New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
JakalX

Move Routes Not Completing

Question

Hi guys, me again. Can't seem to figure this out. I have an event set to this:

[Move Up]

play se

Move up

play se

Move up

play se

move up

play se

It only gets past the first move up (boxed out). Now, no matter what I do, he just stops. Anyone care to try and help?

15 answers to this question

Do you have the sound effect set?

I'd also recommend you use "Step Forward" after changing it so he's looking up, I've had a glitch like that before and doing just that fixed it. Might be different for you, though.

how are you creating the move route? if your using the events movement box how about trying it in an event command on parrallel process, i tried to replicate your error but it was a no go, a screenshot of your setup would be good :)

If this is for a cut scene then do as Diagostimo said. You can just create an invisible event and make a move route for your character by changing it in the box at the top left of the move rout event. If this is a player activated event then set the move route on the thing the player interacts with.

Also, he was asking if you actually put in a se (sound effect). If no sound effect was chosen then that might cause some problems. Not sure though.

How are you doing your move route?

I'll clarify. There are two places you can put a move route. The first one is the "Autonomous Movement" move route. Thats the one just to the right of where you put in a Picture or Sprite for the Event. The other one is with the "Set Move Route" button. There is a big difference between the two.

First one. IS affected by Frequency. For example. Set to move Up Up Up Left Up. There will be a big delay between each step.

Second one. Ignores Freqency. Same move route, with a Low Frequency (how frequently the movement happens). This will immediate each and every step along the way immediately with no delays.

It almost sounds like you might be hitting a delay...

Its the second one, Heretic. Its like this on all of my projects. They are also all for cutscenes, Gaijin.

Like i said, it only works if there is text before it. If there is something else other than text, it doesnt work.

Are you wanting the text to appear after the set move route? Or do you just not want text at all and just want the character to move? That is pretty odd. As diagostimo mentioned any screenshots would be very helpful.

Got it. Do you have the Event that is moving going over ANOTHER EVENT? Two Events can NOT move over each other unless at least ONE of them is marked as through, regardless if they have Graphics or not.

Good call heritic. I didn't even think of that. You might also want to check your tileset to make sure it can go through. Although if it works with text than I doubt that's the problem.

Edited by ThatOneGaijin

Quick suggestion. Change your moving event to have a graphic and put it always on top, temporarily, just to see if it completes its move route or not...

My Process is simple Make a Pararell Event at the top left of the screen with no graphic whatsoever, and place your cutseen there.

If it is an Action based cutseen (Player Interacts with Event) Just do what i did. The Object that the player talks to will start a switch

and that switch will start a pararelled process/auto event and put the cutseen in the Pararelled Event.

I know this is resolved, but I want to mention that sometimes a common event that relates to movement can disrupt move routes. I used to have a dash event, and I only got it to move once. I mean, I also had it set to "C", so I'm sure that may have done something.

Figured I'd mention anyway.

Do you have skip move if cannot complete on?

and another thing try removing the sound effect and see if it works then.

---oh it solved haha