New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
EmilyAnnCoons

RMXP Unlimited Project Discussion

All polls here  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Main Character's Personality type?

• Happy,cheerful,with a tortured past.
    • Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief.
    • The Robin Hood type. A noble thief that steals for a divine purpose.
    • The silent hero.( A.K.A.: "Link") The hero doesn't really have a personality,it's most decided by the player's actions.
    • The cautious hero. Though,she has never been caught,she is well aware of the consequences. This type of thief steals for survival.
  2. 2. Character Name?

• Kate
    • Kairun
    • Kelly
    • Emily
    • Valerie
    • Other (post required! You must give a name if you pick this option)
  3. 3. Battle System?

• Action Battle System (think Zelda or Kingdom Hearts)
    • RMXP Default Battle System
    • Real-time Active Battle System (think Final Fantasy)
    • Tactical Battle System (no idea lol)

Why not jus black out the screen, change the player's graphic to none, go through it, black the screen, turn the graphic back?

I like both personality ideas 1 and 4 myself. Either would work -nods- though 4 might work better if this is a one character story.

Dude, she is a thief? >,<. Since when? And I had a really good story going -deletes-

I voted for the name I came up with ofcourse.

I voted for a tactical battle system,

and I voted for the first one on the persona. I think that she should be quiet girl, a bitter person because of her past. I really like the idea I came up with, should I writea better version and show it to you guys?

Why not jus black out the screen, change the player's graphic to none, go through it, black the screen, turn the graphic back?

It freaked out when I did that.

Syntax Error:"Can not find player's Data!" I'm not sure,but it likes to have a character in the party.

Though I could change the character to a bad guy during the scene and just disable moving.

Hm....

@Kiriashi,Sure. We need all the story ideas we can get.

I voted for:

Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief - I like this one best, but not so much a thief as a quick and witty personality

Valerie - sounds the most like a main character name to me

Action Battle System - seems like everyone's going to vote for this anyway. I prefer the default, but I'm alone on that one.

If it turns out to be a a three why tie on the personality,we could try to combine them.

One and Two aren't that different.

It is possible for someone to be happy,cheerful,crafty,quick-witted,cunning,and have a tortured past.

Number four however,is the quiet,cautious type. Innocent minded,honest and very apoligitic and sympathetic towards her victims.

She is the complete opposite of the ideal thief;which throws everyone off guard.

Then make a graphic with no picture. Sort of like a 10x10 white block, and import it as a characterset. Then change it to that one.

Also, I voted for the cautious thief, and the RTAB (The reason I like that one, is I have written a few add-ons for it; including a steal script)

I voted for:

Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief - I like this one best, but not so much a thief as a quick and witty personality

Valerie - sounds the most like a main character name to me

Action Battle System - seems like everyone's going to vote for this anyway. I prefer the default, but I'm alone on that one.

Hey Mark. So you like the default battle system? I don't mind it, but no one really likes it. Just you and me.... and bob. We are making this game for other people, not for ourselves.

Then make a graphic with no picture. Sort of like a 10x10 white block, and import it as a characterset. Then change it to that one.

Also, I voted for the cautious thief, and the RTAB (The reason I like that one, is I have written a few add-ons for it; including a steal script)

When you say that, do you mean like in the game I just recently played and was telling you about?

I think we should just use the Action Battle System.

1. I already made the sprites for ABS.

2. Leon already went through the trouble of fixing the script for us,so we can turn it off and on.

The problem with using a thief as the main character,they are generally soloists.

It's just hard to sneak in some where to steal with a bunch of people following you.

Aside from the ABS,the other battle systems require 4+ party members,especially the Tactical Battle System,

or they just look weird having a big empty space where your 3 other characters should be.

TBS is also VERY hard to use,it requires individual scripting for EVERY single battle.

So,random battles for training are out of the question,though you can turn it off which is good.

The reason I chose XAS over Mr. Mo's is because Mr. Mo's requires you to have something to attack,

in order to even swing your sword.

XAS,however,is like Legend of Zelda,where you can just swing freely,plus it's by far easier to play.

