New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
JackSwan

Help Me WIth Map Properties

Question

3 answers to this question

It's set this way because that's the size of the game window. You can't change that for just 1 map, there are ways to make the window bigger but that means messing with the engine itself and few people are pro enough to do that.

The solution is to use black filler on either side. Make it so that the black is impassable by the player. It'll look like you put up those cinematic bars other video games use, but it gets the job done.

Don't worry about something as height or width. You can have a map with only 1 square this way but it's impractical.

It's set this way because that's the size of the game window. You can't change that for just 1 map, there are ways to make the window bigger but that means messing with the engine itself and few people are pro enough to do that.

The solution is to use black filler on either side. Make it so that the black is impassable by the player. It'll look like you put up those cinematic bars other video games use, but it gets the job done.

Don't worry about something as height or width. You can have a map with only 1 square this way but it's impractical.

Thank you it helped :D :D :D stupid me

I had a mess around at manually opening the map file and resetting the dimensions, but because of how rpg maker center's the map on screen it makes a weird tiling affect and your movment glitches, to actually resize the map it would require a rework on how everything is calculated, which is a bit of a hassle for something small, and then when you actually reduced the size of a map you would still get black borders because of the window size, so dolarmak's answer is the most suitable as it would just give the same effect.