New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
EmilyAnnCoons

RMXP Unlimited Project Discussion

All polls here  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Main Character's Personality type?

• Happy,cheerful,with a tortured past.
    • Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief.
    • The Robin Hood type. A noble thief that steals for a divine purpose.
    • The silent hero.( A.K.A.: "Link") The hero doesn't really have a personality,it's most decided by the player's actions.
    • The cautious hero. Though,she has never been caught,she is well aware of the consequences. This type of thief steals for survival.
  2. 2. Character Name?

• Kate
    • Kairun
    • Kelly
    • Emily
    • Valerie
    • Other (post required! You must give a name if you pick this option)
  3. 3. Battle System?

• Action Battle System (think Zelda or Kingdom Hearts)
    • RMXP Default Battle System
    • Real-time Active Battle System (think Final Fantasy)
    • Tactical Battle System (no idea lol)

The genie could be just a hidden cheat system,but I'd like her to have someone to talk to

add more dialogue to the game.

Also her wishes could be different depending on what the player wants.

Like Wish One: She could ask for power. In this case she'll learn how to use magic and obtain low level fire/water/wind/thunder spells.

Or Wish Two: She could wish to be able to turn invisible for a set amount of time and distance.

Or Wish Three: She could wish for money.

Or Wish Four: she good wish for boosted stats.

Or Wish Five: she could wish for a really a good evolving weapon.

Or Wish Six: she could wish an improved jump ability,(or a jump ability period.)

Or Wish Seven: she could wish for good evolving armor.

Or Wish Eight: she could wish for something just completely random.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought of an idea for a bounty hunter.

You know thieves always have bounty hunters after them,right?

Even to this day,bounty hunters are still out there catching crooks to get a reward from the police.

The bounty hunter(s) could factor in as a random event boss like Team Rocket.

(I know I really should stop using Pokemon References....)

Edited by Jesse66126

we could do something similar to what Legend of Zelda: OoS/OoA did (the password cheat system) for the Genie system. I could also set it up so that no two passwords are the same if you start a new game. Like

password to get spells for game 1: 15897

password to get spells for game 2: 22389

and so on.

EDIT: @Jesse66126: if it gets the point across the table it should be fine :D

Did I miss something? What is with all of these genie wishes? :lol:

Did I miss something? What is with all of these genie wishes? :lol:

We were discussing yesterday and came up with having a young female thief as the lead character.

I suggested the genie idea cuz thieves and genies just go together like peanut butter and jelly =)

Hmm, I was there for the girl part, but genies? Whatever....

WAIT A MINUTE!!! This would go perfect for what I'm writing! I'll post my story by the end of the day (Pacific Time [i live in Washington State])

*writes*

If we have the prince,lets have a princess,too.

Prince Gregory(age: 14 same age as our thief girl).

Princess Rosaline(age: 12) is Gregory's nosy little sister. She has a key to every room in the castle.so there's no where he can hide from her.

Gregory has this sick habit of catching thieves and robbers and torturing them to death,but with Rosaline around he can't always get away with it. She always shows up at the last second and yells, "I'm telling!"

(Just before the Gregory can get out his whip and cattle prod.)

Thus,saving our little thief's life.

This scenario was partly inspired by Toy Story. You know,Seth,the evil kid next door,and his sweet little sister named Haley who interrupts him as he's about to blow up Buzz Lightyear and Woody.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I thought about it some more and thought,why not give the prince a big sister,too.

Princess Cathrine(age:17)

She is the playful older sister,but can give the player a few nuggets of wisdom at times.

She abducts our thief and plays dress-up using her old clothes from when she was her age.

Physically,she is very developed and beautiful;a source of admiration for our thief girl.

Edited by Jesse66126

Hmmm, a prince could be the one that saved her(You shouldn't know what I'm talking about, so don't be confused) Maybe a last minute thing...

Okay I thought I'd show you want I've got so far.

Some of the sprites aren't complete,but bear with it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1MAJO2LH

Alternative Link:

http://www.2shared.com/file/5017234/f6a342...AS_Hero_21.html

We can use these two file sharing sites to upload are current progess in making the game.

All I'm really here for is the scripting. lol. Better than nothing.

Okay Leon,your first assignment is to find away to turn the ABS off during events.

The scripts in Spanish,so good luck! =)

We need to be able to turn the script on and off via eventing. Think you're up for it?

Interesting ABS system. It's pretty cool, though I kept dying at the eagle lol Of course...I also forgot to use healing stuff...I always forget that ^^" I fear that, when I make my video games, they may be too easy, cause I test without using potions, defense spells, etc, but then allow the player all kinds of them :P

I noticed a problem with the battler's picture system.

Piccy.jpg

See that picture in the bottom left corner?

It's script-linked with the character's name.

Not their Character_ID but their actual name!

Like if the player's name is Meowmeow46,in order for a picture to appear down there,you'd need an image

in the "Picture" folder named Meowmeow46_Face.

Which inhibits us from changing the character's name during the game play.

