New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
DarthVollis

Changing Member's Title

I know how to do it on other sites but now here. About my profile picture is the word "Newbie". I want to change that. Can someone help me to do so?

Click on Profile in the upper NAVBAR!

Then Click on "Edit my Profile".

Under the setting/ general settings area [Which should be displayed by default!]

Scroll down about half a page photo>Time Zone>Comments & Vistors>Friends>Profile Information!

Look right under "Edit my about me page" button

It should say member title.

Fill in the box with some spammy member title to display or random text!

Scroll ALL the way down

Click Save Changes button!

There you go Numnuts!

While you are there you can also put me in as the member who referred you!

Edited by ShinGamix

@Marked - Since it was sort of my idea can I have a little credit for it? I would like to have a presence somewhere.

Actually If you ask me people shouldn't get to pick their title like that, your title is your standing in the community. It's given to you by your peers to reflect your contribution to the community, not your ego. But I don't suppose a class system wouldn't be very high on the priority list right now.

I guess that really depends on the way it is done. IT would be kinda cool it receive a proper title, but I want a certain title that I don't think would be available that way.

Well I guess it depends of your understanding of the word title. In my sense a title should be given to you by your peers, so its them who decide what the actual titles they give out are. On the other hand if you just want a cool nickname, you should be able to pick one for yourself.

I'd say, separate titles from nicknames. If you have a nickname display it over your title, otherwise display the title.

And then there are other possible compromises, that don't even involve making changes to the website. Like having your peer giving you a title that matches the one you want. Or even have control over a part of the title, like your peer gives you the title of Prince, but you get to choose what are you a Prince of, like Prince of Darkness, Prince of the Forest, Prince of Space, etc.