New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
FranklinX

The 2011 Best Game Trailer Contest

gallery_10621_20_87811.png

The most professional way to promote a video game is by making an awesome trailer. Trailers show the audience the game play and features. This element is one of the most important aspects. This aspect gets people interested in your games!

In this contest you will make a gamer trailer for your contest. You will have a month to make a game trailer. Use this month to work hard on your projects to be able to provide more game play footage. The quality of your games should be better with a month to work hard on your project.

Rules

1. All games must be original games. They cannot be fan games.

2. All contests can only enter games they made.

3. One game per contestants

Deadlines

A new thread will be made on January 11 to post your game trailer. All trailers must be posted by February 1 2011.

How to win

Members at RMXP Unlimited will vote for the best trailers. There will be rounds with matches between two or more contestants. The winner with the most votes in a match will go to the next round. I will give more details about the number of contestants in each match when I have a good number of sign ups.

Prizes

If your project has a team, the prize money will be divided among the team. In order to receive the prize money , you must have a paypal account. I will ask for your email address associated with your paypal account to send your prize money.

1st Place: $100

2nd Place: $50

3rd Place: $25

How to make videos

There are many different programs that allow you to record your computer as a video. I suggest Cam Studio because it is a simple program. I have made many nice videos with Cam Studio. You can edit videos with Windows Movie Maker or any other video editing program.

Participants

nanou-gr

Iannsolo

rgangsta

Enigma

gRaViJa

Project Trinity

Kaboth

Tomo2000

GameFreak001

Madanchi

Joy and the OotM team

Broken Messiah

Lyricalias

Edited by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

wow! that seems interesting! i hope i have something to show you till then! question! can you suggest us any lenght for our videos, or any programs to do it? i've never even tried something like that before!:(

this sounds like a really good competition :D and your actually going to give away that kind of money O.o

btw not every trailer needs gameplay footage, it can be great without it ;)

I might enter, it could be the trailer that propperly introduces my game (as i havnt released any more footage yet)

So does that mean I can't use Code Geass: Painful Memories and a game? I am not sure if it is considered a fan game since its not retelling the story exactly as it happened.

I don't have a paypal. :62:

I enter anyway just for fun.

My entry is OFFICIAL!

Do I have to decide which game I'm making a trailer for by January 10, because I already have two developing games in the work.

So does that mean I can't use Code Geass: Painful Memories and a game? I am not sure if it is considered a fan game since its not retelling the story exactly as it happened.

It is a fan game. Anything that uses characters from an official series is a fan game. Sorry. Do you have any other games?

Very intresting competition :) I have some questions:

I have an rmxp project, but i made the trailer in Sony Vegas. Can i join this contest or not?

I completed the trailer already a few weeks ago. Is this okay or should the trailer be made and completed during this competition?

If no, can i make a new version/update of the trailer and enter this competition with this trailer?

Edited by gRaViJa

well i enter, even though i know it's not gonna be good enopugh! anyway! my game is Forbiden realms: Nacir, and i've been working on it for a while. i hope it is enough!;)

Oh yeah! Mine is Gods of Control and it uses Kaduki's battlers... you'll find out more on the trailer :wink:

Having trouble with Minkoffs, so I'm using VX now. Found a LOT of kaduki stuff. Happiness.

Edited by laansolo

Very intresting competition :) I have some questions:

I have an rmxp project, but i made the trailer in Sony Vegas. Can i join this contest or not?

I completed the trailer already a few weeks ago. Is this okay or should the trailer be made and completed during this competition?

If no, can i make a new version/update of the trailer and enter this competition with this trailer?

The trailers can be made with any video editor.

Can I cheat by simply updating my old Al'asuiaga'ta trailer and updating some of the mechanics? ='3

Is it a game trailer?

I have a question actually 2...

How do I make a paypal of which your asking?

What do you mean by original?

and yes I would like to enter after I know what you mean. :)

just google paypal, you setup an account on there

lol heres the address anyway http://www.paypal.co.uk/uk

original, as in your own game, your own trailer (i mean like, not stealing the exact words, positioning and timings etc of another trailer)

Original is an original RPG Maker. It is not a fan game. It can be made with the RTP and original graphics. It just can't be a fan game for legal purposes.

I'll enter, sounds pretty awesome and the prize money is absolutely mind blowing; count me in for sure.

Count on Me to I'm In...

By Repling puts me in the Contest????

I was thinking of a Online form or Something...

Cause Money is involved. If not thats fine....

I will start working on My Game trailer for The game I'm Working on

"The battle for the Spheres" works prefect....

Is it a game trailer?

Yeah, actually. A trailer I made for a game for this forum not-too-long ago. I'd basically just be doing a more polished version of this trailer:

The trailers can be made with any video editor.

Okay, than sign me up :) i'm working on a new version of the trailer anyway as well so ^^ this is going to be intresting :) Good luck to everyone!

Edited by gRaViJa

what do you think is the most importan feature to show off? storyline? mapping? systems? i really don't know!:S

and also is it okay if i use a song from a know artist? for example lady gaga? :(just kidding there!:P)

I can't answer that question. I do not decide who wins! The members will vote for the winners!

ok ill enter.

im from usa so ill change the paypal thing to usa, which 1 should i use

Personal, Premier, or Business or does it matter on paypal?

Edited by kaboth