New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Sign in to follow this  
EmilyAnnCoons

RMXP Unlimited Productions Presents Final Destiny

Dragons yes, but the story calls her a dragon GODESS like, in GODLIKE <.< I'd say Godlike beeing control Wizards, not the other way around ^^

Then the main villain should be even stronger.

An entity of darkness older than God or gods,that's existed since the universe began.

Evil incarnate.This being can only be "defeated",but never truly destroyed.

The ultimate unholy will that corrupts the entire world;causing wars,plagues,famine,bringing misery to all.

The Source of all Evil.

It's ultimate goal is the End of everything;The start of the Apocalypse.

Each time It fails,It reincarnates after a thousand years,and tries again,growing more and more powerful

with each attempt!

In this attempt it takes hold of Fianna and consumes her,causing her to annihilate city after city.

Think of it like Sin in Final Fantasy 10.

Each time it's killed,it just comes right back after a calm period.

Like a weed,you can cut it down all you want,it'll just grow back.

You have to pull out down to it's roots if you really want it gone.

Remember,(I'm speaking in the literal sense here)

Darkness was around LONG before there was ever any light.

Darkness is everywhere and would consume everything.

The Light merely keeps it at bay.

Despite being considered "bad",darkness enables us to see JUST as much as light does.

Too much darkness,and you're blind!

Too much light,and you're still blind!

-Another idea for animated cut scenes-

Think this could work?

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o69/jes...edcutscenes.jpg

If we put the animations together,like a puzzle in an animation,and have them semi-cover the screen.

They could only be 10 seconds long at max though....

Maybe for a talking scene of one character?

Then run another animation for the other character's response.

Are you guys looking for a sound guy? I'd be willing to help you out with music....It's mid format, but I can easily convert to other things. (mp3, wav, ogg, etc)

Formlesstree has some good musix made, I heard them ^^

And for the Evil Incarnate, I love it :) the darkness would just come back.. true evil can never be destroyed..

this would make a nice ending, for a 2nd Game ^^ where the Evil Comes Back!

-Weapons and Armor Upgrade System-

Base Material(How the player can make it from scratch or upgrade their current armor):

Wood(Made from logs)

Bone(Made from monster bones and wood)

Copper(Made from copper ore)

Bronze(Made from copper and tin ore)

Iron(made from iron ore)

Steel(Made from iron ore and coal ore)

Mithril(Made from Steel and Low-Level Magic enchantment)

Adamant/Diamond(Made from Diamonds and Mithril)

Rune(Made from adamant and Mid-level magic enchantment)

Dragon(Made from Dragon Bones and rune)

So wait, am I in or not?

Well, as far as I know the project is not yet in 'real' development.. Otherwise someone should correct me and point me into the right direction on where to find the Topic with all the games Progress, Members and unforfilled Spots.

Well, as far as I know the project is not yet in 'real' development.. Otherwise someone should correct me and point me into the right direction on where to find the Topic with all the games Progress, Members and unforfilled Spots.

I'm just laying out ideas.

That's all I've been doing for the past few days.

It was Emily's idea originally for everyone to take part.So everyone can help.

This game is to be this site's trademark.

First off though,we need character sprites and battler portraits,but

I don't want to see crap just pulled out of a Face Maker or Character Maker,got it?

We can do much better than that.

Second,I was hoping we could have all original maps.

Like a castle or a thick forest.

We could even do isometric maps and make the game look 3D.

Let's not use any default RTP maps at all.

Third,Original Music.

Know anyone who can play the keyboard or piano or something?

Original music is essential for a really great RPG.

Background music is fairly easy to make.It's mostly a simple melody played over a loop,but getting it to loop properly can be very tricky.

Lastly,We still everyone to agree on one type of battle system.

Just please...anything but default....

I have original music, if you do want it. I wrote it completely :)

It's not just a piano, it usually includes other instruments.

If you want a sample of my 'latest' work, I can attach it.

Second,I was hoping we could have all original maps.

Like a castle or a thick forest.

We could even do isometric maps and make the game look 3D.

Let's not use any default RTP maps at all.

I don't know if you know this, but an RMXP Unlimited project has been attempted twice before.

No default RTP maps? I don't mean to offend you of cut you down, but that will almost definitely cause this project to fail. RTP is your friend, you may not like it, but the great thing about it is it exists.

Unless of course you have non-rtp tilesets in surplus. I think you should use RTP where you're missing the custom stuff. If you try and go all out original you're going to get a lot of pressure and the poor artists will have to work their asses off(if there are any).

I've never got the idea of substitute resources through Emily's head. But, you can use resources that are not 100% what you are looking for and change them later. Don't let lack of resources halt progress.

I have original music, if you do want it. I wrote it completely smile.gif

It's not just a piano, it usually includes other instruments.

If you want a sample of my 'latest' work, I can attach it.

Post it :)

I don't know if you know this, but an RMXP Unlimited project has been attempted twice before.

No default RTP maps? I don't mean to offend you of cut you down, but that will almost definitely cause this project to fail. RTP is your friend, you may not like it, but the great thing about it is it exists.

Unless of course you have non-rtp tilesets in surplus. I think you should use RTP where you're missing the custom stuff. If you try and go all out original you're going to get a lot of pressure and the poor artists will have to work their asses off(if there are any).

I didn't know that. Twice,before?

Well,as I've been saying,all my ideas I've posted are just suggestions.

No offense to you formlesstree, but your compositions are really, REALLY simple, which is great for some songs, but the soundtrack could get rather samey if it were all you. That being said, I'd also like to stretch my composition muscles for this project. I was more or less the leader for the LAST time we tried a community project. Listen to Mark. RTP is good. Anyway, I think I'll also upload a few songs onto Youtube to see what you folks think. Mind you I only have a right headphone at the moment, so the panning will be off.

