New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
CrimsonInferno

Mystic Studio!

Really? Thank you so much Tomo! Side hair and back hair will be difficult though!

I was wondering though, could someone test this? I would like to know if I made the hair move too much....

5lnhgp.jpg

I think I need to edit the cape to be swinging the right way... xD

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Along with any help for the above, if someone wants to help that is, which do you think is better shading? The one to the left, is the original shading and the right to the new color: idavq0.png

And here he is with the new shading.

alrsbl.jpg

Someone suggested the shading, but I don't know. I personally think the first shading was right, but I'm not the master here. What do you guys think?

i prefer the first one. this one doesnt look so good to me. red is sticking out too much...:)

That's what I thought...but as I said, I'm no master. To me, the new red seems like I put a glow basket on his head or something. xD But I've been told that its better. Hmmm...

I like both of them the first one is my preference, but it seems to dark. Perhaps you could find something in between so it's not so dark like in the first one, and so the red doesn't "pop" as much as in the second one.

If your going for a dark and gloomy I wouldn't change anything from the original.

Hope this help's solve the problem.

Extra question, what software are you using to make your sprites?

~The Crym

Edited by Crym

Yes, dark and gloomy is what I was going for :)

I'm using GIMP. Easy to use, remembers large amounts of colours, can scale the canvas and it overs more room and more tools to do what I need :)

I love GIMP, I'm still getting used to the interface with it since I used to use GraphicsGale and used Photoshop CS4 in college. I meant to test that sprite but the way it looks I think the cape is swinging the right way. I'll test it real quick.

For the cape have you tried to do something similar to the Fighter04 sprite in the RTP for XP? Instead of it swinging its more like the air is catching it and pushing it back with every step. Honestly though, I don't see anything wrong with the cape swinging like it does it seems to make some sense but, maybe it should be switched it seems it comes forward into the arm that is back and moves back with the arm that is forward.

Edited by Crym

That's what I assumed. The cape how it swings is nice, but where it is needs to be changed....Thank you! I was hoping someone would see my mistake. I thought I was goin' crazy xD

To tell the truth I didn't notice that until I looked at your sprite sheet after testing, I just knew something looked funny. It's a simple mistake I don't think more people would ever really notice it.

Along with any help for the above, if someone wants to help that is, which do you think is better shading? The one to the left, is the original shading and the right to the new color: idavq0.png

And here he is with the new shading.

alrsbl.jpg

Someone suggested the shading, but I don't know. I personally think the first shading was right, but I'm not the master here. What do you guys think?

This guy looks awesome!

Are you going to release any of your finished work?

Thanks, Rated! :33 I think I had the most fun with Tyn (this character) C:

Hmm...I'm not sure. If I do, I'd like to start a website first and post them there as a "first appeared here" thing and under my resources. I might. One of my biggest goals for becoming a spriter was to help others. Building off for myself allows my talent to grow. That's also why I'm getting into scripting, so I can make and give to others, seeing as my game doesn't really require scripts and major self-made stuff.

So yea, most likely! :P

The cape is better, I did an animation of it in graphics gale to check it but noticed that there's something else that seems funny about him, when he walks his pants don't move at all. It seems like his feet are just jumping back and forth unconnected to the body, maybe it's just me and how hungry I am. Perhaps a slight change in the curve on the side of the pants with the leg that is back and some more shadowing with the stepping motion will make it look more human and natural.

The stepping looks funny, it doesn't appear as though his legs are moving with his feet. It kind of looks like his legs are stiff and his feet are moving separated from his legs, that is just how I see it on graphics gale when I do it as a .gif, perhaps just changing the way his legs look when a foot is back, shadows may not really do it. Then again this is just what I see and unless someone was really looking for it I doubt they would see the same thing as me. I'm not really sure though but it may not even look that way in RM since I have not checked just yet.

Hmm, here is the tester for the new cape edit. I'll see what I can do with the legs, not sure I know what you mean, but I'll test it in RM and see how it looks :)

mto2h0.jpg

As far as your test in RM goes I would recommend setting him up to do his stepping animation next to an RTP character also doing a stepping animation, it appears a bit obvious that way to me anyways. That's simple enough as it's only checking the boxes next to Move Animation and Stop Animation. I just realized that gray around his legs was part of armor right? even if it's armor when he steps it will still turn or move a little.

Yes, the gray around his legs is armor. :P

I'll test it now and edit my post :)

EDIT:

Oh, I think I see what you mean. It happens especially to the right leg. It looks like only his feet are moving, right?

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I had him next to Arshes in a test and it really shows that way. I'm sure you'll find an interesting way of fixing that.

If you make it look like it's turning in the direction of the step (see Arshes sprite) it should help a lot, the biggest problem is it's stiff in that posistion and even armor made like that would move when walking.

(Request from someone @ RRR, user Adrien.; work in progress)

So someone request the FF8 windowskin and I decided to try it. I have never made one before, though I used a generator in the past, this is a lot different and little weird...here is what I got.

znag4x.jpg

(I can't rip what FF8 has, I don't see anything for it)>.>

I am updating it as we speak. For some strange reason, it becomes a bit darker in game (I'm using scripts and such that messes with transparency and whatnot)

Could you test it for me and tell me if I'm doing it correctly? I've never made one xD

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Wow Crimson. You've made some real progress. That guy in the armor with red hair looks real cool. Good luck on your future spriting.

Thanks, Rgangsta! :33

Actually, after Tyn (the red haired sprite) your sprite is next, if I didn't forget anything. Its getting close to that part in the game to add you in, so I need to make the sprite. :sweatdrop:

I hope to update the thread again soon! :>

Another request. A cub to go with the big lion. Do you guys think the size is right? Its no where near being done, but... :sweatdrop:

210ljef.jpg

Requester asked for a resize, but it doesn't look good, so it needs some plastic surgery and some new life put back into it. :lol:

Edited by CrimsonInferno