New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
laansolo

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game be commercial?

2. 2. What system?

3. 3. Communication

• Chat Rooms

LOL guess who's votes are now leading in ALL THREE CATEGORIES? :D

When we have upwards of ten people, we should assign a staff to oversee everything. (Yay, more voting.) So nobody tries to go all hitler and deletes everything from the FTP to spite us.

The back up can't be on the FTP b/c it has to be in a place where it can stay for a long time preferably mediafire or box.net which hold files indefinetly

Essentially, The Organizer has to be 100% trust worthy/ committed

Edited by Enigma

Well we can't just give the password out like candy, that might bring more bots or hackers. There should only be three or less people who know the password.

I haven't read the entire topic but I'll do so shortly.

Firstly no one except me and isaacol will have access to FTP of this site. Its also totally unnecessary, you're making a game not a website, right?

I can setup anything you guys need right here on the forums that only team members can see. I've actually been thinking a lot about a system for project organization but of course I haven't wrote it yet.

PS this is the 3rd of 4th time that this has attempted here. Therefore you'll probably see the older members not wanting to go near this.

If I had free time I would try to help everyone.

Marked,

There are more people interested in this project than past forum projects. Keep your hopes up.

Haha, I always encourage this stuff :)

I just read the topic so never mind about my last post if you were not talking about this site FTP. I assumed since its a forum project on this forum...

EDIT: The spammy posts may deter members from signing up. I'm not warning you guys because its hard to avoid in such a topic, but making necessarily long and members wont read the posts.

Collaborative forum effort to make an original rmxp game

Right now this is recruiting so nothing has been started yet, once enough people sign up we can get this show on the road

Till the story develop team is made theres no story so

I can help with scripting(Menu System for now until i get better) and mapping

Edited by bigace

Eventers: 10

• Each eventer will work on a specific task or map.
  • One eventer per map at a time.
    Procedure:
    1.) Eventer will be assigned a task.
    1.) Eventer will download the most recently updated game file from the Organizer, which contains all variable/ switch/ database info.
    1.) Create the event.
    1.) Use Comments as necessary.
    1.) After finishing, the eventer will post it up on FTP. The Main Eventer will compile it and send it to the Organizer.

Lol sorry about that, those were supposed to be numbered.

Actually. I can provide you guys with something WAY (like 200x) better then FTP. I'll list some of the details below.

• Flexible role based access control
  • Flexible issue tracking system
  • Gantt chart and calendar
  • News, documents & files management
  • Feeds & email notifications
  • Project wiki
  • Project forums
  • Time tracking
  • Custom fields for issues, time-entries, projects and users
  • SCM integration (SVN, CVS, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar and Darcs)
  • Issue creation via email

And you can pick and choose which you want and which you don't.

This will basically allow you to communicate properly. Assign tasks to people. Roll back (or forward) your projects code. Add bugs. Talk on a private forum. And so much more. Plus I'll host you guys for free if you add Hosted by bla in the credits or somewhere :D.

And don't worry. I keep nightly backups spreaded through 3 servers in 3 different data centers.

Edited by clone1018

Sorry for the late post. bigace, I need an example of your graphics. It's procedure. I've already seen some of rgangsta' and Mandanchi's. (they posted theirs in a topic before this one was made, and I saw them, so I trust them).

Not that I dont trust you, but I just haven't seen any of you're graphics. And also, are the pixled or not?

and clone, that thing you have looks pretty good. But not quite yet. Democracy is key in things like this. We still need staff, manager, and more people to sign onto this.

Edited by laansolo

Ah, bummer. Oh well.

FreeToPlay, you have not signed up for anything yet.

Edited by laansolo

Sorry for the late post. bigace, I need an example of your graphics. It's procedure. I've already seen some of rgangsta' and Mandanchi's. (they posted theirs in a topic before this one was made, and I saw them, so I trust them).

Not that I dont trust you, but I just haven't seen any of you're graphics. And also, are the pixled or not?

Well, what graphics are we talking about. You mean designing characters(pixels) or creating logos and flash graphics and things.

If its the latter, look at my signiture and my game thread(obvious everyone actually took the time too look they would notice i did the graphics for that whole page by my self <_< )

I kind suck at creating characters at the momment :sweatdrop:

Ah, bummer. Oh well.

FreeToPlay, you have not signed up for anything yet.

I shall be a mapper or an eventer.

He said it on the first page <_<

(post removed by user)

Edited by laansolo

But you never provided any examples of your work. Therefor are not an acceptable applicant.

OK this should help with understanding the organization

*huge chart*

So the story writers send me and the story developer their drafts, I write up some dialog, and send it to the story managers and eventers? I just want to understand my task.

Edited by LNER fan

Your task hasn't been set in stone yet. Again, nobody can get this started until theres a staff and enough members have joined.

Forgot to check FreeToPlay, but now that I have, he is definantly a great mapper