New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Black Shadow

The Screenshot Thread

Yeah, it is cool, but a little bit too cool.

Do you have anything to say about my maps? Preferably this one?

coudyforest1.png

Looks a wee bit crowded but otherwise it's great

lol, I don't care if you think it's crowded. :P

Thanks for the criticism though. :P

Hmm not sure if this is necroposting but it doesn't count for stickies, does it?

Anyway, this is my game's title screen. I am planning on modifying it soon, though, and fix some stuff.

48357195.png

Lovely great map overall, but one thing that bugs me. Your waterfall falls on the water and continue falling under it. As far as I know, waterfalls reach the water surface only and don't go under the water, am I right?

I had some difficulties with that waterfall. Since Im using events on the wall behind it, it looked so weird in game mode. But I think I've solved that now :)

Another screenshot from my game:

CursedLand-1.png

2lw52wz.jpg

9ter1e.jpg

My current game. I dumped the Jersey Devil one. I felt it was going nowhere. :P

Yes. I drew the hand in the title screen and the wall run that you see is still being configured. He'll be bouncin' off walls like the guy in Prince of Persia 4.

is that using XP? That looks awesome.

Pray tell me, what dimensions are your sprites? And do you have a template of the charset? They look neat.

What do you guys think of this awesome picture?

awesomew.png

Just kidding! lol

Real Map

Dang that is good. I could never make something like that. To hard to plop 1 thing on the map. How did you do it?

JK Good map. Whats the little thing on the right on dresser drawer above the textbox?

Dang that is good. I could never make something like that. To hard to plop 1 thing on the map. How did you do it?

JK Good map. Whats the little thing on the right on dresser drawer above the textbox?

That would be a pot my good friend :P.

The only orb that doesn't look amazing is the water one. Might wanna edit it with Fotoshawp a little bit.

Eh, I like it. I am still trying to get the motivation to work on it again. I usually work better with someone to talk to, atleast.

Here's the end product of my first experiment with RMXP. Obviously very small, just wanted to try everything out, see how stuff works. I have a few little events in there and a talking quest. Took me a while to figure out how to get a few of the things working properly, but now it's working great! The little story behind it, is that the stone behind me, the Dawnstone, has manifested me in hope of cleansing the world of black souls. The Dawnstone is what controls the balance of nature, and it does so through the energy of pure souls, now that the Valley of the Dawstone is beginning to die, the player has been created to rectify the world and lead them back on the path of the pure. After that lady infront of the character comes up to you praising the gods for your arrival, you go and talk to the lady in the far right, she redirrects you to the newly opened aura of the Dawnstone, it speaks to you telepathically and the aura jumps from the stone, to teh dead tree, and finally to the live tree and explains what's going on. Very happy with myself ^_^

untitled.png

mockupe.png

Here is a quick mock-up type map I made that resembles yours. Try to place details on a map like I did. I am currently writing mapping tutorials, so meanwhile practice and keep the following in mind:

Do not map in a linear style.

Try to look for errors; common ones include: cutting off shadows or edges with other tile, using a tile that doesn't fit with an adjacent tile, leaving blank areas.

Think about what you are placing on the map. For example, those stumps wouldn't be there, because there is no reason for someone to cut down a tree there.

By the way, welcome to the forums! I like your avatar!

Wow, that looks great. I'm still very very basic when it comes to skill level, I made it symmetrical to try and contrast, as one side is dying the other is alive, I agree the pond could look a bit more interesting but I dunno how to get those nice smooth edges, mine are very cubed. I still have a lot to learn, but I seem to be doing well with the events. Thanks for the tips, do-ly noted. :D