New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

RMXPU Mapping Contest #1

23 members have voted

1. 1. Round 2

• Map 1
    • Map 3
    • Map 4
    • Map 5
    • Map 6

please go here for round 2 voting http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/7984-rmxpu-mapping-contest-1-voting-round-2/

contest1banner.png

Here are the maps people submitted. Please vote for what one you think is the best.

I will not state who's map it is till the very end. This will prevent favoritism.

Map 1

7yJ9U.png

Map 2

EkHp0.png

Map 3

7HubD.png

Map 4

Smh9b.png

Map 5

DFXVI.jpg

Map 6

FbpTl.jpg

Map 7

N66pR.png

Welcome to the RMXP Unlimited mapping contest where you can show off your mapping.

In this contest you will be asked to make whatever map you wish.

You may work in a group if you wish. Prize will be split by how many people are in your group.

Rules:

-NO EVENTS IN THE FIRST ROUND!

-Any RPG Maker may be used

-Maps can be any size.

-Only 1 map per group

-Map must be created after starting time(i will know if it wasn't).

-Submit on time!

-Any tileset as long as its RTP or an edit of RTP.

-Fogs are allowed but only RTP fogs. No edits of fogs.

Contest Dates and Times:

Note: All times are Centeral US Timezone

Please go here to see the current time in that area.

I will give people till next Friday(the 4th) to enter the contest. After that date the contest will start and you will get 1 week to make your map. So all maps must be submitted by the end of Friday the 11th(When Skyrim is released). I will not accept maps later than Saturday night(11:59pm).

Submitting

All submissions will be submitted to me via PM(Private Message)

Submit map as a screenshot please.

You can also use this to take screenshots.

http://www.mediafire...a2zdjmyj9pcbaj2

Extract that to your game folder then run it. After that you can select the map you wanna take a picture of , ( press X - cancel button ) to get the diffrent options /fogs ,panorama etc.

Tutorial can be found here. http://img72.imagesh...9/tutorialp.png

Judging:

Judging will start Sunday the 13th by the public. Everyone is free to vote for what they think is the best map. Voting will be in 3 rounds. Every 3 days a new round will start.

Round One: 13th-16th

Round Two: 16th-19th

Final Round: 19th-22nd

Winners will be announced on my birthday on the 23rd.

Prizes:

Grand Prize: $20 USD worth of your game choice on the steam gaming platform.

1st Runner-up: 5000 Points

2nd Runner-up: 3000 Points

3rd Runner-up: 1000 Points

Contestants:

-Kevin.ds

-Kellessdee

-Kiriashi

-Bob

-Isaacsol

-Polraudio

-joman195

-Kailia

-GameFreak001

-Calvinchun

-GrimmHallows

-Heretic86

-Blackbound

-Foxkit

-Lizzie_S

-ShinyToyGuns

-Ecowolfsteen

-xXBrokenXx

-Serge

-Mr.Fiasco

If you want to be in the contest please reply saying you want to.

Well looks like I've been volunteered.

Dunno if I can beat Kevin though. He's quite the mapper. :3

/action puts on mappin' gloves.

EDIT: Also Lucas I don't quite understand when we are allowed to start.

I will give people till next Friday(the 4th) to enter the contest.

It will start Friday the 4th. So 1 week from now.

Sweet 3 people so far :drool: .

Well looks like I've been volunteered.

I wasn't sure if you were gonna enter or not so I rigged that :shifty:

I think we get to start november fourth?

pol beat me to it :biggrin_002:

Also how are these maps going to work (or be judged), like atmospheric, demo type maps? or just pictures of the map?

If it's an atmospheric map...would it be cheating to use scripting to add some flare to it??? :sweatdrop:

Also how are these maps going to work (or be judged), like atmospheric, demo type maps? or just pictures of the map?

If it's an atmospheric map...would it be cheating to use scripting to add some flare to it??? :sweatdrop:

Just picture for this contest. I may spice things up in Mapping Contest #2. I plan on making a series of mapping contest challenges after this one. The next contest i might have it where you use events/scripts to make the map feel alive.

Can we submit projects or demos that we have already completed, or do they have to be brand new maps created after the contest was started?

---

Edit

Also, in regards to using events / scripts to make the map feel alive, I think a contest the community could benefit from the most would be to use events to bring Characters to life. Like display a conversation with absolutely no dialogue, or something like that. I know I new here, and this statement would be better in its own thread (I'll split it if you want), but do you take suggestions for the next contest?

Edited by Heretic86

Heretic, No you can not reuse old maps. They must be started on the 4th of November.

As for the events and scripts, Pol said that would be allowed in later contests. ; )

MOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

Oooh. I should make banner for this for the forum index. AND THE FRONTPAGE.

MOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAR.

Oooh. I should make banner for this for the forum index. AND THE FRONTPAGE.

Good idea :alright:

/$\ ATTENTION /$\

In an attempt to spark activity, I will be giving $20 worth of steam game(s) to the grand prize winner.

Good luck peeps. Get mark. Get set... wait for the 4th.

MOAR PEOPLE!!!

I think I'll take a crack at it. It will give me a chance to sharpen my skills and work on something a little fresher...

---

Edit: One last questionon using the RTP Tilesets. Is it acceptable to use previously imported RTP Tilesets that have been merged? The importing by itself can be a total pain, but they are all RTP Tilesets that I intend to use, but, that means I will have to open a previously started project, I just intend to build it on a new map.

Heads up for everyone else, you better bring your BEST game, cuz I'm playin for keeps! That includes you, Kiriashi!

/competitive_spirit

Edited by Heretic86

Prizes:

Grand Prize: $20 USD worth of your game choice on the steam gaming platform.

1st Runner-up: 5000 Points

1st Runner-up: 3000 Points

1st Runner-up: 1000 Points

I would like to donate 636 Deviant Art Points(enough for a 3 month subscription) To the First Runner-up, but only the first one. I assume it's supposed to say 2nd and 3rd hehe.

I think I'll take a crack at it. It will give me a chance to sharpen my skills and work on something a little fresher...

---

Edit: One last questionon using the RTP Tilesets. Is it acceptable to use previously imported RTP Tilesets that have been merged? The importing by itself can be a total pain, but they are all RTP Tilesets that I intend to use, but, that means I will have to open a previously started project, I just intend to build it on a new map.

Heads up for everyone else, you better bring your BEST game, cuz I'm playin for keeps! That includes you, Kiriashi!

/competitive_spirit

As long as its RTP only.

I would like to donate 636 Deviant Art Points(enough for a 3 month subscription) To the First Runner-up, but only the first one. I assume it's supposed to say 2nd and 3rd hehe.

I think Kiriashi messed up when he was making the edits.