Yeah, I think it has already been decided. Action Battle System is the way to go. It just wouldn't work the other way. Now this whole thief idea, I don't like. Meh. Why does she have to be a thief? She doesn't. Just wait for me to finish my story before you guys decide on anything big.

Yeah, I think it has already been decided. Action Battle System is the way to go. It just wouldn't work the other way. Now this whole thief idea, I don't like. Meh. Why does she have to be a thief? She doesn't. Just wait for me to finish my story before you guys decide on anything big.

Thief is more like just a temporary title then her actual class.

Since she'll be the only playable character,she'll be very versatile;a super utility character that can do anything.

She'll be able to use swords,lances,axes,maces,wands,both light and dark magic,bows and everything.

She gets called "thief" when she steals food,and "witch" when she is seen using magic.

Classes are determined by reputation.

For example,if you steal,you are called a thief,even if you can use magic or a bow better than a mage or archer,you are still a thief.

No, we should definatly not give it a title. We are not far enough in brainstorming.... though super bacon mega warrior sounds great to me...

Yeah, by the end of the game we will have a lot of ideas for the title.

Yeah, the title can come after the game's storyline is done (at least). It doesn't really need a title until then. My game, Crystals of Chaos, didn't have a title until I was halfway through making the first RPG Maker XP version, and that was after I made it for RM2k3 twice and made it for a program called "Unlimited Adventures" where it all began.

RM2k3? Wow, I can't imagine a game being made with that..... it is so.... dull. :/

So what are you guys thinking?

Emmy, I think we should have everyone here come up with a basis in which they:

choose a hometown, describe the people, describe the world, and everything else that they think should be the storyline for the game, then we all choose one, and work on it. Otherwise, we are getting no where.

Yeah, right now we really are getting nowhere ^^" For me, I like to work on the storyline before the characters. It tends to flush out character personality and such better (for me anyway). SO, everyone think up a storyline for the game. We've got a thief...what is her mission? How does she start out? Where does she go? What does she do? Who is the villain? Overall, what is the plot of the game? Is there a princess in distress? Is a plumber in distress (Mario joke ^^")? Hell, is there an ancient hero that's the one in distress, and somehow our thief is the only one who can rescue him?

Here is a list of cliches that I recommend avoiding while writing your storyline.

1. The princess is in danger! Only our hero can rescue her.
  2. Our hero has amnesia and is in search of her memories.
  3. Our heroes town has been destroyed, and so she must fight to survive.
  4. Someone killed her parents, so she is alone in the world now because of it.

I'll add more if I can think of anything else...but those are the most common cliches I see in RMXP games, so let's try to avoid them. Hell, Michael Jansson (of Crystals of Chaos) is a thief because his parents sold him to be a slave when he was 5 simply because they didn't want him anymore. It wasn't cause his parents died, it was cause they sold him away. We don't need "she's alone cause she's the only person alive from her family" to make a good thief.

Also, as a final note, as I am project leader, I will not accept any project storyline that has cliche 2 in it. Why? Because 90% of RMXP games I see have that cliche in them and I want to steer as far from them as possible. Come on people, we can be original here! If we go for cliche, then let's just do a remake :P

EDIT: Hey, Kiriashi, if you can't imagine a game being made with RM2k3, try UA. It's about 100 times worse then RM2k3 :P

Woh, that looks like it is just an editor! xD

"4. Someone killed her parents, so she is alone in the world now because of it." damn, xD

Okay, I'll edit this post with my story tomorrow. I'm tired now.

Emmy, you go first! lol.

How's this?

The opening scene shows a village on fire;a village full of warlocks and witches.

An army of soldiers swarming through the village,blood and bodies everywhere. While raiding one of the houses,a soldier finds an infant and his heart changes.

Instead of killing her,he flees with her. However,the penalty for desertion is death. The other soldiers chase him down. Unable to escape,he makes a small raft and floats the infant down stream,then he is caught and butchered by his fellow soldiers.

The infant is then found by an old widow,who cares for her until the day she dies.

