New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Marked

Treasure Hunt - Contest

Treasure Hunt

Welcome to the Treasure Hunt contest.

How it works
The first person to post a link to the page(s) that contain the following treasure wins.
treasurek.png
Hints
-The treasure is hidden in a post
-It is in the first post of a topic
-It is in a topic between the date ranges of 2006 - 2007
-It is hidden in one of my posts
-This page may be useful to you http://www.gdunlimited.net/about-us
-One of the following numbers may or may not be significant: 8, 16, and/or 24

Prize
The prize is a 1-month subscription to the site. Please note that the subscription prize is mainly recognition of the winner and does not provide a real benefit in terms of site-usage as we do not have any official subscriber system.

Good luck in your searches! I shall post further hints if no one finds it fast enough.

Well I don't think I found what I was looking for, but it sure was a nice trek trough the history of gdu.

Here are some things that caught my eye.

Hmm, hackers eh?

And an advertising team?

A design contest? Sigh, where the hell was I?

A doogle eh? :}

Formated your project files eh? Sure is disappointing, got a project corrupt once, still haven't tried to start it over.

Lol I forgot this may be embarassing for me. Don't forget that 2006 was the first year I started using forums and i was pretty young.

All the hints there are relevant. Maybe ill decrease the date range if no one can find it. It's supposed t be a challenge :-

Lol I forgot this may be embarassing for me. Don't forget that 2006 was the first year I started using forums and i was pretty young.

All the hints there are relevant. Maybe ill decrease the date range if no one can find it. It's supposed t be a challenge :-

Why didnt i think of that. I was searching gdu only. Didnt expect it on another site lol.

He also said "The first person to post a link to the page(s) that contain the following treasure wins."

So theres more than 1?

Found it.

http://z3.invisionfr...hp?showtopic=12

.:EDIT:.

That was fun. You should make another. :P

Nice, was it too easy? Enjoy your new subscriber status :) I may make another once your month has elapsed. I'll try to make a more challenging one next time.

Why didnt i think of that. I was searching gdu only. Didnt expect it on another site lol.

He also said "The first person to post a link to the page(s) that contain the following treasure wins."

So theres more than 1?

It would probably be unfair if I hadn't posted a link that links to the old site :D The page(s) means it could be one or several pages, but this time it was just on the one :)

It was a little easy. I just thought about where I would put it. So I mainly searched announcements and events. And there it was. :D

Thanks for the Subscriber title. :D

:o I can edit without the "Edit by" line and delete posts?! Time to troll. fmm.gif

So we could have used the original xpu site? and why does all the cool shit happen when I am away from my pc?

I thought this was a game making contest. A treasure hunt theme game contest sounds like a groovy idea!

Well have fun with your one month subscription! What does that add to you be able to do for a month btw?

He's got some minor mod powers for his own posts (I hope not other's :P) and additional space. The usergroup was setup in 2007 and hasn't been changed since, so, I don't regard it as anything official and its more for recognition of winning.

Could we have some kind of countdown to when the next "pull it out of my ass" contest begins...

(that should be way easy to make about 1000 jokes off of)