New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Bigace360

Ruby/RGSS3 questions that don't deserve their own thread

Question

General RGSS3 Help

Introduction

Here is a general RGSS3 Help Topic. You're welcome to ask any question about RMVXA scripting language to help you be a scripter.

Instructions

First search the topic for your question. It might have already been answered, so please search first.

[table=Note]

If we don't answer right away, just wait a day or two then bump it.

7 answers to this question

Ok, cool. I can use this.  How can i extend the viewport of one window?  Like, i select 1 item in the left window, and info shows up in the right window, which, if its larger than the window itself, extends the viewport of the window so i can scroll the window up and down?

Ok, cool. I can use this.  How can i extend the viewport of one window?  Like, i select 1 item in the left window, and info shows up in the right window, which, if its larger than the window itself, extends the viewport of the window so i can scroll the window up and down?

I'm not sure what you mean, but if I understand correctly that's no viewport issue, you just need to make the info window's bitmap larger than the window itself and RGSS will determine that the window should be scrollable on its own. Then of course you need to implement some simple routine to actually scroll the window when the appropriate keys are pressed. Something like:

If Input.trigger?(Input::DOWN)
  window.oy += 32
end

i want to use the numbers 1-4 as input for the peral ABS but I forgot how to, I don't know if 

is num, or numb, but I know it's something like that.

Skill    =  [PearlKey::NUMB1,      '1']            # Skill usage
 Skill2   =  [PearlKey::NUMB2,      '2']            # Skill2 usage
 Skill3   =  [PearlKey::NUMB3,      '3']            # Skill3 usage
 Skill4   =  [PearlKey::NUMB4,      '4']            # Skill4 usage

i want to use the numbers 1-4 as input for the peral ABS but I forgot how to, I don't know if 

is num, or numb, but I know it's something like that.

Skill    =  [PearlKey::NUMB1, '1']            # Skill usage

Skill2   =  [PearlKey::NUMB2, '2']            # Skill2 usage

Skill3   =  [PearlKey::NUMB3, '3']            # Skill3 usage

Skill4   =  [PearlKey::NUMB4, '4']            # Skill4 usage

Unless it's built into the ABS, number inputs aren't used in RPG maker according to the help files. You'll need to download someones Input Module script in order to use numbers. Try this one out:

Unless it's built into the ABS, number inputs aren't used in RPG maker according to the help files. You'll need to download someones Input Module script in order to use numbers. Try this one out:

oh, I've solved the problem, but thanks for the info

What lines of code would i need to add to get an enemy hp and mp to update when i attack the enemy?

At the moment it shows the starting out hp/mp and never refreshes.

(I am working on a custom hud)

rgss3 TOO BTW

Edited by ShinGamix