New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
EmilyAnnCoons

RMXP Unlimited Project Discussion

All polls here  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Main Character's Personality type?

• Happy,cheerful,with a tortured past.
    • Crafty,quick-witted,and cunning. The ideal thief.
    • The Robin Hood type. A noble thief that steals for a divine purpose.
    • The silent hero.( A.K.A.: "Link") The hero doesn't really have a personality,it's most decided by the player's actions.
    • The cautious hero. Though,she has never been caught,she is well aware of the consequences. This type of thief steals for survival.
  2. 2. Character Name?

• Kate
    • Kairun
    • Kelly
    • Emily
    • Valerie
    • Other (post required! You must give a name if you pick this option)
  3. 3. Battle System?

• Action Battle System (think Zelda or Kingdom Hearts)
    • RMXP Default Battle System
    • Real-time Active Battle System (think Final Fantasy)
    • Tactical Battle System (no idea lol)

Hmm cool. I trying to think how this would fit into what I am writing..

What? The script or what I'm writing? I think we are getting to ahead of ourselves here. We really need to wait before we pull off something good. I personally wouldn't have used the polls yet.

The script,Emily posted. I have to make sure it's compatable with XAS.

Kiriashi,it's been two whole weeks since we started discussing this project. We've already chosen XAS as the battle system.

We chose the main character to be female,a thief,her name as Valerie,and her personality to be cautious.

And I've already even made sprites for her.

The story you're writing does at least use this main character,right?

The last few projects failed because we spent too much time trying to decide on everything,

and we never really got anywhere.

The polls were a great idea by Emily to get the group's input on the project by the group.

Yeah, the polls helped narrow everything down. We need to move quicker in deciding everything. Our last RMXP Project that was custom like this died off because the people in charge spent 3 months deciding plot, characters, etc, which we've decided almost all of in 2 weeks (not to mention they actually never finished deciding...)

Yeah, the polls helped narrow everything down. We need to move quicker in deciding everything. Our last RMXP Project that was custom like this died off because the people in charge spent 3 months deciding plot, characters, etc, which we've decided almost all of in 2 weeks (not to mention they actually never finished deciding...)

Yes,I was far too pacifistic with my ideas opinions before;submiting each of my ideas more as "suggestions"

rather than trying to get everyone to decide on one thing,or deciding for them if they wouldn't,

and if someone doesn't like any of my ideas,then they must submit a better one! Democracy at work! =)

What we should've done from the start was make a bunch of polls and decide all the basic stuff right from the start:

the battle system,the main character's gender and class,the support characters,the main villian,the intial storyline.

Instead,I just submited idea after idea,trying to get the rest of the forum to take interest,which they often did for a little while.

Therefore,I suggest we have an organizer. Someone who takes in all the ideas,scripts,sprites and puts them into the game,and then

uploads it to the site's download section,for everyone to review.

I would recommend it be someone like Kiriashi or me. Someone very active and very interested in this project.

Since I take college classes online at home,I'm home in front of my laptop and desktop most of the day.

I probably have more spare time than Kiriashi does,but if he wants to be the organizer,he can.

Err...I thought that was the project leader's job? I was thinking someone said that at one point o.o The project leader got everything going and put everything together and let people know what was still needed and so on.

Err...I thought that was the project leader's job? I was thinking someone said that at one point o.o The project leader got everything going and put everything together and let people know what was still needed and so on.

Yes,I'm pretty sure I said something like that last project.

So,who should the leader be? Kiriashi or me?

Hehe, well I am in fact the most active person here, for sure. This really depends on what others want to do though. I mean, Emmy has been like, the main dude in charge of this project. I would be happy to be the main organizer, but the leader of the project, that us up to everyone. No matter WHO is the leader (I tried typing "leader" on my keyboard like 17 times before I got xD), this is a group project, so everyone has a say in everything.

Jesse, do you want to be the leader? I know you are defiantly capable of it.

Hehe, well I am in fact the most active person here, for sure. This really depends on what others want to do though. I mean, Emmy has been like, the main dude in charge of this project. I would be happy to be the main organizer, but the leader of the project, that us up to everyone. No matter WHO is the leader (I tried typing "leader" on my keyboard like 17 times before I got xD), this is a group project, so everyone has a say in everything.

