New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
EmilyAnnCoons

RMXP Unlimited Project Discussion

All polls here  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Main Character's Personality type?

• Happy,cheerful,with a tortured past.
    • Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief.
    • The Robin Hood type. A noble thief that steals for a divine purpose.
    • The silent hero.( A.K.A.: "Link") The hero doesn't really have a personality,it's most decided by the player's actions.
    • The cautious hero. Though,she has never been caught,she is well aware of the consequences. This type of thief steals for survival.
  2. 2. Character Name?

• Kate
    • Kairun
    • Kelly
    • Emily
    • Valerie
    • Other (post required! You must give a name if you pick this option)
  3. 3. Battle System?

• Action Battle System (think Zelda or Kingdom Hearts)
    • RMXP Default Battle System
    • Real-time Active Battle System (think Final Fantasy)
    • Tactical Battle System (no idea lol)

This is the place to discuss the new RMXP Unlimited Productions Project and "sign up" for your spot in the project. What I mean by that, is that this is the place to post your skills (yeah, I'm making you do it again) and from there we can set up an actual set up (I know we had one in the other topic, but I'd like to get a more exact listing if possible). Realize that, if you join up on this project you will be assigned a task to complete, and it will be your responsibility to get it to us in a timely manner. We will bug you, and if we have problems with people not handing over resources, we will begin to set deadlines.

Poll #1

Personality Idea #1: Happy,cheerful,with a tortured past.

This type of thief steals for survival.

Youtube Video ->

(Yes,the girl in this video did get gang-raped.)

Pros: This personality is very lively,a lot of dialog. She'll appear happy,but have a deep inner emotional pain.

Cons: Is prone to going psychotic when reminded of her past.

(Yes,I know in Ragnarok Online,she's actually a merchant class.)

-------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #2: Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief.

This type of thief steals for greed.

When caught,she has the amazing ability to make her captor look like the bad guy.

Screaming words like: "Help me!"and"Pervert!" draw a crowd very fast,enabling her to escape in the confusion.

Pros: a good stable personality.

Cons: this type of thief is used a lot,almost too much.

-------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #3: The Robin Hood type. A noble thief that steals for a divine purpose.

Stealing from the wealthy to feed the poor,or stealing what was already stolen to return it to its rightful owner.

Cons: VERY commonly used...

--------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #4: The silent hero.( A.K.A.: "Link") The hero doesn't really have a personality,it's most decided by the player's actions.

Cons: no dialog from the player. All questions and responses are simply understood by the NPCs.

---------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #5: The cautious hero. Though,she has never been caught,she is well aware of the consequences. This type of thief steals for survival.

When caught,she will desperately try to reason with her captor,explaining her actions as her last resort and

seeking pity from him to let her go.

Here's my first idea:

No title yet.

You play as a young knight in service to an evil emperor. His default name is Jeffrey,

but we could always change it put in a feature for the player to change it.

While raiding a house,Jeffrey discovers a baby hidden away in a bag of potatoes by her parents,

who were killed just minutes earlier.

With a change of conscience,he takes the baby with him to raise as his own.

This story was originally designed for a Parenting Sim,but we can shift the story to where the knight rebels against the emperor.

A young female knight oppressed for her gender by her Lord, sends her to find why her brother has defected from the Knighthood; but when she discovers the figure isn't really her brother, she must fight back against oppression, exile, and discrimination, while she tries to discover what really happened to her brother; gain new allies, and help defend her homestead against a growing conspiracy.

A young female knight oppressed for her gender by her Lord, sends her to find why her brother has defected from the Knighthood; but when she discovers the figure isn't really her brother, she must fight back against oppression, exile, and discrimination, while she tries to discover what really happened to her brother; gain new allies, and help defend her homestead against a growing conspiracy.

that kind of sounds like a hentai....no offense.

But honestly,that does sound like a good idea,though,Leon.

Good work! =)

We could merge our stories,you know? Turn my evil emperor into your sexist lord.

They could be knights in the same army.

