New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
EmilyAnnCoons

RMXP Unlimited Productions Presents Final Destiny

I am happy to announce that the voting is officially over. The members of RMXP Unlimited have chosen Final Destiny as the RMXP Unlimited Productions Project. Below is all of the info provided thus far, and I am expecting the poster of the information will provide more. Marked will be putting up a feature page site as well once we get all of the information, and we are looking for people to help work on it. I will leave it to the one who posted Final Destiny to provide the information of what is needed (scripters, mappers, etc.)

FINAL DESTINY

Also known as Ishtar Chronicles Zero

Amist the chaos and destruction cause by the dragon goddess,Fianna,

the great sword master,Ryan Syviel builds his army to fight against her.

He must first seek cooperation from the four gods of the north,south,east and west in order to forge the legendary sword the Final Destiny,the only weapon capable of slaying Fianna.

By his side are the two Angels of Destiny,Lorana and Priscilla,his childhood friend Osmond(Oz) the monk,the former dark and evil wizard Ezekiel(Zeke),and the lovely Princess Natalie.

Character List and Backgrounds:

Ryan Syviel - Bossy,Rude,impatient,loud,arrogant,stubborn,and has a cursing habit;all with an annoying accent.

Despite these negative traits,Ryan is extremely powerful and a superb swordman.

His leadership skills are without question,even around veteran war generals.

His ability to order around of any number of people,no matter how many,is legendary.

Probably one of most dangerous traits is his fearlessness.He will NOT run from any enemy.

Lorana - Infamous as the angel of miracles.

She is completely oblvious to any concept of life or death.

Upbeat and cheerful,she mows down enemies with her tickle-me-pink bow.

Priscilla - known as the angel of disasters.

She is timid,clumsy,shy AND weilds a giant black scythe!

Her attack skills,though weak,pierce an enemy's high defense like paper.

Osmond - quiet and peaceful.He has been Ryan's friend since birth,it seems like.

He is generally the voice of reason in the group.

He prefers to take the safer route or take the enemy by surprise rather then attack them

head on like Ryan would.

Ezekiel - Formally known as the most evil and powerful wizard in all the land,he was

beaten into submission by Ryan.

He now serves Ryan as punishment for his wicked deeds.

Princess Natalie - The kind and gentle princess of Thessa.

She is quite possibly the only person Ryan cares more about than himself.

She is also the only one who can out match him in a sword fight!

After her kingdom was destroyed by Fianna,she set out with Ryan on his journey.

Her weapon of choice is the rapier.

For starters,we need to decide what kind of battle system we're going to use.

-Legend of Zelda(Map screen only battles) Created by Mr. Mo

-Fire Emblem(Tactical Battles) <---------**Favorite Choice** Created by GubiD

-Final Fantasy(Side View) Created by Derwulfman

-Or....ew....Normal.....(Standard RTP) Created by Enterbrain

Also,I put together a few sketches of the main characters,just to give you some ideas.

Note:I'm pretty bad at drawing so bear with me.

For Ryan,I was going for scruffy,untidy, two-hand swordsman.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes.../RyanSketch.jpg

For Osmond,I was going for that Buddist monk look.

You know,shaved really short,semi-bald

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes...smondSketch.jpg

For Natalie,I was going for princess in pesant's clothing.

While traveling with Ryan,a princess would never wear the frilly dress and the tiara.

That would be a bandit-magnet.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes...talieSketch.jpg

For the Battlesystem I would hate to see the Zelda one, since I hate map-screen-battle's. I love the Final Fantasy system since it is an RPG and if we use the Fire Emblem one it becomes more of an RTS/RPG witch is kind of cool in some way also..

now the drawings ^^

Ryan reminds me of Gareth from Golden Sun ^^ man, was he awesome!

Osmond looks cool, but I dont think that is the way a Bhuddist Monk dresses, maybe you can shave his hair off and give him a tail or something? Warrior-Monk style.

