New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
CrimsonInferno

Mystic Studio!

front frame needs some shaping. Girls have curves, and it really looks like a man in the front face. I didnt know it was a woman until the side frame.

Crimson, the spriting is awesome! Something I could never do.

But I do agree with Chief on this. I couldn't tell it was a girl either until you showed the side frame. So that's something to work on.

Great work BTW! Its nice to see you constantly updating with new stuff. ^~^

front frame needs some shaping. Girls have curves, and it really looks like a man in the front face. I didnt know it was a woman until the side frame.

Thanks for the feedback, Chief! :D

Do you have any suggestions to help me curve her out....?

Thanks, Kiriashi! I still need loads and loads of practice T.T

^ I couldn't do anything when I joined either. My spriting sucked when I first started, like really, really bad. But I kept practicing. Take it from a Novice like me -- if you want to sprite, just try and keep trying! I started with copying a style to Pokemon. If you want to try, you should give it a shot. biggrin_002.gif

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Sorry for the double post! But I tried remaking her front side...I'm not sure how to make her look more girly from the front...

If anyone could help me make my character look more "girly" from the front view -- PLEASE please help me. I'd like to get my sprites done so I can go on with creating my game. Its the only thing standing in my way now, that and tileset resources. :sweatdrop:

Dont give up Crimson. You worked hard to get here so keep trying. I would love to help you but my spriting isn't very good (its horrible. I hope some one is able to help you

Thank you Dark Den...I don't know how to go about "lifting" her too look girly.

I hope someone can help :(

I'm always here to help. Except now, I'm a bit busy (ammungst other things). I'll help you out later on this afternoon or maybe tomorrow.

(front view)try removing 1 pixel from each side where her belly connects to her hips that way it give a more curved look to on the sides.Do the same for where the far bottom edges of her head touch that neck bangle thing [adjust accordingly] :alright:

Edited by Enigma

2j2yfrc.png

Green are points that could be removed, but don't necessarily need to be removed

Red is what has been removed

depending on the type of pants she is wearing, you can also make it curve in around the knees or right above the knee

Edited by Enigma

Yah

The pic I posted was already modified, the red dots where the ones i removed from your original, the green dots maker more curved at the hips but also make her look skinner and might mess up her figure, so its up for u to decide what looks better keeping the green or not having it there

by curves i mean instead of having straight lines go down the side of her pants, around the knee area remove some pixels on the outer side

b64u3d.png

Oh wow! Thank you so much, Enigma! It might be hard adding to the back frames (and side frames?) though...but I can try :)

Does the back look girly, or the side frames? Or do those need some changing as well? :)

The side views are fine

For back view make the yellow and red edits the same as the one for the front, but not the green ones

now ima go to sleep cause i got school in teh mornin

cya Crimson :alright:

Alright then, thank you so much Enigma! Now I can move on! :D

Good night and good luck on school! :)

Well, I've been working on the back frame. What do you guys think of it?

k30t5h.jpg

For the second sprite, do you think the coloring is good? I mean the shading? xD

(The third is terrible, ignore! :C)

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Wow. The captured the RTP perfectly with the 2nd frame. Also, just a quick thing with the front 4 frames. I haven't taken a look at em in quite a while so it might be irrelevent, but maybe add the ponytail swaying in the front frame on the walking frames so you can also tell its a girl. So, like, with the right-foot forward (I think), have the ponytail swaying behind the head and to the left a bit, and visa-versa for the other one. Great job, I think your better than me now :D .

Good idea, Tomo! But if I do that, I'll have to change the ponytail to the back to match with how far the ponytail swings from the front view...right? :P

I'll try and see what I get!

Okay, redoing third sprite! What do you guys think so far?

egog9i.jpg

What do you think? Better than the old? Worse? Good? Keep trying?

So I'm on a new WIP!

So I'm trying to create a lake and river Autotile for the world map tileset for XP, and this is what I have so far for a "Lake" autotile.

2zyhp1g.jpg

(This one is for the grassland part of the tileset)

Just to tell you, it goes with the Inquisitors Tileset :>

jkj5tf.jpg

If anyone has the Inquistitor sets, could you test it out for me? I like it, but I dunno, I need some help to make it match more with the rest. :>

Edited by CrimsonInferno

The lake has a more realistic shape, than the normal circle lakes. Some people will like the realism, but others wont like it. Nice job.

maybe it should have a little more random (well, i dont know how to say it in english) curves. like, more natural. not too edgy. i have this tileset and i hate it, because its so bautiful, but i can;t make sandy sores or a more realistic sea...:(

@Rated:

You think? Someone said it would look even better with grass over the water, but I have no idea what he meant... lol

@Nanou-gr:

I have the set too, and I can't do the beaches or anything as well xD

I'll try to make it more random, Nanou-gr!

My next WIP will be something I'm looking at. I'm not sure yet, it might be Tyn (a character in my game) or it could be for something else entirely xD

Working on Tyn now! Tyn is another character in my game. You can see/read more about him here, but here is a preview of his face! Tyn is a Dark Paladin, training under the Paladin and with Edgar.

2qdwi7a.jpg

Tyn is being built off the "bodybuilder" template, as his initial character design was 'stronger' than Edgar. lol

Sprite size preview:

2ds4sht.jpg

Larger Preview:

rii22v.jpg

This was my first shot at creating his hair! :3 I really think all the help you guys have given me improved my skill! Thank you so much guys, you are the best!

I still have to edit here and there, I believe, and his hair will be a basic down! :33

Since Tyn shares a common class (Warrior, thief -- you know) with the other main in my game, he will be in the same armor (They are training under one teach, same attire. Think of Master Roshi with this, and that all his students dressed the same.), but different for the area he's training under.

27zc807.jpg

1okego.jpg

Body still under construction. Used current as template, I will try to add the other characteristics to him xD

First row finished, the second row's hair will be harder though...

Edited by CrimsonInferno