New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Polraudio

RMXPU Mapping Contest #1

23 members have voted

1. 1. Round 2

• Map 1
    • Map 3
    • Map 4
    • Map 5
    • Map 6

Pol, for family reasons at home I need to pull out of the contest. Could you remove me from the list or strike-through my name please. Sorry about this ^_^;

Aw.. That's really a shame. :<

ahh thanks for pointing that out ;)

You can still participate as a voter. ;D

2 hours left to PM your map. I will allow up to another additional 24 hours after that and that's it. Anything after Saturday 11:59pm will not be accepted.

Aha! So you're the one that broke the website!

Due to the technical issues, I believe that is more than fair.

I've also made the decision to withdraw from this contest. Two reasons. One. As you said, it gives budding mappers a fair opportunity to compete. Two. As I was working on my map, I realized that I am not happy unless I am pushing the boundaries, finding new boundaries, then pushing on them. That is when I am at my best. I had already used twelve cubic buttloads (not metric measurements) of events for graphics before I became aware that we were not allowed to use events for graphics. Thus, I had to make a decision. Either abandon what I had already created, or just say screw it. The condition of the map that I had originally intended to submit to the contest would violate some of the rules of the contest, namely, all of them. Like I said, screw it. If I am going to break rules, why hold back? Why? Because the decision I made was to withdraw from the contest and continue on making this little project everything I possibly could make it. This allowed me to not be held back by rules, only by my own creativity and how far I can push my own personal limits.

My map is complete, in regards to structure, however, it will not be submitted for the contest. But instead of one masterpiece of a map, you're gonna get sixteen smaller but absolutely phenomenal maps. The main map that I had grew into something else and took on a life of its own, and I had to continue breathing life into it for it to become reality. Essencially, a totally stucturally complete moderately difficult (difficulty about a 5 out of 10) large dungeon, which, if fleshed out with encounters, treasure, and story should take a player roughly an hour to fully navigate. When the time for submission has expired, I will make a new post in the RMXP Forum, as it is an extension of a project I am still working on.

The name of my map is Lightgeist Mountain.

I would like to remain active as a Judge for the maps that are submitted. However, I feel that the quality of this short very intense mapping session is such that if my map would have been eligible (I'm disqualified originally using events for graphics, but I just went ahead and broke the rest of the rules), that everyone would have needed a pat of butter because you'd all be toast! The bright side is you all still get to see what I've been busting my balls about 14 hours a day for the last week to create, and it wont upset the balance of the contest.

Best of luck to those members who have submitted their maps.

Edited by Heretic86

Ahaha, technically it was I that broke the site when I changed it from PHP 5.2 to 5.3, so sorry there. ^_^;

I have to withdraw, not enough time to finish map wacko.png

You could submit what you have as long there are some areas that are finished.

To be reasonable and fair, people sometimes bite off more than they can chew. They also have personal lives and cant spend every waking moment mapping. If I find areas that are obviously undeveloped, I don't think I could hold that completely against the mapper for considering the quality of the finished work.

@isaacsol: Don't you just love php upgrades? I had a system that totally got busted when I did an upgrade because they completely changed the way array_multisort() worked and had to rewrite nearly the whole app! :P

2 more hours to submit a map. Will not accept anything after that. Come on Kiriashi.

Time for submitting maps is over. I will open voting in the morning.

Wait, we could frankensprite pieces together?! I thought that counted as a custom resource?

Wait, we could frankensprite pieces together?! I thought that counted as a custom resource?

Yup I asked a bunch of time if "Frankenspriting" was allowed , in every way i thought of. I even demonstrated if the way i did it was allowed, and I got a YES a few times to, and Iam pretty sure you were in chat when I asked so you should't blame anyone but yourself for not paying attention