New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
laansolo

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game be commercial?

2. 2. What system?

3. 3. Communication

• Chat Rooms

[removed]

I don't really know how the management will be done and don't want to but in, but what always works for me is a simple tick chart for people in certain sections (i do this in a very old project years agao, and still do in my degree course when working in groups). It is simple very simple, but maybe that is the easiest and most upfront way of keeping track?

Example:

Designers

-guy1 = Not handed in

-guy2 = handed in

Writer

-Guy 16 = handed in

-guy 5 = handed in

Directors

-guy 4 = Not handed in

-guy 17 = handed in

Edited by Marked

@Mandachi

its up to the Storyboard Managers who assign task to keep track of what gets done

the organizer is responsible for putting the game together

essentially they manufacture the actual game taking all the various (events, scripts, music, graphics, maps, etc.)

in other words they copy and paste

I think the organizer should keep a change log as well, just to keep everything on track

note for anymore questions: please pm either me or laansolo

Edited by Enigma

Hmm... Looks like I'm not listed as an eventer. Does this mean that I was refused / not needed for the function, or was my example game not yet been checked? I couldn't quite tell from the posts after it...

Either way, I still want to be an eventer, since that would work pretty well together with writing dialogue (as I can simply add it to the events myself myself).

Hmm... Looks like I'm not listed as an eventer. Does this mean that I was refused / not needed for the function, or was my example game not yet been checked? I couldn't quite tell from the posts after it...

Either way, I still want to be an eventer, since that would work pretty well together with writing dialogue (as I can simply add it to the events myself myself).

Eventers do need verification, and i forgot to check the thingy.

nevermind. Said something, but madanchi said something first...

Edited by laansolo

Nice to see we stopped picking on Marked. Personally, I think he's a pretty cool guy. Eh manages RMXPU and doesn't afraid of anything.

On topic: Maybe we ought to use this thread for registrations and info regarding registrations only? Perhaps another for discussions of how we set things up.

I removed a couple of unnecessary posts so we can keep this topic on topic. I remember another topic where a little flaming went on between members and mods, everyone took what a member said and gave their own interpretation of it, it just gets messy and silly.

Ok now back on topic :)

#1: Yeah, that should probably be changed. But it works for now. And clone1018, he was not saying that this is going to fail and he did not say he hated people like this. Before you post, try to make sure you know exactly what the other person is saying. Otherwise everybody gets upset, then murder... Heh, just kidding. But seriously. Keep that in mind before you post.

Don't pseudo-mod dude, nobody likes it when people do that.

Well, I've been waiting for a Thread for the Nominations, and you haven't made it. Is that gonna happen anytime soon, there, laansolo?

on the first post, it says ill be putting it up sunday. the rules are there too.

Actually, laansolo, we've decided not to hold nominations. It seems a little redundant since there are only a few of us working on the project. We'll ask the members participating who'd like to be the Project organizer and if nobody wants to, Enigma or myself will take the position.

We do, however need people to sign into chat so we can discuss this further.

Or I will take the position. Im on more than you.

Edited by laansolo

i can do spriting, but not right now. i believe there are some samples of my work uploaded on the forums:) just pleas epm me whenever you need me, because i' m in the middle of my exams period and i' m like... DEAD...:(

May I remind you all that being active on the site includes taking part in forum project chat, especially right now when the story is being developed

The organizer needs to have a good understanding of the story

@nanou-Thx for the help and I understand your situation, whenever you have the time pm it to either free to play or laansolo

Hey guys. I've just realized that I'm gonna be quite busy with school the next couple months due to a large project that's gonna start soon. I think it's best if I dropped out of this team, out of fear that I may have too little time to spend on this. Last thing I want to do is disappoint everyone here who relies on me doing a good job...

I understand I'm probably already disappointing people by dropping out; At least I'm not causing any harm to the project by doing this now.

So, sorry for getting your hopes up. I need to be less impulsive in the future and look ahead of me before deciding stuff...

Alright. Thanks for joining up with us for a little while. IF you ever find time, yo ucan still help. Like the weekends, maybe.

(accidental double post)

Edited by laansolo

Alright. Thanks for joining up with us for a little while. IF you ever find time, yo ucan still help. Like the weekends, maybe.

Sure thing! I'll be checking every once in a while to see whether there's anything I can help out with ;)

So where are we at? As in, what's happening now, when we starting the game etc

edit: Ok, forget about this post, Statement of Intent thread has been created AND I completely misssed this topic which my post should have propperly been in http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/6365-forum-project-2012/

Edited by madanchi