New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FranklinX

Awesome RPG Video Games

I finally released my official RPG Maker site. The current name is Franklin Gaming. I'm open to change it if I make a forum open to all game developers. The site is still in its early stages. Tell me what you think of my site and blog?

Official site
http://brettfavre4mv...a_home/mainPage

RPG Maker Blog
http://awesomerpgvideogames.blogspot.com/

Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.c...N2?feature=mhee

Edited by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

I used Wix in the past, and although it has some cool visual elements...that's about it has to offer. I recommend using a website that isn't flash based. Which Wix is. Also your URL isn't related to the website at all.

I am using the free service. My url may look weird. It does contain the site's name.

What free services do you recommend?

Well I use WordPress.com which in my opinion is much more superior to blogger, globster etc. You can mine by clicking on the Fenrir Studios in my signature.

I just checked out wordpress. It's not the blog for me. Blogger allows me to make money without paying any extra fees. Wordpress requires you to upgrade to post affiliates links.

How exactly are you going to make money? Ads? Let me tell you something about ads...

marksads.png

For 903,000 pageviews RMXPU made $128.54 (I think that's NZD which should be just over 100USD). And that's since before 2010. Why don't I just work like 5 hours instead of waiting 2 years? You see, ad revenue is only for the very popular. Even then the cost of hosting probably outweighs ad revenue. Obviously ads here are very selective, guests only in specific content areas. And in case anyone is wondering, I've got that money waiting for reinvestment.

I agree Broken Messiah. If you're going to start a website you should learn how they work. Look at the source code of your site, its absolute gibberish and that's relevant to search engines. You want your site designed for humans but readable by search engines at the same time. If you compare to Broken Messiah's site, he has html5 markup, h1 tags etc. I'm too lazy to find any other issues but I'll just let you know that your site is very unfriendly for search engines. At least in my unprofessional knowledge of SEO. The FIRST thing I'd do if I was to make a website was to make a relevant

tag. Next would be the pagetitle (and yours contains wix.com, which searchers don't want to see and that will be there on google if you site shows up).

One last thing I noticed, do you know if you're getting a sitemap generated? I found broken's one easily enough: http://brokenmessiah...com/sitemap.xml Just another SEO thing.

As a potential visitor to your site, I've never heard of wix but wordpress is well known and trustworthy. If you're going to use a subdomain and free hosting, perceptions are important too.

One last thing I noticed. I think your site loads all of the content at once (so it can be found by search engines), but if I'm googlebot I'm thinking its all one page and without h1 tags, your individual pages won't be found (but of course not, the URL never changes). Its like giving up search engine optimization for user experience, but for me its making the experience worse because personally I don't like fading in and out between pages (unless, for example, its grouped content like rmxpu's current profiles). It also makes visitors feel lost, especially if you've got a lot of content and various levels (ie home -> scripts -> rmxp -> marks amazing script) so then you've got no breadcrumbs. You need breadcrumbs if you're going to have a lot of content. But I don't think you are?

I suppose this is only relevant if you plan to use search engines as a source of traffic, which is a good idea. Even if you're a master of free marketing, optimizing for search engines gives you additional traffic, and if you don't do it, then someone googler is missing out on your potentially quality content, and you're also missing out on traffic. No one benefits. It's like marriage with your stalker.

I'm thinking about buying a domain and get hosting for a blog and a more professional website. Currently I'm trying to get traffic to my blog by advertising in my sign on many different boards. I'm page views have more than doubled. I made a little bit on my ad sense.

I think I can buy a domine for my blog through Google.

Sounds good. Just make sure you have control of your markup (that is the HTML) or that it complies with standards. Especially if you're serious enough to invest money into it. Wordpress is a safe bet on first impression.

@RKO-FRANKLIN:

The cheapest one I know of is 1and1.com and only costed me 3.99/yr HOWEVER, I do not reccomend this place because..you pay for you get. But yes, it is extremely cheap. As for traffic, I do know of some lesser than honorable ways to do it but your best bet now is to post it places where people who would be interested the material be, not just rpgmaker and game maker esque sites. When I was working on Code Geass: Painful Memories, I posted in several forums on the web where people were trying to browser roleplay the game since there was no english. They practically jumped at the opportunity to play a english game.

It's been a while since I last updated the topic! I haven't made any recent posts for Dark Chaos. However, I have made new posts related to trading card games!

New Yugioh! Opening

http://franklingaming.blogspot.com/2012/10/legendary-collection-3-yugis-world.html

Introducing Cardfight Vanguard!

http://franklingaming.blogspot.com/2012/09/cardfight-vanguard.html