New account registrations are disabed. This website is now an archive. Read more here.
laansolo

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the game be commercial?

2. 2. What system?

3. 3. Communication

• Chat Rooms

All right, after this, lets keep the talk down to joining this and sending in graphics for viewing for registration, seeing as there is a few useless posts. Not talking about all of them, but some. (Including a couple of mine)

Edited by laansolo

I just played the demo project. It's pretty good but it just needs more details in the maps.

Can you do a title screen and gameover?

Also, you make it sound like its no big deal for idea generation. It is a big ting that many games stop in the moiddle of creation because if a mental block. So you being able to give ideas is very good. :alright:

Ok then, if I can I'll apply for the idea generation role (what ever job that comes under), I never run dry of imagination and always producing storylines and ideas of almost any type

and I think everyone should say if they want pixel art (rpg maker style) or custom graphics (not pixel).

also voted

I just played the demo project. It's pretty good but it just needs more details in the maps.

Lol u mean mine? That's not the forum project.

EDIT: Wait what the fuck do you mean "needs more detail"? I DETAIL THE SHIT OUTTA MY MAPS! STEAM STEAM STEAM STEAM STEAM STEAM STEAM STEAM STEAM!!!

@ Bob423,

FTP is me! Lol no, an FTP is a File Transfer Proxy. (I think) and you host the files for the Forum project on it. Like MediaFire or Fileden.

Edited by Free To Play

Ok then, if I can I'll apply for the idea generation role (what ever job that comes under), I never run dry of imagination and always producing storylines and ideas of almost any type

and I think everyone should say if they want pixel art (rpg maker style) or custom graphics (not pixel).

also voted

#1: You could just generate ideas as you decide, but storyline and character managers will decide qhether or not to use that idea.

#2: I already kinda already had that. Whoops... didn't understand it at first. That would be a good idea, but could you send me a pm to specify only because I dont want people posting unnecessary stuff. I'm not saying that you are going to post something unnecessary, but that there is already 3 pages, and I want to reserve space so that as I set this all up, I dont have to go through 30 pounds of stuff to find applications. Sorry if it sounds rude.

Lol who voted for RMVX?

I think there should be a general master-list of everyone participating. At the top of the first post. So it's easy to tell how many people are involved\

EDIT: Just so we're clear, these are the positions I'm signing up for.

Credits Manager

Mapper

Storyboard dev

Character design

Edited by Free To Play

Lol who voted for RMVX?

I think there should be a general master-list of everyone participating. At the top of the first post. So it's easy to tell how many people are involved.

Me and clone voted for VX, and so did someone else. it only says 2 because clone accidentally klicked on xp, so he had me keep track of it. WHen i noticed that there was a 20 to one xp to vx, i said screw it.

as for the master list, sounds good.

Oh and maybe you should look over the first post again, there are some typos and some things aren't bolded.

EDIT:

And we should establish a staff soon.

Edited by Free To Play

You could probably do it in excel and then upload it onto the site so every can see who and what everyone is partipating in a lot easier.

You could probably do it in excel and then upload it onto the site so every can see who and what everyone is partipating in a lot easier.

I probably will. I just need to get all positions filled and a staff assigned.

Then make a whole new topic, It'd be easier for people to monitor. If the nominations are private, how will people be able to tell if you're lying or not?

Edited by Free To Play

Touche. Alright nominations will be poublic

so whats FTP?

FTP is me! Lol no, an FTP is a File Transfer Proxy. (I think) and you host the files for the Forum project on it. Like MediaFire or Fileden.

The P stands for protocol. It's not really like a hosting site. The best way to describe it is its a system of accessing and uploading files directly to the websites server. For example to make these forums you would upload the files using FTP.

i dont really understand this

It is unnecessarily complicated considering how many members have signed on. I hope someone has some extremely good management skills to be able to pull this off. We had some pretty decent team members when this was attempted before (though it was actually an rmxpu thing) and it still didn't get too far. I still have the old topics hidden away.

God Marked. Stop being a negative nancy. All of your posts in this topic just scream: FAILURE. THIS IS GOING TO FAIL. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

If you dont have anything nice to say. Don't say anything at all.

Edited by clone1018

God Marked. Stop being a negative nancy. All of your posts in this topic just scream: FAILURE. THIS IS GOING TO FAIL. I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

HAH. Agreed.

But thank you Marked, I didn't know what FTP meant, I kinda ripped that one out of my ass.

All right, after this, lets keep the talk down to joining this and sending in graphics for viewing for registration, seeing as there is a few useless posts. Not talking about all of them, but some. (Including a couple of mine)

I am sorry, but did this post mean nothing?!?!?!

Edited by laansolo

I was giving advice, don't tell me how to post, k? That diagram is too complicated for the amount of members who've signed up and are likely to sign up.

I am sorry, but did this post mean nothing?!?!?!

It's hard to steer a topic back on topic or to a slightly different topic than the original post. You may want to make another.

I was giving advice, don't tell me how to post, k? That diagram is too complicated for the amount of members who've signed up and are likely to sign up.

It's hard to steer a topic back on topic or to a slightly different topic than the original post. You may want to make another.

#1: Yeah, that should probably be changed. But it works for now. And clone1018, he was not saying that this is going to fail and he did not say he hated people like this. Before you post, try to make sure you know exactly what the other person is saying. Otherwise everybody gets upset, then murder... Heh, just kidding. But seriously. Keep that in mind before you post.

#2: Sounds like a good idea. But probably won't be until after nominations.

Edited by laansolo

The Diagram represents the flow of data between the jobs and is meant to minimize the amount of work set on one person

Color Code:

RED- these positions have a high rate of communication with the FTP server and/or manages/standardizes data

Green - task positions; creates in non-audiovisual game data, such as events and script

other colors- (will do later seeing as my school blocks images from tinypic and I cant actually see the diagram)

The following positions can be modified:

Scripters and Main Scripter: if there is only one scripter than he/she is the main scripter

Scripters need not upload to ftp because the script can be posted on forum or PMed to main scripter

this does not apply to Eventers or mappers

storyboard developers

(more to come)