New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
albertibay

Can someone give out quest ideas

Question

14 answers to this question

Never EVER have the payer pick mushrooms in the nearby forest. If you've already made it, then unmake it.

What do you enjoy doing in games? That is the way i would do quests and maybe you could have a multiple branch where if you do a certain quests other ones open up?

All depends on location really. I've bullet pointed some ideas down below of the top of my head:

• Goblins attacked a travelling salesman, the salesman was riding a horse and carrage. The horse it got scared and escaped into the deep forest, it's driver fell off during the escape ultimately losing the horse and carrage. You have to find the horse, bring ti back and earn a reward.
  • Deliver messages to other quest givers.
  • Collect insect wings dropped from killing certain enemies in certain location.
  • Be an undercover thief, locate the treaures and take back to quest giver.

Never EVER have the payer pick mushrooms in the nearby forest. If you've already made it, then unmake it.

...why?

• assasination
  • break someone out of jail
  • find out who a murder is
  • bank job
  • get sent to find and return treasure from dungeons
  • catch some one in the act of a criminal offence

the list goes on and on :)

Well, kill 10 slime,

Level up,

Enter one of the event,

Recruit player,

Get into vehicle.

lol those are too mmo for here my friend.

yeah dolarmak is right thats to MMO

to make stuff more simple the game i'm making is a

Single Player

Medieval Era

Commercially purchasable game

Its good to keep it simple, but the variety would add to the game's value. In reality there aren't that many types of quests you can have.

Kill a boss.

Kill enemies.

Fetch item.

Talk to npc.

And the ever crucial story driver, "Go to."

The only difference is in the thematic presentation of the quests, and how much detail you put into them. As long as it doesn't clash with the theme of your game, anything goes. You can't really have a "collect rainbows and hearts" quest in a post apocalyptical game. You could actually do it, but it has to make sense within the world of the story.

I like RPGs that have hunting of special monsters. I also like collecting stuff like The Legend of Dragoon's Stardust and Dragon Quest's Mini Medals and then you get items for like every 10 brought to someone. Secret areas are also a nice find in a RPG. If you having summoning in your game then secret summoning monsters are always nice to find. Ultra Weapons and Armor find s are nice.

~Keven