And last but not least, Natalie.. she looks awesome.. but she might want to lose the stupid hat and put on a Bandana ^^

just some little points, dont think I am attacking you or anything ^^

There are over a hundred different monk styles out there,so we have plenty of options.

I was just putting out roughly how I would draw him.

Bare in mind,so all monks are always perfectly bald,since baldness is kind of hard to maintain on the road.

As for Natalie,hat,bandana,hoody;doesn't matter,as long as she as something to cover her head.

So people can't just recognize her from behind.

Lorana and Priscilla

I drew this on the computer with paint.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes...Priscilla-1.png

Story Flow-(General Idea)

The player receives a "Rusty Sword" like Inuyasha's untransformed Tetsaiga(however you spell it);a piece of junk sword that's useless in battle.

he must go to the four corners of the world,seek out the four gods and get each one of them to bless his sword.Then,he goes back to the place where he got the sword,and it turns into the Final Destiny.

Mapping- I want to make the planet seem as much like Earth as possible,not modern day ofcourse,more like

Medieval times.

Since he has to go to the four corners of the globe,we can use lots of different maps!

Like Asian Villages for the Eastern Region,and Native American Villages for the Western Region.

Ever played Wild Arms 2,Legend of Dragoon,or Skies of Arcadia?

I want us to have big world maps like those.Or at least as big as Chrono Cross.

Id also like to see a Machina Village, like in Final Fantasy X, the Al Beth with there Machina :) A village of isolated people that went down the path of Science instead of Magic. Maybe we can have a Gunman as party member later on ^^

Id also like to see a Machina Village, like in Final Fantasy X, the Al Beth with there Machina :) A village of isolated people that went down the path of Science instead of Magic. Maybe we can have a Gunman as party member later on ^^

Hm...I like it!

Like in Dark Cloud,Osmond had a laser beam gun,but the problem with that was he made that cute little

cat girl with a slingshot obsuleet.He literally replaced her,sadly.

Laserbeam gun >Slingshot

She could jump over road blocks;He could fly over them with no effeort at all.

Anyway,want to have like a girl gunner?Like Maria in Star Ocean?

Or how about a Sharpshooting guy,like Irvine from Final Fantasy 8.

Ideas for Lancer and Thief:

Lancer- Captain of the Natalie's royal guard and son of a wealthy nobleman.

He was practically born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

He is dashing,handsome and heroic.

He only has eyes for Princess Natalie.

In some other reality,he would have been the hero of this story as the steriotypical "knight in shining armor".

He serves as Ryan's rival,creating a love triangle.

Forcibly joins the party along side Natalie for her protection.

Personality:Either Obnoxious or maybe gentle,kind and wise like Yuki(from Fruits Basket*)

Both personalities would clash violently with Ryan's.

Element Attribute should be opposite of Ryan's.

Like if Ryan is fire,this guy would be water.

*For those not familiar with Fruits Basket,here's some pictures to show what I'm talking about.

-Here's a picture of Yuki and Kyo arguing.

You can visualize the lancer and Ryan arguing.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes.../YukiandKyo.jpg

-Here's Yuki protecting Toru.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes...ectingTouru.jpg

Imagine the lancer protecting Princess Natalie.

-Here's Yuki flirting with Toru.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes...ukiandTouru.jpg

Imagine this being how the lancer would flirt with Natalie.

Other example is from Mamotte Shugogetten

This guy being the arrogant jerk.The lancer could have this personality type instead.

Considering Ryan to be a lowly peasant,not worth the princess's time.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes...gogettenPic.jpg

As I said before,it doesn't matter which personality the lancer has,either of these would clash with Ryan's personality like oil and water;vinager and baking soda;or Coke and Menthos!

As long as they hate each other,it doesn't matter.

Thief- A malnorished child just trying to survive.At no older twelve,was abandoned on the street.

Makes off with all of the party's gold. Recruited upon capture and being allowed to live.

Uses:Lock picking,can fit into small spaces such as air ducts,narrow crevices,etc.

