New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Black Shadow

The Screenshot Thread

Full size pweeze?

It looks good from here, but I wanna see the whole thing. Take a screenshot and copy the direct link.

Not letting this one die.

Here's a screenshot from me:

2m79chs.png

I've been trying to find a new colour for the trees and the grass on the RTP graphics. Screenshot may be a bit dark.

Hm, those bulky brown rocks look out of place.. I'm not a big fan of giant rocks everywhere when you have no idea where they came from. Sometimes people pull it off. But, this is one of those times, when you don't.

LEGEND:

Red circles = ODD

Blue Squares = Odd, but fits, sort of..

post-14714-043617000 1288543803_thumb.png

I liked the old screen aswell, but I didn't think before I placed the bigger rocks. When I removed them,it looked a bit better.

Edited by Black Shadow

Not letting this one die.

Here's a screenshot from me:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l104/Dennis88_2006/2m79chs.png

I've been trying to find a new colour for the trees and the grass on the RTP graphics. Screenshot may be a bit dark.

I could never have any corrections for your map but I do have some suggestions. You can try and see if it makes it look cooler; if not then I'll shutup. xD

The path at the end looks just a bit linear. Just a bit. :3

Try putting the mushrooms under a shadow of some sort. Perhaps under a tree or edit it to be connected to the rock. 'Cause mushrooms like darker areas right? Just a suggestion.

That map inspired me. Thanks! ^~^

Also could you spare that water tile?

Uhh... doesn;t happen very often, but you;re inspiring me, lol. I hardly ever feel like playing an RPG maker game, but now I wanna play yours!

Urghhhhhhhhh... *Drolls on laptop* Dang, I also am inspired and can't make any corrections. Once again, BRAVO!! What game is this, by the way? The Ageia Saga, or is that something else?

BTW, Chief, why do you always put a semi-colon for your apostrophes?

No, it's something I accidentally started a habit of doing. I went a week without my laptop, and had to use a different keyboard, now I have trouble hitting the apostrophe, and now I sometimes hit the semicolon... lol

Edited by Chief

...you;re inspiring me, lol. I hardly ever feel like playing an RPG maker game, but now I wanna play yours!

Same here. The maps are amazing, Black Shadow.

I really love this thread.

Two pictures of my Memento Mori project, made basically of original rtp but modified with photoshop effects and adds on.

I now they are not really in-game pictures 'cause I made them just for the intro, but I like this kind of screenshots.

med_gallery_13657_97_63855.jpg

sorry, big size.

gallery_13657_97_8763.jpg

Good screenshot, I like the desaturated look and mapping technique. Maybe the dirth path is a little to straight, but apart from that: great :)

Tried to be a little more original with rtp tilesets:

(spot the mistake btw, lol)

naamloos7b.png

Two mistakes actually. The trees next to the building look odd.

Its a really awesome map btw. : D nice screen tone too.

And you too BlackShadow. :>

bam, this is one of the two styles im designing, it's kinda cartooney were as my other is realistic (in a slightly cell shaded style)

fci2dz.png

Wow that's a cool screenshot! I love your cartoony style, its awesome! Makes me want to make a Mario game or a Spyro game xD

Will you be making a game out of those? I'd love to see what you'd with it :)

Here are a few maps from my game.

Inn:

6sgsra.jpg

Pub:

1108uip.jpg

And here is an unfinished cave I'm making:

2dlurm8.jpg

:D thanks and i'm not sure if I will make a game out of it yet or with the other style ive got in development

nice layouts btw :3

what do people think?I got bored and designed ancient castle ruins, and yes, that armoured guy is a playable character

Everything is in sketch form, but considering I did it in about 25 mins

Large screenshot below

xpmome.png

It looks good for a 25 minutes sketch. However, it is very empty behind the hero. Add some grass, tress, or if it is a dead area make dead plants.

Thanks guys! :33 The maps took me twenty minutes apiece, I had my sister helping me xD

So I was thinking as I mapped "I really want a house built off the ground" so I looked around at some real life pictures and decided to build a new tileset with both land and "off the ground" house capabilities. What do you guys think? Its supposed to be like an apartment house, sorta like an Inn, but the player can't sleep in it xD

2nqcglt.jpg

The houses themselves are sorta blank, I just wanted to test the tileset out xD

Edited by CrimsonInferno

I don't want to be an ass, but the interior map really isn't that good. It's too big and has no logical design. I have seen worse, but i wouldn't call it good either.

The cave design looks okay so far, no straight walls or anything.

The house on pillars looks original and okay except for the roofs. Just 2 tiles of roof? That's a really narrow house you have there ;) The middle part with 3 rooftiles looks better. Also the grass and flower pathes seem to rectangular.

Could you maybe provide something to help me fix the inside of my houses?

Yes, the house was just quickly laid down, I was testing out the tileset I made :) I'm messing around with the tilesets, seeing how to use them properly and stuff like that. This is the most recent. Someone on another forum also pointed out the grass/flowers and dirt path, so I decided to edit it as well. Here is something, although I'm still editing (still being made and edited). I only recently started mapping xD

whkumx.jpg

Do you have any non rectangular grass and flower autotiles? Mine for some strange reason, only makes squares... :C

Edited by CrimsonInferno