The widow instills a good education,morals,and values in the girl. Without a proper childhood,she'll turn out evil,not knowing right from wrong,you know?

The player first takes control of the main character,a week after the widow dies,whens shes on the brink of starvation,dehydration,and hypothermia.(Hungry,thirsty,and freezing to death.)

(We can have starvation and dehydration be poison-like status ailments,that happens when she doesn't eat or drink for a long time.These status ailments will literally force the player to steal.)

(Also,We can have hypothermia as a status ailment to force the player to sneak in somewhere warm at night.)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh hey,let's put Epion in the game. Epion is a character that's in all my games.

He's usually a hidden character that grants wishes and miracles.

The story of Epion is that he was once a legendary hero destined to save the world and his beloved stabbed him through the heart with his own sword.She and the people of that time all feared Epion like he was a demon,so they nailed him to a cross,beat him,tortured him,and then set the cross on fire,but he STILL didn't die.Throughout the beatings,he still said how he forgave them for what they were doing to him.

So,they sealed him away in a sacred tomb,and still he waits there for someone to free him.

They cast a spell on the tomb,so it exists outside of normal time and space,so you can only get there,if you're susposed to be there.

I got inspired to make him after seeing "The Passion" by Mel Gibson and "Gundam Wing".(Weird I know.)

Epion's sword,by the way,is an ultimate weapon like the Final Destiny,but you don't get any experience,gold,or items from the monsters you kill with it.

I'll edit one in here later.

For now it's sleep time.

(PS: It'll be good)

Hmm...a hunger/thirst/warmth system...sounds interesting enough, Jesse, just depends on if we can actually do it or not ^^" The story sounds interesting, though kind of still follows cliche 4 a bit (since her real parents are dead and the girl who cared for her is dead), but -shrugs- it is hard to make a thief without some reasons like that why she is forced to steal -nods- Anyone else got any ideas?

Also, cameos will probably be allowed. I have a few characters who will probably pop up here and there. 90% of cameos (or...whatever...depending on the cameos we get) will probably be given side quests to give to the player. That's usually how I did it with my other games, if it wasn't required, then I had some anime/comic/other-video-game character give out the quest. So, with that stated, if people can supply character sets (and maybe face graphics, depending on if we use those or not), I'll be happy to accept cameos into the game ^^

Hmm...a hunger/thirst/warmth system...sounds interesting enough, Jesse, just depends on if we can actually do it or not ^^" The story sounds interesting, though kind of still follows cliché 4 a bit (since her real parents are dead and the girl who cared for her is dead), but -shrugs- it is hard to make a thief without some reasons like that why she is forced to steal -nods- Anyone else got any ideas?

The hungry/thirst/warmth system can be done with eventing,easily.Like have events to wait a set amount of frames,then apply the status effects individually,and the only cure will be being in a warm place,eating food,or drinking water. Or maybe a countdown variable that subtracts with time.

We can separate the 3 status effects based on how quick each would set in.

Like the fastest is hypothermia which can set in after six hours(maybe 300 frames?),depending on how cold it is.

Second is dehydration which can set in anywhere from 12 hours to 3 days(maybe 600 frames?),depending on

how hot and dry it is.

Third is starvation which can set in after 7 days(maybe 900 frames?),depending on how big her last meal was.

These events will reset or become inactive if she's in a warm place,eats,or drinks something.

And,while running a lot helps resist hypothermia,it increases dehydration and starvation.

We can even have a temperature variable for each map.

That's pretty good there. I could make the Gameover and Title screens, well the Gameover is easy, but the Title screen I'll need to google a picture that'll be good.

That's pretty good there. I could make the Gameover and Title screens, well the Gameover is easy, but the Title screen I'll need to google a picture that'll be good.

I got an idea for a title screen. We could have like this picture like this rotating slowly and

have something like the BGM to the Kingdom Hearts Title Screen.

That yellow orb is her magic shield,by the way,like the shield in Super Smash Bros.

Valerie_title.png

Shieldkirby.jpg

Youtube Video ->

I really like the sprites. I don't like the battler though. Too MSPainty.... xD

And why is there a naked chick above me??!