New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
Moonpearl

Moonpearl's Animated Custom Menu System

Sorry i didnt reply sooner but v2.0 is AWESOME AS HELL! I love the title screen.

Thanks Polraudio, your comments are always as pleasant to read. :)

I have one problem, when you use this script with a custom battle system script such as tenkentai it makes the "SKILLS" command look goofy as your "SKILLS" picture for the command in the menu.

That's normal. The script replaces texts by available text-images wherever they may appear in your project. Two simple ways to work around this issue:

• Draw similar images for other battle commands so that they all look the same
  • Edit your CBS script and replace the "Skills" by "Skills " (with a space in the end). This will make Ruby consider it as a different text and thus it won't be replaced by the text-image

You'll have to edit the CBS, thats what I do with Tenkentai and my CMS. It takes some reconfigurations, but it works easier then changing the CMS.

Edited by bigace

The greatest Menu I've ever seen! Congratulations to Moonpearl :)

If only could work together with the CTB of Charlie Fleed...

The greatest Menu I've ever seen! Congratulations to Moonpearl smile.png

Thanks! shifty.gif

If only could work together with the CTB of Charlie Fleed...

What's the matter with it?

I think it goes in conflict with your script. The reason...I totally don't know, I'm not familiar with RGSS. tongue.png

I'm not with my PC now, when I'll be, if you want, I can make screen on my desktop in order to let you see this error message.

Edited by ciccio92

As my faithful followers already know, it's been a while since I wrote the v2.00 for the Animated CMS. Back then I said it would take a while for me to update all themes to match this new version's specifications. Well I was damn right, it has taken a while. :P But now everything's up and working, and ready to work with my latest contribution, the Script Manager. Also, I made four different demos for each theme, since they don't include the script anymore, but rather read it from the Script Manager, and thus work with the exact same copy. Guess they will serve as demos for the Script Manager as well. ;)

Happy downloading and customizing... ACMS's true followers shall notice the few improvements I added to each theme...

O_O

This is amzing.I came here looking for a way to put pictures on my menu.but I instead found a masterpiece.The designs are incredible.All of the themes...wow...this is just amazing..I can't wait to use this Diamond with my game..Wow..

Edited by ElliotWyvern

Thanks guys, it's always nice to hear a kind word. :) Don't hesitate to feed me back with screens of my scripts in your project.

It's people like you that make me want to learn some programing. Even if it's just the most basic of scripts for performing a simple task. I want to be able to contribute something worthwhile, like this, to the community. All the fancy maps, awesome music and sleek graphics are nothing with out quality programming. Thanks for your contribution :)

All the fancy maps, awesome music and sleek graphics are nothing with out quality programming.

I couldn't agree more. Also, thanks for the compliment, it goes a long way. Programming the ACMS was anything but simple, though (even if it's basically just eye candy stuff). shifty.gif

Haha I never meant to say your script was simple. I imagine it took a lot of hard work. I only meant to say that anything I could offer would be simple but even if it was something simple I would love to contribute.

Okay I am new to RMXP and scripting is not realy my speciality..but I got in error...I think its to do with Script Manager?okay but heres the error:

""MP:Script Manager :Error while executing script

In MP Scene_Base > RPG

line 24 :uninitialized constant Module::Game_Switches""

In MP Scene_Base > RPG

Uh, my best guess is that you're not loading the RPG Maker XP Base Engine prior to the MP Scene_Base bundle. Go to your project's Scripts folder and open the Script Manager.ini file, there should be a line stating "RPG Maker XP Base Engine" before the one saying "MP Scene_Base". If there already is, it must be that you have forgotten to download the RPG Maker XP Base Engine bundle.

Okay(sorry if I'm a nuisance) I got it to work.Instead of RPG Maker XP Base Engine I wrote RPG MakerXP Base Engine,but know I got a new error:

In Animated Custom Menu System > Sprite Window

line 125:Undefined Method "width" for:NilClass""

Well I don't know what to tell you. It still sounds like the RPG Maker XP Base Engine bundle isn't installed properly, but I can't imagine a wrong way to do it which would result in the rest working, but not that part.

Did

Okay I am new to RMXP and scripting is not realy my speciality..but I got in error...I think its to do with Script Manager?okay but heres the error:

In MP Scene_Base > RPG

Did you possibly put it at the wrong place?

You are supposed to put scripts at the bottom, just above Main script.

Did you possibly put it at the wrong place?

You are supposed to put scripts at the bottom, just above Main script.

Not mine. They work on a manager which is able to load scripts from outside your projects. ElliotWyvern has likely run into a problem not following the installation instructions carefully enough... anyways there's little we can do for him without more information on his part.