-------------Classes----------

Key:

One "*" is very low Stats:(50-100),HP/SP(1500-3000),Eva (0-10) at max level.

five "*"'s is very high.Stats:(850-999),HP/SP(8000-9999),Eva (70-100) at max level.

Heavy Blade Fighter(Ryan's Class)

HP-*****

SP-**

Atk-*****

Def-****

MDef-**

Str-*****

Dex-***

Agi-**

Int-*

Eva-*

Monk/Priest(Osmond's Class)

HP-****

SP-****

Atk-***

Def-***

MDef-****

Str-**

Dex-****

Agi-****

Int-*****

Eva-**

Fencer(Natalie's Class)

HP-****

SP-***

Atk-***

Def-**

MDef-***

Str-***

Dex-*****

Agi-*****

Int-***

Eva-***

Lancer

HP-*****

SP-**

Atk-****

Def-*****

MDef-**

Str-****

Dex-***

Agi-**

Int-**

Eva-*

Thief

HP-**

SP-*

Atk-**

Def-*

MDef-*

Str-**

Dex-****

Agi-*****

Int-*

Eva-*****

Archer/Gunner

HP-***

SP-**

Atk-***

Def-**

MDef-**

Str-***

Dex-*****

Agi-*****

Int-*

Eva-***

-------------Classes after class change(Optional)-----------

Lord Knight(Ryan's Class)

HP-*****

SP-***

Atk-*****

Def-*****

MDef-***

Str-*****

Dex-****

Agi-***

Int-**

Eva-**

Great Monk/High Priest(Osmond's Class)

HP-*****

SP-****

Atk-*****

Def-****

MDef-*****

Str-****

Dex-*****

Agi-*****

Int-*****

Eva-***

Blade Lord(Natalie's Class)

HP-*****

SP-****

Atk-****

Def-***

MDef-****

Str-****

Dex-*****

Agi-*****

Int-****

Eva-****

General

HP-*****

SP-***

Atk-*****

Def-*****

MDef-***

Str-*****

Dex-****

Agi-***

Int-***

Eva-**

Assassin

HP-****

SP-***

Atk-*****

Def-***

MDef-**

Str-****

Dex-*****

Agi-*****

Int-**

Eva-*****

Sniper

HP-****

SP-***

Atk-****

Def-***

MDef-***

Str-****

Dex-*****

Agi-*****

Int-**

Eva-****

Idea for animated cut scenes.

Anyone know any scripts to flash pictures on the screen?

maybe play a really long 'ME' during the script?

Could probably do it with eventing...I'm not sure.

I'm willing to draw the pictures,if anyone knows how to make them flash on the screen like a flash player does?

If so,we could add like cartoon-anime cut scenes to the game.

Idea for animated cut scenes.

Anyone know any scripts to flash pictures on the screen?

maybe play a really long 'ME' during the script?

Could probably do it with eventing...I'm not sure.

I'm willing to draw the pictures,if anyone knows how to make them flash on the screen like a flash player does?

In my files I have a script that can play flash movies onto RMXP. I don't know how to use it, but someone else might!

I forgot where I got it from, however. I think it was a long time ago on RMXP.org.

In my files I have a script that can play flash movies onto RMXP. I don't know how to use it, but someone else might!

I forgot where I got it from, however. I think it was a long time ago on RMXP.org.

Sounds nice. Does it need an SDK?

We'll have to try it out.

RMXP.org is that site with no moderators,right?

So,everyone there just says and posts whatever on there no matter how offensive.

Sounds evil.. no admins.. But than again, emily is evil also :) anyway, back to topic for me.

Does anyone have idea's for Maps that need to be made already? Cause at the moment my project ( Pokémon Johto, also found on this forum ) is nearing its first release and I need something else to do :)

Sounds nice. Does it need an SDK?

We'll have to try it out.

So,everyone there just says and posts whatever on there no matter how offensive.