I was wondering if we could set it up to include a casual eye-blinking image(alternates like every 10-20 frames), a pain-response image(for when the character gets hit),a poisoned image(to show status ailments),and maybe an angry image or something when she's using skills or just attacking.

I want to liven that picture up! Not just have a dead picture in the corner of the screen,you know?

At a mimimum let's have her at least blink.

That sucks...well, i guess we'll stick with Kate as the main character's name then -nods- I like Kate. As for the picture...if we can make it do things without having to re-script the battle system, I'd say sure. It sounds like a nice plan.

Her name is Kairun! So there! Pfft, kate....

My story in nooblet form (I lost the original document 'cause of my brother)

My idea was to have her be from a town with a tyrant for a king, and the people of the village one day got fed up with the insane taxes. So they wanted to make it seem like trolls from the mountains came down and raided the village. This way they could make a town in the forest and not have to pay taxes and live with the horrible tyrant's rules. Now, on the day that a taxman would normally come to give people.. taxes, some people dressed up as trolls and others prepared to pull off the hoax. They weren't going to tell everyone what they were doing to make it seem more real, so some people were actually going to think that the trolls are attacking. Meanwhile in the mountains, a young troll is told to go hunting. He ends up seeing all of the people dressed up as trolls and goes to help. He didn't know they were humans, and the people didn't know he was a troll. Blah Blah Blah, the girl gets captured, blah blah blah, she escapes somehow (the player is the one that gets her out of the troll area) and sees the town ransacked, she thinks it really did happen. She wants to go to the king's palace or whatever and ask him what happened, king finds out that she was wearing a warriors suit, and his rules specify that only men can be warriors. So she gets sent to a prison, and that is when the prince dude that you guys were talking about comes in.

I really have some good ideas as to where this can lead up to.

What do you think?

If you don't like Kairun, (KA-EE-ROO-N) then we have to come up with something else that at least isn't a well known name. Preferably a made up name all together.

Kate, Kairun, Kathrin, Kimberly, Katelin, Koraly, Kary. Why are all of the names we're thinking of for the main character begin with K's? Ok yeah I just added some more options, but still :P

K is a cool letter...

Isn't Kiriashi a cool name?

And the download links don't work for me :(.

What kind of personality should she have?

Kate_Face.png

There's a reason I drew her "blank-faced" like this.

Personality Idea #1: Happy,cheerful,with a tortured past.

This type of thief steals for survival.

Youtube Video ->

(Yes,the girl in this video did get gang-raped.)

Pros: This personality is very lively,a lot of dialog. She'll appear happy,but have a deep inner emotional pain.

Cons: Is prone to going psychotic when reminded of her past.

(Yes,I know in Ragnarok Online,she's actually a merchant class.)

-------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #2: Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief.

This type of thief steals for greed.

When caught,she has the amazing ability to make her captor look like the bad guy.

Screaming words like: "Help me!"and"Pervert!" draw a crowd very fast,enabling her to escape in the confusion.

Pros: a good stable personality.

Cons: this type of thief is used a lot,almost too much.

-------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #3: The Robin Hood type. A noble thief that steals for a divine purpose.

Stealing from the wealthy to feed the poor,or stealing what was already stolen to return it to its rightful owner.

Cons: VERY commonly used...

--------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #4: The silent hero.( A.K.A.: "Link") The hero doesn't really have a personality,it's most decided by the player's actions.

Cons: no dialog from the player. All questions and responses are simply understood by the NPCs.

---------------------------------------------------------

Personality Idea #5: The cautious hero. Though,she has never been caught,she is well aware of the consequences. This type of thief steals for survival.

When caught,she will desperately try to reason with her captor,explaining her actions as her last resort and

seeking pity from him to let her go.

What about what I said? Maybe she used to be a cheerful person, but now that she thinks everyone she new is now dead, she is like... emo.

What do you mean what is wrong with emo?! It is despicable. Throwing away the life that God gave you; you have every right to be happy, and you should be happy.

ANNNNNNYWayys, did anyone read what I wrote?

Okay, I tried deactivating the script; and the best i can do is deactivate the actor's abilities. Howver, the actor can still be attacked.

What do you mean what is wrong with emo?! It is despicable. Throwing away the life that God gave you; you have every right to be happy, and you should be happy.

ANNNNNNYWayys, did anyone read what I wrote?

This thief girl has a very limited source of happiness,she probably doesn't even know about God,nor care.

She mostly just wants to survive.

The right to survive is a superseding divine right that transcends any law made by man.

I was just playing around. You have to be apart of the bacon club to get the joke.

Okay, I tried deactivating the script; and the best i can do is deactivate the actor's abilities. Howver, the actor can still be attacked.

Thanks Leon! Is it possible to remove the hero from the party? I know the script freaked out when I tried to do "bad guy's evil plot sequence"so, I had to hide the hero in a corner of the screen. XD

The "bad guy evil plot sequence" is where they bad guys are gossiping about the player when he/she is not around,and they reveal their evil plan to the player. Used to build suspense or drama in a game.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know which of those personaly ideas,you guys liked best,okay?