I have to say Moonpearl, your always amazing me with your spiffy awesome scripts. It's looking really nice.

And your easy install is awesome. If you guys are having trouble with the script and are getting errors, either another script is interfering with it, or you installed it wrong.

I might just use this script for my next project, nice job!

I have to say Moonpearl, your always amazing me with your spiffy awesome scripts. It's looking really nice.

And your easy install is awesome. If you guys are having trouble with the script and are getting errors, either another script is interfering with it, or you installed it wrong.

I might just use this script for my next project, nice job!

Thanks Dolarmak. Sadly, the Script Manager doesn't seem as easy to handle for everyone. I wish I had both the courage and the time to write that GUI, then there would be no possible mistake anymore. However, I agree with you: it's very likely that other scripts conflict with mine.

Hey~

This menu is soooo awesome looking @_@

but it is not working for me D: I have tried a couple of times to get it to work, I even

deleted all of it and redownloaded everything to see if it would work...

I have gone through your tutorial several times as well (and looked on google and rmxp forums to see if anyone had the same problem as me, but I didn't find anything)

My first problem was that the stack level was too deep (but that was fixed when I removed the MP animated custom menu system folder from the shared folder because it was already in the demo, I am only using your demos at the moment, I haven't tried to put it into my own game yet)

For all of the menu demons I get this error when I try to open the menu:

MP Script Manager: Error while executing script

in RPG Maker XP Base Engine > Interpreter7

line 272: (eval):1:in 'command_355' undefined method 'mandatory' for

#<Game_Party:0x3b372c0>

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Also, does it make a difference if it is in Program files (x86) not just normal program files?

Hey~

This menu is soooo awesome looking @_@

Thanks for your appreciation.

but it is not working for me D: I have tried a couple of times to get it to work, I even

deleted all of it and redownloaded everything to see if it would work...

I have gone through your tutorial several times as well (and looked on google and rmxp forums to see if anyone had the same problem as me, but I didn't find anything)

My first problem was that the stack level was too deep (but that was fixed when I removed the MP animated custom menu system folder from the shared folder because it was already in the demo, I am only using your demos at the moment, I haven't tried to put it into my own game yet)

For all of the menu demons I get this error when I try to open the menu:

MP Script Manager: Error while executing script

in RPG Maker XP Base Engine > Interpreter7

line 272: (eval):1:in 'command_355' undefined method 'mandatory' for

#<Game_Party:0x3b372c0>

Do you know what I am doing wrong?

The messages you get suggest that there's a problem with your installation of the script bundles. Make sure you've installed all of the script bundles required to run the projects (if you're not sure about which to get, just get them all, it makes little difference regarding hard drive space anyways). If everything is installed correctly, then the demos should run without problems.

Thanks!

Also, does it make a difference if it is in Program files (x86) not just normal program files?

I believe it doesn't, as I've made installations on both XP and 7 systems and all went smoothly. The Scripts folder should be located in your Common Files/Enterbrain/RGSS/Standard folder anyways, so wherever that one is.

Thanks for the reply!

So I went and deleted all the old script bundles and downloaded all of them again from your page, I also redownloaded all your demos, the party interaction one works the best for me, but putting new people in the party (like the elf and thief) don't let me talk to the animal or open the chest.

However they do follow me properly hehe.

Anyways, I am getting an error now: MP Script Manager: Error while executing script

In MP animated Custom Menu System > Sprite_Window

line 31: stack level too deep

I saw someone on your website comment that they also had a similar problem, but the script manager.rb isn't in that folder.

I took some screen shots of my computer with the error message + the demo's folder, and the inside of my MP animated Custom Menu System folder.

And another of the Scripts folder in the shared folder :D

Thanks!!

Error.pngScriptsfolder.png

I don't know what to tell you. According to your screenshots, everything seems in perfect order. As you've installed both every script bundles and every demos of mine, you and I are technically running them in the exact same conditions (even the OS is the same), so it ust makes no sense that it would work on my side and not on yours.

As a last resort you can let go of the Script Manager and copy manually each script to your project's script editor, as you normally would with any other scripts. Just watch for the order (see the load_order.ini file in each bundle, if none exists it means the loading order doesn't matter at all). Sorry I can't help you more.

The scripts are inside the script editor. It's just that the demos weren't on Mediafire.  :grin: Fixed that just now.

The scripts are inside the script editor. It's just that the demos weren't on Mediafire.  :grin: Fixed that just now.

Thank you, however the Follow Party demo is Script Manger.