Jesse, do you want to be the leader? I know you are defiantly capable of it.

I can if you want.

Haha, what a si- Leon is viewing this! (IMs).

Anyways, yeah, if you want you can. If you don't want to I can. If you guys don't want me to Emmy can.

What do to??

xD

Haha, what a si- Leon is viewing this! (IMs).

Anyways, yeah, if you want you can. If you don't want to I can. If you guys don't want me to Emmy can.

What do to??

xD

Emmy can't do it. She's not active enough. Sorry,Emmy,no offence.

Yeah you are right in saying that. We are some of the most active people here. Maybe we can both do it.

Yeah you are right in saying that. We are some of the most active people here. Maybe we can both do it.

Could take turns.

Well that sounds a little more childish. We can work together, right? It isn't about power.

Well that sounds a little more childish. We can work together, right? It isn't about power.

Or how about I do the uploading.Since I already have a section in the download manager.

It would be easy for me just to replace it and update the file.

Hmm, well I am trying to think of an easy solution to the uploading factor. We can't all work on it on the same time for the most part... or can we. Hmm, okay Jesse. Here is how I think it should go. We are all coming up with the story. You are going to be the lead organizer. So this means, you are going to make the base of the database, like items, armor, classes, stuff like that. Others can edit that to an add more items for people to use. For example, I just mastered how animating works in RMXP, and I know Nisage is really good too. ( can't make the drawings, just piece them together and make sounds and effects). Nisage is also really good with skills and states. Jesse, you are also going to make the main layout of the events, and others can help with that. You can make the sprites, and Chief can help with any custom graphics when we need them. Leon is going to be the script-er of this project, editing the menus and other things for us. Battle systems are too much to ask though, so we are using the XAS battle system. I will be the lead mapper of the project, and I will edit any events that are move routes, to fit with the maps I make. Emmy is going to make the text in the games or edit them after Jesse makes them, and so will I. I do have a nice vocabulary. :lol:

My flow plan: Jesse works on main project. Assigns maps for me to make. assigns animations for nisage to make for the skills. Assigns Chief to make custom graphics, and so forth. Things like mapping and eventing that have to be done separately will be done while the other things are being done.

Make sense?

EDIT: BTW, what is your IM? Msn or yahoo will work.

Sounds like a good plan! Okay,I'm in.

My IM user names are all Jesse66125-66127.

I think my MSN is Jesse66125@hotmail.com(I don't really use it,though,there's also a Jesse66127@yahoo.com.

Okay cool, I'll get back to writing my story. And you are not in your MSN. Get on, or just IM me with whatever you want to use at kiriashi@yahoo.com

Okay cool, I'll get back to writing my story. And you are not in your MSN. Get on, or just IM me with whatever you want to use at kiriashi@yahoo.com

I'm on now. Took a while to remember my passwrd lol.

Been very busy.

Title theme is coming along nicely.

We could make the game have a sideview and a tactical battle system in it.

Sorry,those polls were susposed to be closed. We already decided on the XAS,ABS.

That's the system I made sprites for.

I've hit a bit of a snag in that I think what I've made sounds too much like the Kingdom Hearts startup theme. If this is what we went with I expect people to exclaim how much it sounds like Kingdom Hearts, which I think is a bad thing. If you don't think so, than I'll stick with it, otherwise I have a few other ideas.

After messing around with XAS (the ABS system we're using) I've come to realize it's pretty much incompatible with nearly every script I have >> (Not that I've found an ABS system yet that works with anything). So, I wanted to ask if we're sure we want to use XAS...it seems pretty...unstable...

After messing around with XAS (the ABS system we're using) I've come to realize it's pretty much incompatible with nearly every script I have >> (Not that I've found an ABS system yet that works with anything). So, I wanted to ask if we're sure we want to use XAS...it seems pretty...unstable...

I have to agree w/ Em on this. From a scripter's standpoint, anything we wish to add would be an extreme difficulty. It is a nice script, don't get me wrong, but it is a pain in the ass to work with.