New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
ShinGamix

1 Day Mapping Contest!

Yes that is right! This is a mapping contest!

What is the Catch you ask? Starting now until tomorrow night is all the time you have...

Wait WHAT!?

Yes you read right.

Make a Map Scene in one Day! aka @24 hours

Prizes

Participation

All Participating Members will receive a Custom Contest Banner to put in their SIG!

There will also be a 4th,3rd, 2nd, and 1st place winners.

Now ready set Go!!

Rules

Must post your maps on this topic to enter.

Can use ANY tiles or resources.

Must give credit!

Must be an original map.

Edited by ShinGamix

I'm right in the middle of making a map :D But the 24 hour limit is unfair for people in different time zones. I for one will lose a few hours as you posted this at 4am, where as someone else it would have been 8am as an example. A suggestion might be to start the competition at 8am to your time zone so we all have equal hours. Obviously we would have to say what time zone we're in, I'm GMT.

Well you have @24 hours still pal. Just dont take two days.

Since not enough people entered should I make it a one week mapping contest or close the doors now?

Close the doors, I've finished mine and just waiting for it to upload. I'll come back soon and edit the download in.

Screenshot:

gallery_14035_216_1927.png

Edit: Okay since I'm having trouble uploading to GDU I've uploaded it with MediaFire. Link below :)

All credit goes to myself baring the music which was composed by M'aidez titles Space Ambient.

Link:

http://soundcloud.com/maydayz

Edited by madanchi

I gave everyone extra time so I guess it is done. Too bad RG didn't enter.

Yeah I would of like a couple more to enter but never mind, all is good. Also I've PMed you the downlaod link instead so it's only available to you.

Well it is over and I have made my decisions. Hand out awards soon.

I'm not sure you can complain about participation if you make a contest without warning that lasts 24hrs :P I also like to see polls for mapping contests, everyone has their own preferences and a poll is a good way to judge.

This reminds me, I was supposed to start the Game in a month contest soon.

I was planning on doing the judging Lord Vader.

Edited by ShinGamix

Its okay and I am done with the judging so expect the winners to be posted this weekend.

So you decided against a poll?

Does anyone else want to supply or help with the prizes/awards then I will use poll for the results otherwise I am not going with a poll for this contest.

Edited by ShinGamix

Well running on 3 to 4 hours a sleep a day isnt easy after a week or two.

Well running on 3 to 4 hours a sleep a day isnt easy after a week or two.

Nooo get propper sleep Shin! You need it to function propperly, like making good coffee for example.

@LackofSleep Why you ask? Well life. Yesterday I worked from 6am until a nasly 2am last night and then turned around and went back in at 6 this morning and worked until 4:30pm Saturday afternoon. So I am a Zombie right nows.

Oh damn... That's slavery. Humans can't function properly like that, you'd probably be more productive getting more sleep and doing less hours. Stupid employer. Unless you had something REALLY important to do.

@LackofSleep Why you ask? Well life. Yesterday I worked from 6am until a nasly 2am last night and then turned around and went back in at 6 this morning and worked until 4:30pm Saturday afternoon. So I am a Zombie right nows.

Been there and done that...almost died...not literally, but i did fall asleep for 20 minutes when no one else was around lol.

Shin I hope you get some time off to rest buddy, after a few weeks of that you'll crash for sure.

An employer cannot legally force you to wrok those hours, you can get them in some serious shit if they did force you to do so. If you did it out of your own kindness, then they still can't allow you to work that much even if you wanted to.

Well I do. I am not forced but I do have a responsabilty at work because if I don't complete my daily tasks, 150 to 200 people can't work the next day. and this weekend was inventory and I cant spell right right now and I am not going to fix it so sorry. They moved me out of that job for about nine months and they went through 34 people in those nine months. I appreciate that you guys see it is a lot of work. So that is why I make some mistakes sometimes but I always come by even if it only for a minute or two. Funny I have been spending more time here than. oh fixed spelling errors mostly.

• And I have the Winners..finally

Alberibay 1st

• -The little details made me like this map more every time I looked at it. The sawhorse and the deer head over the door was even more nice touches.

Madanchi 2nd

• -A very stylish map but the black and white contrast just made me want to see it without the effect! I still want to see the original.

Wendell 3rd

• -I really wanted to like this map more, but the drab colors is it's biggest let down. I would have loved to see a parallax background or anything outside the windows of the subway. The Zombie is epic awesome! Why is the glowing "bag" just pasted over the whole seat? (It goes over the back and the seat of the bench?) I can't even tell what it is? Maybe Zombie Candy?

dolarmak : Honorable Mention aka kinda 4th

• because there was no 4th entry and I said there would be one

Will make the sig banners asap guys

Edited by ShinGamix

The forum downtime really messed up the way the results of this contest ended up. After 15 days it was hard to see the results that had put up a few hours before the forum went down for 2 weeks.