New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
Noob Saibot

[Solution]RMVX Failed to initialize DirectX Audio & CoGen DRM

Question

Reader,

I recently ran into an issue where RPG Maker VX would display two errors durring start up:

1) Failed to Initialize DirectX Audio

2) Cannot Initialize CoGen DRM

Suggested Solutions:

DirectX Audio

1) Un-install DirectX and Reinstall.

2) Make sure DirectX is up to date.

3) Check your audio Drivers for updates or re-install.

*However none of these worked for me. I post them incase they work for you.

COGen DRM

1) Un-install RPG Maker VX and re-install.

2) Un-install RPG Maker VX and re-install in new directory. Before opening RMVX restart computer.

*However, none of these solutions worked for me. I post them incase they work for you.

My Solution:

*My Solution has not been tested on Windows 7 32bit or Windows Vista. If you have these please test and post if this solution worked for you or will work.

*SImply disable Windows Compatibility Mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79gUmGeMsLw

v/Respectfully,

Kage Kazumi/Noob Saibot

3 answers to this question

Another solution is to simply use an older version of the installer that still uses Protexis as the authenticator. Although Protexis was pretty weak, COGen is absolutely pathetic. You simply need to swap a single true/false registry value to pirate the application.

Another solution is to simply use an older version of the installer that still uses Protexis as the authenticator. Although Protexis was pretty weak, COGen is absolutely pathetic. You simply need to swap a single true/false registry value to pirate the application.

Yes, true, but none of those worked for me. This is the solution that fixed it for me.

I believe those issues are COGen related, so I don't think older versions that don't have it have the problem to begin with. I can say that definitively for the COGen error, but I am not sure about the DirectAudio one.