Edited by Jesse66126

I was looking at more along the lines of how it was back int he 20's when women weren't allowed to even vote. Imagine what it'd be like to be a girl and want to be a knight in the 7-800's. It'd really suck.

I was looking at more along the lines of how it was back int he 20's when women weren't allowed to even vote. Imagine what it'd be like to be a girl and want to be a knight in the 7-800's. It'd really suck.

She would be executed, possibly raped, the moment they found out she was a girl.

Oh yeah,in the days of Joan of Arc,she had to disguise as a man or she would've raped,

both by enemy soldiers if captured or by her own army while camping.

That's why her pants and shirt had to be stitched together.

'Course she was eventually killed just for dressing like a man.

Also like that story,Mulan,where the girl joins the army in place of her father who is sick.

I think she was executed when they found out she was a girl,too.

To still, this doesn't have to be exact to history. I was looking at merging the traditional RPG with the woman oppressions of the 1920's-1940's.

Hmm, none of you posted your skills :lol:"this is the place to post your skills".

I'm signing up for the mapping, though I have other skills too. I can make icons, music (it's okay..) and I can make tileset splices. My ideas? I'm writing something up now, I'll post it in a few hours, but I'd rather work on something that someone else came up with. We need a chatroom. Please guys, make a new window and get on the RMXP Chat room (not the one I made)

To get there, make sure you are using the original skin (it is called "Default"). The go to the top of the site when you are at the forum index and click on community, then chat-room. I'll be on there whenever I'm on.

OK,my skills are writing stories,drawing sprites/battlers,and eventing.

We're making this game for XP,right?

'Cuz I don't have VX yet,and I didn't like it when I tried it.

well, are we using the RTP gfx, such as tiles and such?

or, am I gonna be making all 100% custom tiles and such for this?

I think we're making it with XP since most people use XP then VX (but I some of the people that use both :P).

OK,my skills are writing stories,drawing sprites/battlers,and eventing.

We're making this game for XP,right?

'Cuz I don't have VX yet,and I didn't like it when I tried it.

Those are some nasty (the good kind) skills man!

Yes this is in XP.

well, are we using the RTP gfx, such as tiles and such?

or, am I gonna be making all 100% custom tiles and such for this?

The tiles will be in RTP and other tiles that people have made to fit with the RTP, though some graphics outta you would be great.

I think we're making it with XP since most people use XP then VX (but I some of the people that use both :P).

Actually, there are a LOT of people that use VX. I like VX because it doesn't take as long to make something in. www.rpgmakervx.net is where all of the RPG Maker VX users are hiding, though I'm assuming you already know about that place.

Yep, since I'm a member there. I'm a member to 4 RPG Maker sites, this is one of them. But if I dont log on to the other sites every day, I'll have about 6 new pages worth of new posts. One time there was 34 pages of new posts in topics. That was murder looking at every single one.

well, whatever you may need, jsut lemme know, so I can pace myslef to get thigns done...

Guys, we need a way we can all communicate whenever we need to contact eachother about this game. Do you guys have MSN/Yahoo? I can see that everyone that has posted here does, we should add eachother. I'll add you guys, add me. (I'm on yahoo most of the time, username is "kiriashi")

*adding*

Too bad, get on right now! You can get on MSN if you want. Yahoo people can IM MSN people.

A place to chat would be a good idea, that way we can keep up with each other all the time. I'm always on Yahoo unless I'm away, so if everyone else has yahoo it would be easy to make up a conference room whenever there are multiple people on and talk there about everything. Otherwise, our options are semi-limited. MSN is good, but I never use it, and I'm on my laptop more then my normal comp now, and it doesn't have MSN. There are a few places where you can create java chat rooms, perhaps someone should make it, and then we all just bookmark it and make sure to get on it everyday or something?

