New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Jon Bon

Poems By Jon Bon 003 - The Brave, Kind, and Wise

Newest Poem

003-The Brave, Kind and Wise

There were once three pigs each one a brother, all of them were born of the same mother.

The first born was big and known to be brave, there was no one in the world he wouldn't save

The second was born average of size, known to be wise, and see through most lies.

The last born was small and very kind, he preferred the use of his heart over the use of his mind.

But when it came time to leave their home, none of them wanted to live all alone.

Then the wise pig had a solution, he had an idea that was sure to suit them:

"We each build a house near each other, then we can live beside one another."

"You did it!" They both yelled, who knew what their futures now held.

--------------------

With their houses all made, the three pigs laughed as they played.

But when they grew up it was safe all around, the same could not be said on the outskirts of town.

As they played they went further and further, until ending in the den of a known murderer.

A wolf who was exiled from town, who had left willingly but with more than a frown.

The wolf woke up with such a clatter, the three pigs had knocked over his peeping ladder.

He awoke to say; "It must be my lucky day, time for dinner, I'd love if you'd stay!"

The wise pig thought a moment of his reply, sure to be quick so he did not die:

"Do you think my head is that porous? You simply want us as the main course."

His response made the wolf nothing but angry, the wise pig was thinking 'oh no, who will save me.'

It was then that the brave big chimed in, for him to wait any longer would have been a sin.

"Yo mister wolf you may be tough, but this has gone on long enough."

What happened next scared all three, because the cave was dark and it was hard to see.

The wolf stretched and stood up tall, he lit a match and was by far the tallest of them all.

He laughed at their fear and happily replied, "What are you to do? You're already inside!"

The wise pig waited no longer, he acted a plan because the brave pig was not stronger.

He jumped up quick and poked the wolfs one good eye, he then shouted "Run you stupid bastards, before we all die!"

----------------------------

Reaching their homes and hoping for safety, all three thinking 'oh god please don't chase me.'

They each made it home and locked their front door, and exhausted from running collapsed on the floor.

The wolf was now outside their houses, as they lay inside quiet as mouses.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!!!" he screamed, it was obvious he was more than just steamed.

"I don't like running for food in the mornings, I will give you no more further warnings!"

"Come on out and let me eat, if I'm feeling nice, I'll take just your feet.

It was the kind pig who spoke and said with a grin: "Not by the hairs on my chiny chin chin!"

The pigs all laughed and rolled on the ground, and the wolf replied angrily "I'll huff and puff and blow your houses down."

The thought of the act made them all laugh more, they rolled so hard they wore into the floor.

Now it was the wolfs turn to smile, because these three pigs had underestimated his guile.

He went to the Brave pigs house and saw, the entire thing was made out of straw.

He took a deep breath as the pigs waited with anticipation, but the wolf knew too well of the impending devastation.

The wind let out could be called mach one, the pigs were no longer having much fun.

The straw house was now destroyed, the brave pig, quite annoyed.

Winded and cataching his breath from the blow, the wolf couldn't chase him but the pigs didn't know.

The kind pig yelled "Run to my house it's made of wood, the wolf may blow hard but he's not THAT good."

The Brave Pig was now safely inside, glad of the fact that he had not died.

The wolf stood up catching his breath, and wondered if this was worth all the stress.

He must have been thinking yes, looking very happy with what he said next:

"You think I'm tired, given up, or out done? With this next house I get two pigs for the price of one!"

The wolf began to huff and puff with no hesitation, the house would come down by the wise pigs calculations.

He had to save them and with no time to spare, the wise pig opened up and gasped for air:

"Don't make it easy, have some self respect. Get out now while the house is still erect!"

The two pigs heard their brothers warning, and ran from the house like for breakfast in the morning.

The wolf let out what was now mach 9, but the pigs made it out just in the knick of time.

The kind pig was frozen in perpetual fear, the brave pig grabbed him and ran for the last house that was near.

Winded again and more tired than before, the wolf took down the entire house except for the back door.

Knowing he'd blown much hard than previously, the wolf started to think far more deviously.

He know what to do, and what came next, he had no more use for silly sub text.

The wolf gathered all the wood and all the straw, laid it next to the house as the three pigs saw.

He then bellowed with evil laughter, as he told them what he was going after:

"This plan is perfecdt, and I don't mean to boast, but I;m going to light your house afire and leave you to roast!"

The wise pig with his infinite wisdom, had made his house from birck, a fact now sure to kill them.

The wolf grabbed for his nearly last match, which was weird because he had brought his entire batch.