RMXP World Map.mp3

Wark.

'Tis a quick World Map tune for you folks.

PS: I don't know how to get rid of those last seconds of silence. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Please don't double post, just edit...I know there has been a lot of double posting...which I probably will not go back and fix, but please, if you were the last to post, simply hit the edit button unless its been about 24 hours, okay? Thank you.

its been awhile since anyone posted something.

I was thinking about the story flow ideas.

1.Disaster- show the ending of the game first,the worst possible out come.

This gives the player a very good idea of what the game is about.

Example- Ephermal Fantasia, Higurashi No Koro(When the Cicaida Cry)

2.Progression- just builds over time.Giving the player a little info at a time.

Used in most games.The characters solve one problem at a time.

Without knowledge of their main goal until towards the end.

Example- Legend of Dragoon, Sailor Moon

3.Prophecy- Show the player very undetailed imagines to build suspense.

the player goes through the game with that knowledge wanting to know why.

Example-Chrono Cross when Kid(lead female) is stabbed by Serge(hero).

4.Basic Quest- gives the player a very simplistic goal,but endless problems arise along the way.

Example- Ash becoming a Pokemon master.(He never made it...)

Uuhhhhhh..... *shrivel shrivel* Pokemon reference. Has anyone heard of Elluminate? We could file share with three people at once for free. That way we could all see game progression without constantly uploading projects.

My two cents....

I would like to ask about the progress of this project... I know I haven't been helping out any, but I'm also unsure of what I can do to help out. I feel this project hasn't made any headway since it started, though. If that is the case, I may consider shutting it down as it just didn't work. I may consider retrying it again, but this time in a different way. We will have to see, but in either case, I'll give a little bit for the main developer of this project (and as such leader) to respond. If I don't see a response in a while, though (maybe 2 weeks or so) then I will most likely close it, as that tells me that, if the leader isn't talking, then the leader probably quit.

Well I think this project could really get somewhere if we really worked at it. We just need to get more organized, like have (in the first post) a list saying whose working on maps, music and so forth; members then send their work to you, Emily (assuming you are the production director/leader) and you would form/copy the good ideas/maps/music(and so forth) into the project. I am improving my mapping everyday and would be willing to contribute to this project.

C'MON PEOPLE LETS DO THIS!!!

I've already given you guys a ton of ideas. I've been mostly holding back to see what everyone else came up with. I was hoping someone could make character sprites based off the pictures I drew.

I'm not sure who the main developer is, I thought it was Emily.

I don't know how many read this,but this is the opening scene I thought of for Final Destiny(Ishtar Chronicles Zero).

In script format.

http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1760

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,I also thought of two new high level character classes:

Hero- A person of great valor who willingly and unconditionally sacrifices his/her life in order to save the life of another person.(That's why they say,"Don't be a Hero!")

Saint-An exceptionally holy person who lived a humble life helping others willingly and unconditionally.(A person is not recognized as a Saint until after death!)

These are reincarnation classes.

The character will literally have to die and be brought back to life in order to become one of these.

Hmm...well, it's true that I was the one who decided to do it and everything, but since I know the least about the project (probably anyway) it wouldn't be smart for me to be leader. I figured Jesse, being the one whose idea was being used, was the leader...I guess I'll leave that one up to you guys then, but I really can't do much in the way of being leader without knowing the project a lot better then I do, thus I recommend Jesse being leader, since Jesse knows the most.

Ok I was thinking we could make the game with a lot of characters,like Fire Emblem or Chrono Cross.

Have an entire army of followers for Ryan's group to fight the dragon.

If anyone wants to add their own personal character,here's the format:

(Note: All characters should be original and not copy-righted trade marks!)

Elemental Attribute: Fire, Water, Wind, Thunder, Light, Dark

Classes: Rank 1 -> Rank 2

(Note: We can't have too many characters that start off Rank 2,as they are a lot more powerful than Rank 1.)

Swordman -> Sword Master

Lancer -> Halberder

Axeman -> Berserker

Acolyte -> Monk

Cleric -> Priest

Archer -> Sniper

Gunner -> Heavy Arms Master

Mage -> Wizard

Thief -> Rogue

Hitman -> Assassin

Ninja(Rank 2 only) *NO Naruto!!!*

Bard -> Minstrel

Dancer -> Gypsy

All characters need at least 3 pictures:

Character sprites,Portrait,and full picture,and a tidbit of information describing the character.

(Example)

Mimi.png

Mimi -Fire;Swordman. Mimi is a young girl from a small village that was ravaged by the Great Dragon.

To avenge her parents' deaths,she joins Ryan's group on their quest to slay Fianna.

CHOOSE A BATTLE SYSTEM!!!

We never even decided on a battle system,did we?

Okay, I picked two completely different types that I liked best.The type of battle system obviously effects the gameplay and maybe the storyline significantly.

Type 1 is limited to a 4 person group and has animated battlers instead of boring pictures.

Not a lot of scripting just a lot of drawing.

Battlepic1.jpg

Type 2 is Fire Emblem style with unlimited characters per battle,but involves a TON of scripting!

...and even I don't fully understand how it works yet.Plus the battles have to be hand-made for each fight.

Sooo it's NOT for a random battle-type game.Requires no addtional pictures cause it can use the map screen sprites.

Battlepic2.jpg

Due to the fact this project has been in production since September (4 months) and there has been no headway made, I am shutting this project down. Sorry, but it just isn't working. Within the next few days (depending on my work schedule) I will start up another one in a hope to try and get people working on a project once more. I will do my best to head the project, and I apologize if I may seem a little like a drill sergeant while getting it together, but I hope that those who join in on it will stick together and we can get a lot of work done on it. I will update again when my work schedule allows.