New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
CrimsonInferno

Mystic Studio!

Oh yes, I know. I'm still editing it :P That's why the top of the mane is gone :)

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Another window rip request! It is one window rip from the newest remake of Final Fantasy IV for the PSP labeled "Final Fantasy IV: The complete Collection". This window skin is for VX, but I'm sure if someone wanted it for XP I could cook one up for ya really quick.

=====================

The only thing I cannot put onto is the glove. Its too large to place on the file. But I'm sure the link below can do that for the windowskin. They were suppose to go in the 64x64 box to the right top, but they would not fit so I left it blank. As for the patterns, they were supposed to go to the bottom left, but this game has loads of patterns, I can try to rip them as well, but it all depends on what color it should be >.>

(FF Glove Script: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=38856)

Here is one windowskin. I even did the rotating crystal...though there were too many frames to get the complete turning crystal. Sorry :(

vrqxp5.jpg

Save it and label it "FFIV windowskin" without the quotations. Or, name it whatever you want. Now open your script editor and go to Window_Base and search up this line " self.windowskin = Cache.system("Window")" and then change "Window" to the name of the windowskin. Remember to place the Windowskin within the "System" folder. :)

If you don't like the lines (which were actually in the game xD) that appears under things you are highlighting and would like the glove to show instead (if the script works) then just open the image up in a graphics program and remove the line of the two blues which is located above the giant square of mass colors. :)

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Glad you like it! :33

I'm gonna make different ones with different patterns as the new remake of FFIV has window patterns just like VX xD

And thank you very much! Good to be back :D

You're welcome :)

Update!

I'm making an edit to the cave water tile to be round. I hate that god-awful square water. Its not perfect (yet? lol), but here is what I have so far! :33

6p70nm.jpg

There's still some dark brown I can't figure out where on the autotile is so I can edit it, but I will keep trying xD

*If anyone has suggestions, I'm open to hear them! :33*

:o You're too awesome for this. The patience you must have to re-do this whole thing. :P

Thanks, Rgangsta. :biggrin_002:

Patience is part of it, yes :) The rest is that I think its fun. :lol:

I think the bottom of the frames need editing. Too much brown...

Hey Crimson. Wow there's been some progress made while I've been gone... How's that characterset of the red-haired guy with the red-cape coming along? That looks pretty amazing :D Keep it up Crimson :alright:

So sorry this is late! I didn't know anyone posted in it. :sweatdrop:

He needs his side frames done, but I can easily do that. I wanted to press onto tilesets for the moment xD

*This should really be moved xD*

I have a question guys.

You know my treehouse tileset? Do you think its weird that the houses on top would be that small but the inside be bigger? :sweatdrop: The reason I ask is because it seems really weird, as I just noticed.

I was thinking about alternatives to a treehouse. What about a hole in a tree that leaders to an underground village? Or how about a hole in a tree that leads up a large (large!) tree trunk to the upper levels of a tree? There would be linking bridges, houses, ladders etc etc. It would be sorta like in Star Wars? What do you guys think?

I could use all the suggestions and help that you can spare... :sweatdrop:

Sorry if the link doesn't work. I've edited it a billion times.

Edited by CrimsonInferno

*Just started *not full size**

http://i52.tinypic.com/32zltad.jpg

It doesn't look very good plain, but soon it will be flush! :D

OLD version; too small:

]http://i56.tinypic.com/2dwetki.jpg

Holy crap! Did you make these? You're totes' worth hiring.

@Kiriashi:

Yes, I made them. :)

What's "totes'"? :sweatdrop:

@Chief:

I used Photoshop CS5; but GIMP, Paint and older PS can do this as well. :)

And thanks guys! I only started last night, so I'm no master. :biggrin_002:

Totes = totally. Excuse my silly mannerisms.

Seriously though, awesome work.

No, not what software, but how exactly did you make it? I find it quite intriguing, and useful.

@Kiriashi

Oh, that makes sense xD

And thanks once more :)

@Chief

Oh, well within Photoshop I make a 1024x1024 image (bigger for me, because I like big, high quality maps) with white/black background at 72pi. Next, I go up to the Filters > Render > Clouds and then I go back to Filters > Render > Difference Clouds/Cloud Difference and then I press that until it makes a shape that I like. See the clouds make countries/islands/lands in whiter and the "sea" is in black. Once it generates a shape that I like, I make some layers, adjust levels, group the layers and some other stuff. I do it a jumbled way and would only confuse you on the later steps, so I'll just link you to a great tutorial by Saderan. It is amazingly simple and fun. I kinda wish I knew about it before I started lol

You need an account to download the file here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/attachme...mp;d=1262251614

Here is the thread: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthre...0%93-a-tutorial

It appears as though the forums are messing up that link... This is odd. I am unable to go to those URL's. may I ask that you try putting them in tinyurl or making them not links?

That is weird, it did messed up my links. That's never happened before.Okay, make an account here (clickable) and once you are logged in, click this link here and download the tutorial. :)

Hey, they are no match for google.

I don't think he wants his stuff spread around like that, but oh well I suppose. Just don't spread the file around xD

Edited by CrimsonInferno

So I decided to search the internet on learning about latitude Biomes (?) etc etc and I came across this PDF tutorial, which I'm reading now.I want this world to be big, I know that, and snowy but I want it to be believable so I took to learning about this. Anyways, if its allowed, here is the first step is has me doing -- squeezing the land masses together like a puzzle! :3

Edited by CrimsonInferno

EDIT:

Remaking the girl! I think my skills have improved biggrin.gif But I will have to wait for some people to get back for me to know that though. laugh.gif

Anyways, I present Remake Girl!

24zcacp.jpg

Bigger Version:

246joeo.jpg

Am I getting better? :sweat:

=====================

Edited by CrimsonInferno

Love the map Crimson :) The vegetation and mountains look amazing :D I wish I could do stuff like that... The character looks great, also, and the colouring is amazing :D Damn you make me intensely jealous... Ah well Im still into spriting :D So Im glad about that. Anything else new lately?

Edited by Tomo2000

Thanks Tomo! :3 I'm only getting better 'cause the corny, but oh so true "practice makes perfect!" xD Why, yes there is! I'm working on my actual drawing skills after I stopped at like 12 >.>

So I'm working on the highlighting of the hair. The sun is above her, at least that's what RTP is I think. So I'm trying to base it around that.

2iu6e7m.jpg2itle6d.jpg

Better...?

Edited by CrimsonInferno

<3 the Naruto head :D And I think I like the other version of that sprite better, since it has more noticable shading on the head. Keep up the great work Crimson :D

Thanks Tomo! smile.png

So its been a while since I've sprited because I stopped to work on my game, and then stopped for studies. But I've picking it back up and trying to finish her. Unfortunately, my time away left me extremely rusted, so I'll be posting my WIPs again, to get back in the mood.

So I'm making her back side now, because the front is completed, and this is what I have. I'm not very happy with it, but comparing it to the old one here, it looks SO much better I think. But even if it looks better than the other, its still ughy in my eyes. I just needed a base to compare, so here it is.

hrzp00.jpg

I'm using the same colors, but something seems really, really off to me, especially the part where it actually meets the braid. Ugh!

Critiques, suggestions--anything--is welcomed!

EDIT:

I'm so embarassed! I didn't realize the head above was HUGE compared to the body. See how rusty I am? Its like I'm learning all overagain! Anyways, here's the newest update.

Small View

neauye.jpg

Big View

16110l.jpg

I'm not too happy with it. I'll keep remaking it until I can get out of my funk!

Suggestions? Critiques? Anything? Post em please. smile.png

Edited by CrimsonInferno