To him this was of no concern, boy was he dumb and when would he learn.

Little did he know that earlier that day, while chasing the pigs he left a trail of matches the entire way.

He lit the match and threw it on in, then something picked up, it was the wind.

The match blew back right into his face, lit his fur ablaze it was such a disgrace.

He was now on fire because where the match had blown, he ran into the trail and lit fire to his home.

The fire ran all over and all across the ground, the wolf jumped into a lake and began to drowned.

"Help I can't swim!" He shouted, "We have to save him!" The kind pig spouted.

-------------------------------------------

The pigs saved the wolf despite his intention, and brought him to town for medical attention.

The wolf now lay there with ill feelings all stored, and the kind pig comes to visit him each week in the burn ward.

The moral of the sotry is to be well rounded, using bravery wisdom and kindness the results can be unfounded.

Older Poems

002-The Fishy Smell of Summer

I have no mouth so no reason to fear,

And I only come but once a year.

I love the light, and that’s where I’ll be,

So many of me it’s hard to see.

I fly, and flutter, and move all around,

But most of the time I am on the ground.

I gleam with my wings as I hold on for safety,

The middle of the road is another place to find me.

The cars come by and they don’t stop.

They run me over with a snap and a pop.

I bug, I pester, and ruin your vacation.

Please don’t blame me, that’s just my station.

I may be rare, but I am known far and wide,

As that oh so troublesome, pain in the side.

I come in May, June, and or July.

All around I am known as the Mayfly.

001-Haunting Game Memories

For many I was their first start,

cutting edge and state of the art.

By far not the first of my kind,

but my success has been quite outlined.

I once brought you hours of joy,

when you were but a boy.

Now im just up for sale,

spam your inbox on email.

I've changed I've grown I'm not the same,

I'm a brand new "Oh so awesome game!"

Competition? I just laughed!

Wait, who's this 'Minecraft'?

All that time and all that fun,

to think what you could have done.

Wasted time in such an amount,

I am your old world of warcraft account.

Very interesting poem, man, I'm quite taken by the way you rhyme. I'd like to see some more of your poetic works. alright.gif4.png

Thank you both very much, kind words go a long way.

I haven't really written anything much since high school, but I started recently, must be all that drawing making me more creative.

Anyhow, thanks about the style, after re-reading it I believe the style influenced by Vincent Price someone who's work and words I truly admire. Specifically I think it's like his work on the 1970's TV Show The Hilarious House of Frieghtenstein. Long before my time, but I watched it in reruns as a tween and into my teenage years. http://www.frightenstein.com/

I am not technically trained in writing, so I don't know 'styles', I just kinda get inspired and write it. But since I do read and listen to poetry it's almost always inspired from another artists style. Credit where credit is due.

I have another poem in the same style I wrote a few weeks before that one. I will post it to here when I have the other computer back and turn this into my poem area, where I will post stuff as I write it. Thanks again.

Posted a new poem in the original post. Also added it here below.

I have no mouth so no reason to fear,

And I only come but once a year.

I love the light, and that’s where I’ll be,

So many of me it’s hard to see.

I fly, and flutter, and move all around,

But most of the time I am on the ground.

I gleam with my wings as I hold on for safety,

The middle of the road is another place to find me.

The cars come by and they don’t stop.

They run me over with a snap and a pop.

I bug, I pester, and ruin your vacation.

Please don’t blame me, that’s just my station.

I may be rare, but I am known far and wide,

As that oh so troublesome, pain in the side.

I come in May, June, and or July.

All around I am known as the Mayfly.

Here is a poem I wrote for a game I am working on. This is dialogue the narrator would read between the played parts in a game. It's only partially edited for cotinuity and pacing, so there still might be some issues with the read. But it's done rough draft phase 1, and likely won't go back over it until the entire narration for the other stories for my game are also written.

003-The Brave, Kind and Wise

There were once three pigs each one a brother, all of them were born of the same mother.

The first born was big and known to be brave, there was no one in the world he wouldn't save

The second was born average of size, known to be wise, and see through most lies.

The last born was small and very kind, he preferred the use of his heart over the use of his mind.

But when it came time to leave their home, none of them wanted to live all alone.

Then the wise pig had a solution, he had an idea that was sure to suit them:

"We each build a house near each other, then we can live beside one another."

"You did it!" They both yelled, who knew what their futures now held.

--------------------

With their houses all made, the three pigs laughed as they played.

But when they grew up it was safe all around, the same could not be said on the outskirts of town.

As they played they went further and further, until ending in the den of a known murderer.

