New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
FranklinX

Health Care

Health care is a major topic in every country.

Do you think Health Care should be free for everyone?

My opinion is based on America's current system. For everyone who knows about Obama Care. Obama Care is not free. You're required to have health insurance.

I think health care should be free for everyone. I find it too be very unfair for lower class and middle class people to be unable to afford the best health care. The system basically says if you're rich then you can live but if you are poor then you have six months to live.

Having health insurance in the US does not help. Insurances can decline to pay.

Before Obama Care people who were born with health problems were often rejected for having pre existing conditions. This made it nearly impossible for some people to have health care. Is it fair to be unable to receive health care because you were born with health problems?

Aids is a major problem in America. Famous NBA star Magic Johnson has aids. He can afford the best medication. It's been over 20 years since he had aids. He is not showing any signs of health problems. In fact his life expectancy is much higher because of his medication. It's great Magic Johnson can afford this medication. The majority of aids carries cannot afford this and will have much shorter life spans. Is this truly fair?

Is it fair to be unable to receive health care because you were born with health problems?

Quite simply:

-health care should be free for anyone

-health insurance (like the US system) is inhumane (we have health insurance but that's for private hospitals, but everyone in NZ is entitled to free healthcare)

-The fact that its hard to change is no excuse (which is what someone argued against me in the chat a while ago).

There is an illness in my family and no doubt if we were born in the US we wouldn't be able to afford the medication he requires. There is no logical reasoning why the state should not fund healthcare. It's pitiful and disgusting to make profit from anothers lack of health.

The US is too corrupt to change it, so long as all that profits being made.

It does help. Sure, Insurances can decline to pay, but there is still a chance that the Insurance will pay. However if you don't have ANY kind of insurance at all... you get nothing(unless your stupidly rich and don't need insurance to pay your medical bills... but that's besides the point.) There is a quote that I used to see when I was in elementary school. "You will miss 100% of the shots you don't take." This can be directly related to your quote. Having a 25% chance of getting healthcare is better than having a 0% chance because you don't have insurance.

Is it fair to be unable to receive health care because you were born with health problems?

No it's not fair. Considering that the United States is the only developed country WITHOUT a national healthcare system (Source Institute of Medicine of the National Academy of Sciences) It isn't fair at all that you are denied healthcare because of preexisting conditions. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one could sue for being denied healthcare for that reason... (there is probably some loophole to keep that from happening to insurances because it is a business.) By all rights though, it could be considered a hate crime. Look at the movie Gattica, a man is denied access to his dream because of preexisting conditions that he has no control over. One could draw a direct parallel between being denied healthcare because of a DNA condition, and between being denied healthcare because of preexisting condition. It's essentially a hate crime. (I'll step off of my soapbox now...)

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if one could sue for being denied healthcare for that reason... (there is probably some loophole to keep that from happening to insurances because it is a business.) By all rights though, it could be considered a hate crime.

Any loophole or precedent set by a fair and reasonable judge would quickly be legislated over and have precedence over any other form of law (except constitutional law). As long as there's a few making a ridiculous amount of money, I can't see it leaving any time soon.

Does anyone in the US actually know what Obama care does? That's an awfully narcissistic name for legislation. I get the feeling there's confusion over it and some don't know what they're supporting.

All I know so far is that It's real name is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. or PPACT for short. Obama care is the pet name the Republicans decided to give the legislation. Reading it so far seems to suggest that it makes it illegal not to have health insurance, and, that if you can't afford healthcare, the government will subsidies you so that you can afford it. There also seems to be mention of no barment of healthcare based on preexisting conditions. However, I'm no expert, and I may not have a single clue as to what I'm talking about. >.< (though I wish that isn't the case, since I have to vote in September.)

I'm not sure how it should go, because there would be problems I assume, with free healthcare. As for "Obama Care" I was for it before I read the bill, which has been removed off the official government site, that had some rather sexist requirements and rules, but that's not the worse part.

The tax or whatever it is, is the worse part. 500$ penalty and it increases as you miss payments? Poor families can barely pay car insurance or house bills. How will they pay that tax? Its absurd.

All I know so far is that It's real name is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. or PPACT for short. Obama care is the pet name the Republicans decided to give the legislation. Reading it so far seems to suggest that it makes it illegal not to have health insurance, and, that if you can't afford healthcare, the government will subsidies you so that you can afford it. There also seems to be mention of no barment of healthcare based on preexisting conditions. However, I'm no expert, and I may not have a single clue as to what I'm talking about. >.< (though I wish that isn't the case, since I have to vote in September.)

Preexisting conditions are mention. It is now illegal for insurance companies to deny you because of preexisting conditions.

My primary concern with the legislation out at the moment, is that I am being forced to buy Health Insurance from a Private Company, and if I dont, I get slammed with $500 in taxes. Don't want to pay that because it's ludicrous? Welcome to Federal Prison. I'm all for national healthcare, but lets be reasonable here. As expensive as health insurance is now, wait until those premiums rise because of all the things the insurance companies have to cover. And with that in mind, if you pay thousands a year for health insurance you personally don't need (assuming you are in great health), would it not seem more reasonable to just pay $500 in taxes?

I think the whole pill would be a little bit easier to swallow, if say, there was a govt health insurance option. That way I'm not getting the reach-around from some suit so he can go to Baja for his fifth vacation this year, and instead the money I'm paying in, but not using, is being used to help those that are less fortunate.

I recall the POTUS comparing Car Insurance and the Healthcare bill, and saying something along the lines of how its just the same, in that you HAVE to have Car Insurance. I dont know about you, but I'm not required to own a car. Hell, I've never heard of Bicycle Insurance. Driving a vehicle (a weapon on wheels) is a privilege, and if you want that privilege, you have to pay the piper. Healthcare is in no way the same, you NEED your health, otherwise you do this thing where you stop living, ah yes.. die.

I've given up trying to make sense of it all.