a kid in the old days before games were taken over by the Playstation and Xbox.

What type of "main interest" does it have?

Main interest would be one of the main keys that keeps you playing the game.

Pokemon for example has a battle system that allows you to have a variety of pokemon that has variety of moves you can use against your opponents plus they have statistics of variety and even a leveling system so you get that satisfaction of feeling like getting to the next level was worth something.

Call of Duty, Battlefield, Contra, Galaga all have a shooting system that allows you to shoot your opponents as well as avoiding getting hit by things for a sense of competition as well as using your fighting instincts and dominance to keep you in.

Legend of Zelda uses an on-screen fighting system with various weapons and tools to choose from to solve a variety of puzzles.

What type of story line does it have?

Most great games come with a story line to keep you set on a goal while you're playing the game so you aren't wondering what you're supposed to be doing or getting bored of doing the same thing.

There's a reason for saying most great games. I'm sure people who are easily familiar with Bejeweled know there's not much of a "save-the-princess" story line there. Yet with no story line, people know what to do real quick and love playing it.

Take back to the Final Fantasy series, I'm pretty sure each and every single game has it's own story line.

Why do you play [insert Game Here]? What makes it special?

I'm sure everyone has a favorite game that they really like but why do they play it? Even if it's not a popular game why do you play it? What makes this game "fun" or "addicting"?

My Final Things To Say

And that most certainly is a thank you for reading all of this or even a bit of this. Even replying to this is a big thank you.

Just let me know what you guys think about for the audience questions. Just post them below and clickity clack a specific message to me if you don't want others to know what you think.

If you have questions for me or even anything to say I'll reply ASAP to ya. Thanks guys and I will see you guys later on new posts or replying on other posts.

Edited by RPG

Nice topic you got here , really made me think back on what I "Really" like about a game. A few years ago I used to play rpg's non stop because they kept coming out! I played all kinds of rpgs, final fantasy , the legend of dragoon, Suikoden, tales of.. , wild arms, legaia etc the list can go on forever lol. Then the rpg's just vannished, more fps and action type games started overflowing the market and even though I play alot of those as well I kind of miss the times were I could sit down and play a game that made me fall asleep with the game still running and the controller still in my hand.

For me, the story of a game is the most important part that makes me keep playing. Having nice gameplay features is a bonus for me (Final Fantasy 13 is an exeption for me) it was painful playing that game. A basic storyline that always work with me is the "Cliche" version of almost all rpg's, friends that ends up being enemies. childhood friends fall in love, tragic childhood , the protagonist is "special" etc etc those always work for me.

Then again that's what I want in a single player experience, were I can be by myself and really get into the game and feel like Iam a part of the game if that makes sense lol.

I really love all kinds of games be it multiplayer fps (BF3 ftw!) or mmorpg's to play with friends etc. I like them all! But I do miss my old rpg moments , which is one of the reasons I started using rpg maker :P.

Alright enough about my gaming thoughts :P What I would like to know about you is , do you only work with XP? Since Iam using Ace and was curious about your work, could you show some examples of what you have done or what you can do? I would love some extra help with some spriting (mostly edits) for kaduki sprites that Iam currently using for my project. And some hud elements as well to be honest. If you would like some info about my game click on my signature =)

Nice topic you got here , really made me think back on what I "Really" like about a game. A few years ago I used to play rpg's non stop because they kept coming out! I played all kinds of rpgs, final fantasy , the legend of dragoon, Suikoden, tales of.. , wild arms, legaia etc the list can go on forever lol. Then the rpg's just vannished, more fps and action type games started overflowing the market and even though I play alot of those as well I kind of miss the times were I could sit down and play a game that made me fall asleep with the game still running and the controller still in my hand.

I hear ya, I played FF, Legend of Dragoon, and Wild Arms myself. Those were great times. xD

For me, the story of a game is the most important part that makes me keep playing. Having nice gameplay features is a bonus for me (Final Fantasy 13 is an exeption for me) it was painful playing that game. A basic storyline that always work with me is the "Cliche" version of almost all rpg's, friends that ends up being enemies. childhood friends fall in love, tragic childhood , the protagonist is "special" etc etc those always work for me.

I heard FF13 was rather tedious with mandatory side missions to continue on with the main mission. I would've thought the "new" battle system they had would've been the more entertainment for the game. I've only played the FF13-2 Demo so I'm a tad clueless. pinch.gif

I really love all kinds of games be it multiplayer fps (BF3 ftw!) or mmorpg's to play with friends etc. I like them all! But I do miss my old rpg moments , which is one of the reasons I started using rpg maker tongue.png.

Same with me, I want to revive an old game of mine but it's a tad tedious on it's own. yes.gif

Alright enough about my gaming thoughts tongue.png What I would like to know about you is , do you only work with XP? Since Iam using Ace and was curious about your work, could you show some examples of what you have done or what you can do? I would love some extra help with some spriting (mostly edits) for kaduki sprites that Iam currently using for my project. And some hud elements as well to be honest. If you would like some info about my game click on my signature =)

Well yes I have only ever used XP and never VX or ACE but that doesn't mean I can't help with making graphics. Your game seems rather interesting and I would be glad to help. I'll send you some examples of my work in a bit, it's a tad late right now. (3am in the morning lol)