A wolf who was exiled from town, who had left willingly but with more than a frown.

The wolf woke up with such a clatter, the three pigs had knocked over his peeping ladder.

He awoke to say; "It must be my lucky day, time for dinner, I'd love if you'd stay!"

The wise pig thought a moment of his reply, sure to be quick so he did not die:

"Do you think my head is that porous? You simply want us as the main course."

His response made the wolf nothing but angry, the wise pig was thinking 'oh no, who will save me.'

It was then that the brave big chimed in, for him to wait any longer would have been a sin.

"Yo mister wolf you may be tough, but this has gone on long enough."

What happened next scared all three, because the cave was dark and it was hard to see.

The wolf stretched and stood up tall, he lit a match and was by far the tallest of them all.

He laughed at their fear and happily replied, "What are you to do? You're already inside!"

The wise pig waited no longer, he acted a plan because the brave pig was not stronger.

He jumped up quick and poked the wolfs one good eye, he then shouted "Run you stupid bastards, before we all die!"

----------------------------

Reaching their homes and hoping for safety, all three thinking 'oh god please don't chase me.'

They each made it home and locked their front door, and exhausted from running collapsed on the floor.

The wolf was now outside their houses, as they lay inside quiet as mouses.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!!!" he screamed, it was obvious he was more than just steamed.

"I don't like running for food in the mornings, I will give you no more further warnings!"

"Come on out and let me eat, if I'm feeling nice, I'll take just your feet.

It was the kind pig who spoke and said with a grin: "Not by the hairs on my chiny chin chin!"

The pigs all laughed and rolled on the ground, and the wolf replied angrily "I'll huff and puff and blow your houses down."

The thought of the act made them all laugh more, they rolled so hard they wore into the floor.

Now it was the wolfs turn to smile, because these three pigs had underestimated his guile.

He went to the Brave pigs house and saw, the entire thing was made out of straw.

He took a deep breath as the pigs waited with anticipation, but the wolf knew too well of the impending devastation.

The wind let out could be called mach one, the pigs were no longer having much fun.

The straw house was now destroyed, the brave pig, quite annoyed.

Winded and cataching his breath from the blow, the wolf couldn't chase him but the pigs didn't know.

The kind pig yelled "Run to my house it's made of wood, the wolf may blow hard but he's not THAT good."

The Brave Pig was now safely inside, glad of the fact that he had not died.

The wolf stood up catching his breath, and wondered if this was worth all the stress.

He must have been thinking yes, looking very happy with what he said next:

"You think I'm tired, given up, or out done? With this next house I get two pigs for the price of one!"

The wolf began to huff and puff with no hesitation, the house would come down by the wise pigs calculations.

He had to save them and with no time to spare, the wise pig opened up and gasped for air:

"Don't make it easy, have some self respect. Get out now while the house is still erect!"

The two pigs heard their brothers warning, and ran from the house like for breakfast in the morning.

The wolf let out what was now mach 9, but the pigs made it out just in the knick of time.

The kind pig was frozen in perpetual fear, the brave pig grabbed him and ran for the last house that was near.

Winded again and more tired than before, the wolf took down the entire house except for the back door.

Knowing he'd blown much hard than previously, the wolf started to think far more deviously.

He know what to do, and what came next, he had no more use for silly sub text.

The wolf gathered all the wood and all the straw, laid it next to the house as the three pigs saw.

He then bellowed with evil laughter, as he told them what he was going after:

"This plan is perfecdt, and I don't mean to boast, but I;m going to light your house afire and leave you to roast!"

The wise pig with his infinite wisdom, had made his house from birck, a fact now sure to kill them.

The wolf grabbed for his nearly last match, which was weird because he had brought his entire batch.

To him this was of no concern, boy was he dumb and when would he learn.

Little did he know that earlier that day, while chasing the pigs he left a trail of matches the entire way.

He lit the match and threw it on in, then something picked up, it was the wind.

The match blew back right into his face, lit his fur ablaze it was such a disgrace.

He was now on fire because where the match had blown, he ran into the trail and lit fire to his home.

The fire ran all over and all across the ground, the wolf jumped into a lake and began to drowned.

"Help I can't swim!" He shouted, "We have to save him!" The kind pig spouted.

-------------------------------------------

The pigs saved the wolf despite his intention, and brought him to town for medical attention.

The wolf now lay there with ill feelings all stored, and the kind pig comes to visit him each week in the burn ward.

The moral of the sotry is to be well rounded, using bravery wisdom and kindness the results can be unfounded.