As for the question of what we are using. I was planning to use XP. I have no desire to use VX. I've tried, and it sucks. However, the idea of using Adventure Game Studio also came to mind. I know we support it as well, so that could always be an option. It can make RPGs too, it just takes more work, and a hell of a lot more coding...plus I'll bet no one here knows anything about Adventure Game Studio anyway :P

It sounds like we have some cool ideas for stories. Umm...I don't want to sound like I'm trying to be "all about me" but if you want me as project leader, I think that would be easier if I actually knew the project the best (i.e. we went with one of my projects). HOWEVER, I'm okay with going with another project other then one of my own idea. As for ideas...here's another one I just thought up (literally just thought it up).

Sir Tilean and the Way of the Knight

It's another one of my novels-turned-video-games. It stars William Alexander Tilean as he goes through the trials of knighthood to become a White Knight of Darminia. It is the first in a series of 3 novels-turned-video-games. William was once the Prince of the Kingdom of Drandor, until the General of Destruction came and destroyed his kingdom. He escaped the kingdom with the aid of his mentor, Gavin, and was taken to the Kingdom of Baradum and into the city of Darminia. There he trained to be a knight in a hope that he might gain his revenge.

One day, he was on his way from Karagum, the Desert City, when he was taken up by a strange shadow who told him it was time for the Trials of Knighthood. He then passed through the trials, proving his wisdom, love, honor, courage, strength, sense of justice, and self-righteousness. Upon completing the trials, he discovered it was all a test, but not to prove himself to Darminia, but to prove his worth to Dragona Dragmus, the most powerful archmage in the world.

When William refuses to join with Dragona, the two end up in a mighty battle where William defeats the Dragona, but from the battle the spirit of Abolition awakens within him. This is basically where the first game would end, since it then continues on for two more books.

We could combine all three,Leon's,Emily's and mine to make up the three main characters.

Jeffrey,an evil knight of Dallux turned good by his love of his new adopted daughter.

Sarah,a young girl who is disguised as a male knight named Paul to search for her missing brother,Jacob.

William,a knight in training of Darminia.

whatever you choose, I am willing to go for it.

as for my skills... I have some decency in mapping and eventing. I am hoping to get better. ;)

Sounds like an interesting idea -nods- though I'd probably want to change the town name, so as to keep Darminia in only my universe ^^" I'm very particular about that. Otherwise, I'd be okay with that, so long as we can find a good way to do it all -nods-

Emmy, have you heard of Elluminate?(link) We can have three people in one conference room at the same time for free, or one of us (or all of us could pitch in) could pay 33$ to host a room with unlimited people in it. They have a whiteboard and stuff so we could show screenshots easily as well as use file-sharing.

If you don't want to go with that than yahoo! is the best way to go. (I can only run it via Internet because for some reason it won't run on my computer)

Emmy, have you heard of Elluminate?(link) We can have three people in one conference room at the same time for free, or one of us (or all of us could pitch in) could pay 33$ to host a room with unlimited people in it. They have a whiteboard and stuff so we could show screenshots easily as well as use file-sharing.

If you don't want to go with that than yahoo! is the best way to go. (I can only run it via Internet because for some reason it won't run on my computer)

or we could Oovuu! that would involve me using a sock puppet,since I don't like being seen.

Heh, sock puppets. You don't have to use cameras in Elluminate, we can just type.

Original compositions are my forte!

Sorry about the Quest 64 music (although it looks like it won't get used anyway). I had some terrible computer demons. I was going to hand over all of the music once I'd finished it all (I'd gotten about 80% of the way there), than there was a long ordeal that ended in me formatting my computer. By the time I got everything up and running again, the project seemed to have died.

I'm good now though, I just need a general idea of what I'm trying to compose/how it should sound, or feel. Also a list of what pieces I'll actually need to compose, and this time I'll send them piecemeal.

Hmm, well, that would probably work, but I registered my nickname on IRC and can't remember the password lol So I'll be on under something else, probably emilyyamaki. Otherwise, that will probably work, I'm there already -nods-

Piecemeal is a good idea. We will be able to put the songs exactly where we want them that way.

If the main character is a thief,how about having a genie in the game?

The genie could be used as the character's moral support,helpful advice,and 3 wishes/continues if the player fails.

Hmm.

ATTENTION!!

Please get on the chat even if you aren't going to help with game, you can help out with the story.