Would that be this script?

http://rmxpunlimited.net/index.php/rmxp/rg...-flash-v10.html

(oh yeah, we have scripts too)

If it is that script, then I highly recommend not using it. All it does is place the flash movie over top of RPG Maker XP, it doesnt play in the game at all. Its just an illusion.

If there was such a script that could play flash files, i'm sure we would all know about it. It would be a huge revelation and would introduce a new scripting language(action script). Though I could be proven wrong, I don't follow RMXP anymore.

Define flash onto the screen? I can do basic animation in flash(seriously basic), but as far as getting those flash animations into RMXP, we'd have to convert them into .avi movies. That would largely increase the file size however.

Cartoon/Anime cutscenes are sorta not really going to happen(sorry to be negative). To animate like in Anime takes professional skill and heck of a lot of time. Perhaps in a commercial game it would be an option, but at the moment thats a bit big. But thinking big is good. Also you'll notice that most scenes have detailed(like photoshop quality) backgrounds which arn't animated.

I think would have anime styled screens with text down the bottom. I suppose that's the next best thing. Good quality pictures/cutscenes, just not animated.

Oh, and sorry to interrupt the discussion... :P

I recommend a cutscene setup like in the Fire Emblem series. Takes up minimal memory, and it is fairly easy to do. In addition, you don't NEED a script to do it.

Eh? Usually in my experience there are moderators active all the time, yet since they're pretty much A-holes themselves they might let some things slide.

I was thinking, being an artist myself, that maybe I could do some character design, or maybe enemy design if you want. I could send some rough sketches to you guys if necessary.

I recommend a cutscene setup like in the Fire Emblem series. Takes up minimal memory, and it is fairly easy to do. In addition, you don't NEED a script to do it.

You mean the talking cut scenes?or the battle cutscenes?

Define flash onto the screen? I can do basic animation in flash(seriously basic), but as far as getting those flash animations into RMXP, we'd have to convert them into .avi movies. That would largely increase the file size however.

Could we? Most anime-cartoon games only have one or two movie clips,they do take up a ton of memory.

Chrono Trigger for example only had one for the intro,one for the ending,and a mini clip to introduce

a main character.

Wild Arms and Wild Arms 2 only had a movie clip for the intro.

As long as we have one heck of an intro,I don't mind drawing it.

Idea for Dancer

Sold to a cruel nobleman by her poverty stricken family,the young girl is forced to dance to near exaustion day after day.She is inadvertantly rescued by Ryan's group during their raid on the nobleman's mansion.

She eagerly joins the group out of gratification,and due to cheery personality and skimpy outfit,none of the men object.

Dancer's role in battle

Dancer is mostly a support class.Being both weak in melee and magic,she seems almost useless at first.

Combined with low HP and defense,she seems too delicate for battle.

However,she comes with lots of power-up skills,curses,and Confusion/Stun spells.

In addition,her agility and evade are second only to the Thief class.

She can also learn low level magic via spell scrolls,though she would never be mistaken for a Mage.

---Dancer---

HP-**

SP-*

Atk-*

Def-*

MDef-**

Str-*

Dex-**

Agi-****

Int-***

Eva-****

Maybe a good skill for the Dancer is that she can make units move or attack twice a turn ? But with a limit of 5Times per battle or something :)

And how about making the main character a bit more 'evil' power obsessed, instead of the more dumb, brutal swordsman with the hearth of gold?

For instance that he gets visited in visions by the Right hand Man ( a magician ) of the main villain, something like in Warhammer 40k: Dawn of war.. And that he gets temped to cross over to the dark side, and maybe after pillageing a castle and village or two the party finds out that Ryan was lying to them to do evil stuff :)

Maybe a good skill for the Dancer is that she can make units move or attack twice a turn ? But with a limit of 5Times per battle or something :)

I have no clue how to do that lol.

It would take very advanced scripting.Possiblly an "Else" chain script throughout the movement system.

Like "If actor1_state = 7,return $player sec_move.new,Else = nil. or something like that.

