New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
madanchi

Bored of Minecraft... Suggestions?

I'm bored of Minecraft and have been for the past few months. Is there anything anyone can suggest that might get me back playing it? Also the new sidways log has got to be the most frustrating and silly feature ever.... I'm a builder, it's all I do in Minecraft and it is so finicky, time wasting and frustrating to place logs in the correct angle.

Find a new game to play!

I'm already playing a few that I'm happy with, I jsut want to enjoy playing Minecraft again.

make a game, or play terraria. http://store.steampo...com/app/105600/

Don't like Terraria, and making a game will take far too long :P Well I'm working my way back into Lumis but it's too overwhelming Edited by madanchi

I have zero interest in Tekkit, all those tubes and what not is just not my style looks too over complex. What does it actually benefit for the game?

micro blocks hasn't been updated since 1.7.2 release, shame looks really good

Edited by madanchi

Micro blocks is apart of Red Power 2.

Tekkit is over complex which makes it fun. Its not all about tubes. In fact only 2% of it is tubes.

Its fun when you make your first generator and work your way up to learning a nuclear reactor(i blew up my house a few times lol then learned how to use ice for cooling).

It benefits tons. You can actually work your way up to the technology age of living like a caveman. With the Red Power 2 blocks you can make places look however you want with the 100's of different small blocks for each type of block.

Theres even computers you can program stuff with. You can program auto builders, scrolling text screens, timers, you name it and you can make it.

I use to be the same way as you till i actually tried tekkit. It just takes an hour with the wiki and you will be having a blast in no time. It makes legit play even more fun.

You could always get some new texture packs. Find a PVP server maybe? Learn how to redstone and build stuff.

Done all those and redstone bores me. Plus I hardly play it now, I've gone into CrossFire again then once i get bored of that it'll be Minecraft again.

Done all those and redstone bores me. Plus I hardly play it now, I've gone into CrossFire again then once i get bored of that it'll be Minecraft again.

CrossFire? *Google skillz, yo* Looks interesting. Anyway, if you're looking for some fun games, try Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, Black Ops 2 (coming out soon). Maybe? I dunno. Just offering suggestions.

Don't like any of those that you suggested :P to be honest, my lifestyle is too busy to waste my time away on Minecraft. It wouldn't be so bad but all I enjoy doing is building mega builds with extreme intricate detail, so it takes hours each day to finish a project.

I haven't bought it yet, but I just thought of something we could do that would be quite difficult...We should build some of the dungeons from Ocarina of Time. :P

Or something that would take freakin FOREVER...build one of the worlds (as in either Light or Dark) from A Link to the Past. xD

@Joey now that's something that we could try out or maybe just build an exact 1:1 replica of the game. Though that would take some time which soon I probabaly won't have.

@albertibay Mods don't take my fancy and that's one of the main reasons why I've become bored of it.

Yeah I dunno, a replica of OoT's or ALttP's Hyrule would like, take...forever. xD Especially if you include every cave, dungeon, house, and whatever else I'm forgetting in it. lol

I do love a big challenge, that's also one of my biggest down falls, I give up after a certain time. But it shouldn't be that hard, a built a massive medievil 1:3 scaled city by myself, 30% done roughly. Oh and that 30% was one section and it just was in sight with render distance on the furthest.

Edited by madanchi

It would be even more challenging if we did the Dark Worldand included all of the dungeons. :P

Dunno how you do teleportation in MC though, since some areas may leave you in a dead end or trapped or something.

If I where to do a Let's Play of Minecraft it would be a a Builders Guide to Minecraft where each episode would teach you how to build starting from the basics to the advanced, but it's almost guaranteed I won't do a LP. Tekkit also compiled some of those mods without permission just to note :P

Or we could do one of those goofy Machinima movies. xD

(I never really bothered with them much except for Smash Bros. Brawl, lol)