And how about making the main character a bit more 'evil' power obsessed, instead of the more dumb, brutal swordsman with the hearth of gold?

For instance that he gets visited in visions by the Right hand Man ( a magician ) of the main villain, something like in Warhammer 40k: Dawn of war.. And that he gets temped to cross over to the dark side, and maybe after pillageing a castle and village or two the party finds out that Ryan was lying to them to do evil stuff :)

Nooooo.Being simple-minded and brutal is cool. He raids the evil nobleman's mansion to help the nearby village.Ryan is too stubborn to be controlled by anyone,magic or otherwise.He is always very honest with everyone.Even if it's considered just plain being mean.Plus Natalie is a princess and Osmond is a Monk/Priest(haven't decided).They would never allow him to harm innocent villagers.

Ideas for a chapters

Lorana's Past

In this chapter,the party learns that Lorana and Priscilla are like genies.

They grant their masters' wishes,but instead of only getting three,they pay a different price.

For each wish granted,their master loses one whole year off of his life.

Each human has a specific number of years,they are allow to remain in this world.

After they have out lived that number of years,the Angel of Death comes for them.

Any human taken by the Angel of Death can never be revived.

Not even Lorana,the Angel of Miracles,can bring them back.

The party learns about Lorana's previous master,Caleb,who wished for immortality,and to stay with Lorana forever.

Sadly,when his time was up,the Angel of Death took him.

Lorana was devastated.

This is why she turned herself into her child form,to block out her memories of Caleb or any of her other masters.

Later in the game,Caleb mysteriously reappears,revived by Dark Magic,he is now comepletely evil.

He orders Lorana to return to her true form and anihilate Ryan's group.

Unfortunately,Lorana is still bound by magic law to obey her former master's wishes.

-Boss Battle-

Caleb and Lorana

End of Chapter Rewards

Lorana and Priscilla both get a "Release" skill.

Release,when used,transforms them into their adult forms.

Other notes:

After this chapter,the party begins to realize that there is something else behind everything that's happened.

A sinister force which is controlling everything,maybe even the great dragon goddess,Fianna.

Perhaps an evil will which desires to drive the world into chaos.

Sounds good, Angels of death.. Shinigami style ^^

Angel of Death, Shinigami, Death God, Soul Reaper, Grim Reaper, Pilot of the River of Styx

All the same,Although...You never want to see either of those....

We could have one appear as a neutral character.

He/She would be lvl 99 with perfect stats and instant death magic,and have him take out a fated-to-die person right in front of Ryan and the party.

This would give the player a vivid idea of how powerful you'd have to be to fight death.

Also for our HP 0 state,lets keep it like Knock-Out and we should have Smelling Salts instead of Phoenix Downs or Angel Prayers or Revival Powders.

Dead/Decapitation will be states only Lorana can cure.

Idea for Alt. Ending and Main villain

The group finds out that Fianna is being controlled by someone.

So,rather killing her as the originally planned,they break the spell.

Now free,Fianna allows the group to ride on her back,and she takes them to the dark castle in the sky

where the main villain lives.

-The main villain-

I was thinking of like a Naraku from Inuyasha.

Naraku is a great villain.His name literally means "Hell" in Japanese.

He's deceptive,crafty,shady,and very obsessive.

The ultimate villain does not just hate others,but also draws pleasure from everyone's suffering.

I can't thing of any good names for him at the moment.

A lot of the best names also mean something that describes the character.

Ryan means "little king",a prince with a king's potentials.

Osmond means "divine protector",great name for a monk or priest.

Natalie means...er..."birthday"....okay not all my names have cool meanings.

Ezekiel means "Strength of God."....probably not the best name for an evil wizard...but...

Lorana means "the queen".

Priscilla means "from the past".

I doubt a Great Dragon Godess would be controled by some Evill Wizard.. Maybe a party member could be controled ? Like in Final Fantasy IV

dragons can be controlled easy.

Especially by like a Naraku character